Need Paleo Support Friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for going this far and for asking for accountability.
    Did you read ISWF before doing your whole30 by chance? Sounds like you are a victim of "food without brakes" and your list is a bit longer than some. I have several that trigger addiction - so I just have to stay away completely. There is a reason lays potato chips say you "can't have just one" - they made it addicting on purpose.

Your post made me think of these two recent articles.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/8856420/How-carbs-can-trigger-food-cravings

& I love this woman and her blog - I started following her almost two years ago. She has been on TV shows since she has kept the weight off so well - but this blog post is a great honest update of her progress and how EVERYONE has struggles.
    http://primaljourney.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/everything-in-moderation.html

You know something funny? One of my "food without brakes" triggers used to be sweet-and-sour-and salty (like bacon fat/cider vinegar/sugar wilted salad dressing, or German potato salad dressing), but now I can make hot dressing out of bacon fat and a little cider vinegar and maybe a smidge of honey (haven't done it since I started Whole30) and feel satisfied after eating a good-sized green salad. Don't feel like having seconds or thirds, just one helping is enough.

Same with creamy coleslaw -- I changed the dressing from equal amounts mayo/white sugar/white vinegar to 1/2 cup paleo mayo (again, pre-Whole30) plus a tablespoon of cider vinegar plus a teaspoon of raw honey and it didn't trigger wanting more and more and more.

I really think eliminating the grains (and these were GF grains as our household is gluten free), potatoes, and sugar made a huge difference in being able to stop when satisfied, or maybe even being able to feel satisfaction in the first place.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well. I'm new to this site but I've been paleo/PB for two months and love this lifestyle. :)

Please add me, too. Have been paleo/primal since mid-May.
  • Helpnuout
    Helpnuout Posts: 1
    Options
    Add me too! Just starting as of July 1.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have been pretty strict paleo since June 1 (with a few planned cheats, generally booze). Once I get more comfortable eating this way I do plan to relax to about 85/15 to sustain this way of eating in the long term. Have you thought about trying that? Maybe if you planned a few non-paleo meals in your week, you wouldn't be tempted to go off the rails all weekend.
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You can add me too!! I want more friends! lol
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well. I ate Paleo for 2 and a half month, felt amazing, was losing weight, my skin was beautiful,y anxiety better then I fell off the wagon. I need to get back and being around and talking to others on the same plan is invaluable!
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me as well! I've been primal (I eat home-made yogurt and the occasional cheese) for 10 months now, and I feel I have it pretty well under control. I've completed 2 Whole30s and I've never felt better! For the first few months, it's hard to get everything straight, and there were many times I went off course - but it gets easier with more practice!
  • KristysGonnaGetFit
    KristysGonnaGetFit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as well for Paleo/Primal support. I log my food almost every weekday (I don't log on the weekend because too busy with the family, but I still eat the same). I eat Primal since I LOVE cheese as a snack and have done so for a year and without much working out have lost inches and feel SO MUCH BETTER. I hate how I feel when I slip and eat something "unapproved" :-) Welcome to a wonderful way of eating!
  • cristina3980
    cristina3980 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just heard about this Primal/Paleo lifestyle from a friend of mine who has been doing this for awhile. I would like to know more about it, can any of you help me out?? Thanks:)
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 3 of my first whole30 and plan to keep going after the 30 days. feel free to add me - i'm always looking for more paleo/primal friends!
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Can everyone add me? Going to try paleo lifestyle but am confused with all of this. What is primal?

Primal is basically Paleo with dairy products included (not tons, but not necessarily strictly avoided).
  • paleobabe87
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I'm new to MFP (returning member) and have been eating Paleo for the last two or so weeks.

I need some friends! Would be great if some people wanted to add me :)

Gemma.