Replies

• baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey! I finished W6D1 today. :)
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Finished week 4 today. So far, so good. Anxious about next week, but have been able to complete all weeks so far.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I get such a red face! Glad it isn't just me lol

I don't know why but it just my face - my neck and ears stay pale but my face will stay red for a good hour or two after heavy exertion. Even when I was a kid, same thing and no amount of cold towels or drinks seem to help.

Oh well, at least it proves I'm trying lol
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I think on Friday I'll get up even earlier and go before work - the downside is I'll have to take my comedy red face to work with me lol
    I don't mind having a red face, but I'm the antithesis of a morning person. I despise waking up before 9am. I already have to get up at 6 to shower so if I add running, I'd have to get up at 5, and the sun's not always up yet then. I don't feel comfortable running my path in the dark so I'd have to wait which means I'd run out of shower time so I would smell at work... Those are the things stopping me from running before work. :laugh:

Same here with the 6am alarm but I'm not too bad with mornings although my husband has pointed out that by the time I'd get back he'd already have left for the gym but as I said to him - I can't sacrifice my exercise just to fit around his. I don't think he's going to like new fitter wife lol
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did week 8, day 1. I can't believe I'm 3 runs from graduation!

ETA: I made it 9.25 laps in that time, so a little more than 2.25 miles. :)
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    W9D2 down!

I was hoping my son would be overflowing with energy because I had a ton of it. He wasn't. Suffice it to say, we did not break any of our own records and not only was I able to talk comfortably for the whole 30 minutes, I was chattering away at him to "run just a little faster, just for a few minutes!" and wasn't even a little out of breath. Oh well!
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 1 down, did it at 6.2mph with tons of energy :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Just as an FYI, I used to get a really red face when exercising until I was diagnosed with exercise-induced asthma and got an inhaler. It's made all the difference in my general quality of life - I just have a lot more energy - and never get red-faced the way I used to. I never got wheezy or anything, I would just pant a bit more than other people. It's worth mentioning to your doctor.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 2 done after having worked three nights in a row and not doing any since Sunday. It's humid out but not overly sunny and probably going to rain. I still am really slow, the road has slopes up and down so I try to do more when I'm not running uphill. I made it a little further than I did on day one. Day 3 is Saturday then I'm going to NYC on Monday for a few days so Week 9 will have to wait.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Just finished W2D3, I was a little slower today because my left shin is hurting.
  • Joydriven
    Joydriven Posts: 46
    Options
    Ok, had to travel and missed my W2 D2 for a couple of days. And, my shoes I ordered two weeks ago and promised in 5 days are still not anywhere in sight. Found Zappos carries them, so I've ordered them, and unfortunately will receive them way before the local fitness store. Seriously, my toes are curled in my decades old shoes I've been running in for the past two plus weeks.

Off tomorrow, again in my toe curled, Achilles' tendon pressured shoes.

Committed I am!
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    C2 10K

Week 9 day 3 down and done!
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    W7D2 in the books. Fastest mile and fastest 5K today. Feeling good. Running With the Devil by VanHalen brought me home today.
  • destructor2013
    Options
    Can't believe I actually did W5D3 today without any breaks other than the warm-up/cool-down walks at the beginning and end. When I started back at the end of May I couldn't even run 30 seconds without stopping. Today I did 20 minutes. Wow. Looked ahead to next week's D3 and I have to do 25 minutes which I think I can actually do now that I know I can do 20.
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great job. I can totally relate to your progress. The first time I looked ahead and saw a long run on the horizon I got a little anxious and seriously doubted myself. Now that I am in the middle of Week 7, I know that if I stick to the training plan, there is no way I won't be able to do the 5K that I registered for in three weeks.

I found that it helped to set short-term goals and to keep raising the bar when I achieved them. Now I am confident enough in my running to run around others and not on the seldom used paths.

Good luck in the rest of your C25K.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I did W6D2 today! :)
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    WK1D4 and my thighs and back feel like I got run over in the night. Hoping it improves as I go on.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Did Week 9 Day 2 today.

I am a real runner! Yesterday I bought a running shirt and shorts and today my dog and I went out running in the rain with me in my new clothes. No cotton at all. He was a little confused at first, being out with me in the rain, but he soon just went with it and we had a good run without having to deal with bikes on the bike path.

As with the last run, I wanted to quit during the last few minutes, but reminded myself that I had almost done it and if I quit I'd have to repeat this day. There is a real benefit to me in having a set program that I "have" to do rather than just a general "do some running". I have my 5 to 10K app bought and will be ready to start it next week.
  • Dancesintherain75
    Options
    Ok, need to share. So, I ran 2.01 miles straight this am!!! 25 minutes... but whatever, speed will come with time, I'm so amazed by the distance! Is it wrong that I might be in love with the C25k lady?? LOL If she were real, I would have kissed her this morning when she announced I was done and had run 2.01 miles!!!

I literally remember at the end of day 1 thinking "there's no freaking way... I can't do this".... and now I'm thinking "uh oh... I just completed week 7, what am I going to do when I'm done after week 9?" It's amazing how true "trust the training" is!!!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I did it! Finished w9d3 today!

Now to find a 5k to run!