Injuries?

Options
cm1458
cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
SO is it just me, or are you girls/guys getting injuries from 30DS? L3 has kicked my butt! I'm not sure what my problem is, but I actually have to pause the workout for about 3-5mins after I do the scissor crunches. After doing them, my lower back hurts so bad I cant stand up straight. It feels like a cross between a pinched nerve and a herniated disk(I've had one before, but had it fixed surgically).

Also, while doing the plyometrics (jump training) I get terrible pains near my Achilles tendon, and down the fronts of my feel/ankles. My left knee is pretty bad off too. I can barely straighten it out without pain when I'm not working out.

I feel like I need to throw up during and after circuit 3...
I took a rest day, thinking it would help, but I think it may have made it worse.

Replies

• rhinosfan
    rhinosfan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been doing the 30DS for the month of June in a thread on here.

Just wanted to say that I have hurt my knee from level 3. Got to 6 days in and something hurt my knee and ankle in my left leg (I'm thinking plyometric lunges and the rock star jumps) I though if I just rested it over the weekend it would be better and I could carry on but I struggled to even walk up and down the stairs.

I didn't finish the last few days of level 3. My leg hurts to walk. I tried to do level 1 again today as I now haven't worked out for nearly 2 weeks, but as soon as I tried to do a jumping jack my leg nearly gave way and I was in pain. I found that when I tried the jump rope that my left knee would come much further forward than my right and I couldn't stop my body trying to compensate by putting most of the weight onto my right leg.

Not really sure what I have actually done as it is fine when I ride my bike too and from work. It seems like when I was doing the jump rope that my left foot would rather go flat when I land whereas my right leg lets me stay on my tiptoes ready to jump again.