Anybody starting INSANITY on 15th july?

Options
Hi,
I am starting Insanity program on or around 15th July. I had started it in January but quit is 3 weeks as my knees kept getting painful with each workout. I had to stop doing this completely when I reached a point of not being able to walk.

This time I plan to do it with different shoes as suggested in some of the blogs here, as to be one of the causes for bad knee during insanity

Replies

• angelawilliams986
    Options
    I started on Monday so I'm not ahead of you by much. This is my second (third) time trying it so hopefully I can finish the 60 days!
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Im starting on the 15th. This will be my 3rd attempt, my last time i made it to the 5th week and took ill. My goal this time round is to conquer the full 60 days... If you want to help support each other let me know! Nothing better than a support team :)
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I tried two workouts of Insanity. I have refused to workout even with the Cardio Recovery. MAJOR DOMS my legs and calves are crazy sore :grumble: I am going to try "starting again" in a couple days even I can't finish the whole workout. I don't have any NSAIDS to help with the doms or money to buy any :cry:
  • midgar777
    midgar777 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting the last month tomorrow! I started on a saturday initially because I didn't know how my crohns would handle all the exercise - it seems okay so far though!

The recovery week didn't feel too much like a recovery period but it's all good haha! This is my first attempt and I haven't missed a workout in the first 5 weeks so it's going okay...I am scared of the last month though! :)
  • missjewl
    Options
    I tried two workouts of Insanity. I have refused to workout even with the Cardio Recovery. MAJOR DOMS my legs and calves are crazy sore :grumble: I am going to try "starting again" in a couple days even I can't finish the whole workout. I don't have any NSAIDS to help with the doms or money to buy any :cry:

Hun... everyone is sore in some way when starting Insanity or any other workout for that matter if they are not use to it. You are moving and using parts that don't normal move that way. Advil will help and it's pretty cheap! Try drinking chocolate milk after your workout, it can help replenish exhausted muscles and significantly aid exercise recovery. As for not finishing the entire workout... don't worry about that as long as you keep trying, eventually you will complete it!
  • paulrajchel
    Options
    I just started yesterday. It's my first time but I'm pretty excited. It would be cool to discuss our progress throughout the next 2 months.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on the 15th!
    My first dvd workout program.. Up until this point I've been running and strength training with barbells (not running with barbells).
  • benno1978
    benno1978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    started today with the fitness test
  • gemflower
    gemflower Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am starting on the 15th, although I did do two of the workouts already just to see what I am in for. I am sore but I love it!
  • pdiddy02
    pdiddy02 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I will start Insanity tom! I had done 3 weeks and then stopped due to some emergency at home, then started LMC, and now back to Insanity!! feel free to add me - I log on everyday to get motivated and motivate others!
  • JayVarys
    JayVarys Posts: 37
    Options
    This time I plan to do it with different shoes as suggested in some of the blogs here, as to be one of the causes for bad knee during insanity

I completed Insanity and The asylum (just got my committed T-shirt today) I could help motivate you and others. Feel free to add.

currently I've been doing insanity and asylum on and off. As of last monday I hurt my knee as well and from then I've been slowly recovering. I'll try a Insanity workout tomorrow morning.
  • Flowerchildx92
    Options
    I starting tomorrow! Would love to have someone go through it on the days that I am as well So i can vent too! feel free to add me or anyone else doing this challenge. I want to do it for 120 days and then try Asylum:) But im trying to not get ahead of myself :)
  • Mismis28
    Mismis28 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi I started july 1:st so I'm on week 2, day 1 today. This is probably my fourth or fifth time attempting insanity but I'm determined to really push through this time. Feel free to add me if you want to see insanity workouts in your news feed :)
  • missjewl
    Options
    Hi,
    I am starting Insanity program on or around 15th July. I had started it in January but quit is 3 weeks as my knees kept getting painful with each workout. I had to stop doing this completely when I reached a point of not being able to walk.

Completed my fit test #1.... How did you do??
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today !!!
  • SheedahSmile14
    SheedahSmile14 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did days 1 and 2 last week so today will be day 3. Good luck! We're in this together.
  • MissMary44
    MissMary44 Posts: 16
    Options
    I start Wednesday :heart:
  • vee1217
    vee1217 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started Sunday!!This is my second attempt. I made it through weeks 1 and 2 and didn't stick with it. I'm hoping to push through this time! Finished pure cardio tonight. the sweat was dripping off my face! Ahh!! Good luck all!
  • aprilbloop
    Options
    i am going to re start for my fifth time tomorrow i keep giving up because when i get to week three or four i get discouraged and lazy i cant seem to push my self i need help. im starting tomorrow with a broken finger so im afraid i wont be able to push like i want to. i might wait till thursday to start so that i can buy a sports bra but i dont want to not start on a tuesday due to the schedule .
  • evilchild86
    Options
    Started with Fit Test Yesterday Evening 15th and Completed workout 1 this morning.
    I am 10 a day smoker and way around 16st.

I have nearly thrown up this morning but managed to keep it down.
    I need to push to get through the lot and I already don't want to smoke any more.

Any any inspiration welcome and I will post here most mornings to provide moral support if needed.