Hi, Ladies!

Options
txteadrinker
txteadrinker Posts: 40 Member
Please join the group so that we can all support each other in our journey.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm here. Thanks for starting the group.
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group!
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Options
    Hi! I am here! Thanks for the invite and starting this group!:smile:
  • magzeen
    magzeen Posts: 3
    Options
    I call the half century mark the fearless fifties! Don't you feel like taking on the world!
  • simonsaysso
    simonsaysso Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! Great idea.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Monday! :smile:
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I call the half century mark the fearless fifties! Don't you feel like taking on the world!

Love this!!!!!

I am in!!!
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Me too thanks for the invite. I was 50 in March and refuse to roll over and give up, in any case its the new 40 isn't it?

Mandy x
  • winonalenore
    winonalenore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    just started back AGAIN today. thankful for another chance to do what is good for me. must remember "H.A.L.T." that is not to get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired. here goes.... have a great day everyone.
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group.

We are in this together.
  • deedee710
    deedee710 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for inviting me! I'm in!! 5o and fabulous!! :happy:
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have just turned 50 on June 17th and I instantly gained back 6 pounds!! I swear my body is changing. Couldn't be the endless birthday celebrations or the cruise!!! Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!! Back to the grind.
  • sammycat1
    sammycat1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies. Hope your all having a good day :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    great idea!
    great group!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I decided to get healthy last December and have been doing my best working toward that goal ever since then. I'm losing weight and getting some cardio in. I just started some body weight strength training. My major problem right now is strength/flexibility. Once I go down to the floor, and that's not really easy, getting back up is very hard.

I'd like to do some yoga, but getting down then up then down again is not going to happen fast if I need to do it during the routine. Anyone have any good starting yoga DVDs?

Most of the body weight drills I can handle, at least to some degree, but not squats. My knees hate them. I don't routinely have trouble with my knees in normal life, running (well, slow jogging), walking, stair climbing, but jumping and squats my knees don't like. Anyone know any pre-squat exercises to get the knees a little stronger?

Thanks, Donna
  • Channeling_Boudica
    Options
    I couldn't wait to turn 50 in February because it sounds so incredibly chic. I'm glad that we're here to support each other because those hormonal changes make weight loss a little more challenging.
  • karlajotj
    karlajotj Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I'll be 53 inSeptember. This body is definitely changing, (in areas I'd prefer it not to)! Also glad to support others!
  • mggriso
    mggriso Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invitation, I am in! It will be nice to moan about my knees and know that others understand, although Zumba seems to be doing some good in strengthening the muscles around the worn out knee joint. Have a good week all. :happy:
  • arctvc
    arctvc Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks for the invite :smile:
  • K9Lover
    K9Lover Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Passed 50 many moons ago but hey, it's only a number. I try not to concentrate on my chronological age but rather how I feel. Works most of the time. :-)
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started the Jorge Cruise Belly Fat Cure today and re-activated my MFP account to help me track the carbs and sugar. I turned 50 in October and the weight just magically appeared! I was able to get back to goal for my son's wedding June 1st but it has all been downhill since then. Looking for support and accountability here! Thanks for startin the thread.