Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi, Ladies!

2»

Replies

• Petie2611
    Petie2611 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone ! I'm new to MyFitnessPal and am looking forward to having some fun with this particular group!
  • franinaz
    franinaz Posts: 4 Member
    Hi Everyone...I've been over 50 for some time now (I'm 64) and the weight is a lot harder to keep off now. So I'm attacking it. Less sugar and carbs, more water and exercise. As the weight comes off--I am noticing that my knees don't ache as much and I have more energy. Great side effects!!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    I had a lot of regrets at first to waiting til I was 50 to start working out. I'm over it and just enjoying having a body that does what I tell it to.
  • Thanks for starting this group. I'll be 53 in November. I started MFP on 01 JAN this year. Started out like gang busters and then slacked but am back on track for a total loss or 34 lbs to date. I have 2 favorite sayings, "I may have to grow old but I don't have to grow up" and "if broccoli tasted like potato chips, I wouldn't have a weight problem".
  • L1giff
    L1giff Posts: 24 Member
    Soooo happy that you started this group! Thanks for the invite and I'm looking forward to the journey together!
  • zam1955
    zam1955 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm glad to join your group.
    Looking forward to going thru this journey with you ladies.
    I'll be 58 in September but it is only a number as one of the ladies said.
  • vanhook
    vanhook Posts: 1 Member
    Hello to all of you beautiful ladies! I have been struggling with losing weight and getting back into shape for over a year. Cancer had given me a swift kick but I fought back and am cancer free. Now I want to feel good and live life to the fullest. Looks like this group is going to be fun. Looking forward to being part of this group.
  • grannysmith54
    grannysmith54 Posts: 48 Member
    I'm so glad you invited me to the group, sounds like it will be fun. see you around
  • Hi everyone. I'm so happy to be here! Nice to see a group of women that I can relate to. No teens or new moms. Will be nice to share the particular problems that come with losing weight and getting fit at our age.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Hi, Thanks for the invite! :drinker:
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Hi, thanks for starting this group! I'm new to myfittnesspal, and looking forward to getting into better shape!
    Ruth
  • txteadrinker
    txteadrinker Posts: 40 Member
    WOW!!! I can't believe that we have 98 women in our group! Can you all imagine how powerful to each other we're going to be??:glasses:
  • SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    "if broccoli tasted like potato chips, I wouldn't have a weight problem".

Me either!
  • DRTChic
    DRTChic Posts: 40 Member
    I couldn't wait to turn 50 in February because it sounds so incredibly chic. I'm glad that we're here to support each other because those hormonal changes make weight loss a little more challenging.

Not sure how excited I am to turn 50 in September, but I do know about those hormonal changes...ugghhh...:ohwell:
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    I'm in!