• WEIGHING EVERY WEEKEND
• GOAL TO FIT YOUR SMALL SIZE DRESS
• PAMPER YOUR BODY EVERY WEEKEND
• WATCH YOURSELF IN MIRROR FULL LENGTH
• AVOID WATCHING TV /SPEND TIME WITH FAMILY&FRIENDS

Replies

• agonzalez1112
    Options
    Hi. I'm April. I live in Tucson, AZ. I just joined this group. I need to get motivated and stop eating the same things my husband and son do. They are both trim. I have recently taken up hiking with a very good friend/co-worker of mine as a fun exercise. I am going to log into this site daily and start tracking everything.

I have a son who is almost 11 and he has been learning about obesity and the related death rate. I know that my being overweight worries him. There have been a few comments (not mean) from him. I don't want to worry him or embarass him.

I wish you all luck on your weight loss. We can all do this!!!
  • mscountrygirl39456
    mscountrygirl39456 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Amanda. I am 31, I have 5 kids, I weighed 307 when I started in April.I weighed in last Friday morning at 274, I've lost 32 lbs. I still have a long way to go, as my main goal is to lose down to 150 lbs. I log in daily my food and exercise. It's been 2 yrs since I weighed 274, I am determined to keep on working hard to make myself a healthier person!!!!
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    ALOHA. :flowerforyou: My name is meg. i'm 18. i'm from london england I have no children, but do have a boyfriend. Since going out with him he has lured me into his very unhealthy eating habits of takeaway every night and if it is normal food, it'll be frozen burgers from iceland.
    I weigh in at 93 kg (205 pounds) and my first goal weight is to reach 75kg (165 pounds). I've been at this a while but not strict enough with myself, as of today I am being super strict and determined. I just want a body i can be proud of and comfortable in and feel SEXY in. :laugh: :tongue: :wink:
    I wish you all the best of luck, and we can supoort eachother to become happier, healthier people! x:love::flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Misty and I am from Amarillo, Texas. In less than three weeks I will be moving to Victoria Texas which is 25 miles from the coast. A couple of years ago I lost close to 30 pounds using this website as a tool. I logged my food everyday. I exercised everyday. It worked, but I know how to lose the weight, but did not log to maintain and eventually gained it all back over a course of a year. I gained it all back plus four pounds. I have tried a couple of times to start over but was not successful. I do not have a strong support group. My husband loves to eat and he doesn't gain. I usually just give in and eat with him. My life is about to change considerably, and I would like to incorporate this back in my life. The initial post addressed most of my issues :wink: It begins in the mind. I want to start now, not tomorrow. No more excuses. I will exercise daily and keep to 1200 calories per day. I'm looking forward to being apart of this group. I hope I will be an encouragement on this journey we have decided to venture into.
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg, my name is Misty. My goal weight is 160-165. I am weighing in today at 194.6. Looks like we have similar goals.
  • ElizabethLamadore
    Options
    Hi All!

My name is Liz, just a quick intro. I am recently married, my husband is military which causes some quick meals to be made which have been not so healthy lately. In the last year or so I have gained more than I wished! My goal is to contact with some of you wonderful ladies and get the motivation as well as provide some for others. My goal is to loose about 25 lbs and keep it off!
  • penelope76
    penelope76 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi ! My name is Penni and I live in Fort Worth Texas and I am 36 will be 37 in a couple months,I have no kids to to my weight and PCOS. My goal is to lose this weight and hopefully become a mommy by my 38th birthday .
  • penelope76
    Options
    Can someone please tell me how I can go back and reset my calorie goal thing ? Thanks!
  • roller66
    roller66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Carol. I live in Camrose, Alberta. I am 46 and set my goal in late March to lose 100 lbs. I have lost 23 so far. I want to be at my goal weight by March, 2014.
  • laurenmcallister
    laurenmcallister Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

My name is Lauren and I live in Ottawa, Ontario. I am 5'8.5" and ~150 lbs (been on vacation for 2 weeks so not sure of exact number until tomorrow morning) and would like to ultimately be 130. My first goal that I will be hitting hard is 142 for Aug 10, for a big party I'll be attending with my bf.
  • mockinbird55
    Options
    Hey girls! I'm Lina and as far as I can see, most of us have similar issue keeping us from being slim, i.e. our significant others. They are men, they have to eat, and they love it. And which is even more depressing - they are not gaining lbs as we are. So let's stick together and support each other in our desire to become slim without stress. Cause I feel stress when he is eating next to me while I can't, dunno abt you though :) I'm abt 168-170 now and my goal is 150lb, which was so real only a year ago. Nice to meet y'all:) I started using this tool like a week ago, have been tracking my food trying to keep within 1200, and exercising every (well, every other) day.
  • tammi_t
    tammi_t Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi folks,

My name is Tammi and I'm truly aiming to lose weight and stay healthy this go round. Rather than try for some unrealistic goal in a very short period of time, I hope to continually lose weight over time...and keep it off.

I've lost weight in the past, but I swear now that I'm over 40, it's seems so hard. I've had some major life changes over the past year including marriage, moving, losing my father and leaving everything I've ever known behind. Life has been topsy turvy for me and it's been very difficult focusing on losing weight while adjusting to this new life.

I will try my best to stay motivated and keep everyone motivated at the same time. It would be a beautiful thing to post some "after" pixs that show my success.

I wish everyone the very best as we proceed on this journey together!!

T
  • greensgirl
    greensgirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Lisa and I am 43 years old. I lost 45 pounds 6 years ago with Weight Watchers and walking every morning. I have since gained it back plus ten. This January I started re-organizing my life to spend more time working on getting healthy. A week into cutting back on commitments, I ended up in the hospital for 8 days with a ruptured appendix, partial colon removal, and reorganization of my intestines (congenital birth defect). Now that I've had time to recover from that, I really want to work on getting in good physical shape and losing this extra weight. I've been working at it for 4 weeks now and physically have been improving a lot. We hiked over 10 miles July 4, and are backpacking 2 more times in the next two weeks. Unfortunately, I've been struggling to lose and so I'm working on tweaking my food, making sure I log everything now. I am looking forward to the extra support on here. I started at 203 and would like to end up at 145. :smile:
  • agonzalez1112
    Options
    Hi Misty. I understand completely. It is so hard to lose weight when others in your home eat things that you shouldn't be. I know that if I was single, this wouldn't be a problem. But since I am not willing to give up my husband and son, I've got to be more strict with myself. Best wishes on the weight loss. After my initial post, I went and walked 4 miles. I admit that I ache, but it was worth it. Now it's time for the Advil. :-)
  • Nicky040210
    Nicky040210 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi im nicole from Brooklyn, NY. Im 22 & weigh 190lbs. Im looking forward to talking to new females who are just like mee im wanting to lose weigh and keep it off! It always helps to know we are all im this together. Good luck everyone. We can do it!
  • agonzalez1112
    Options
    Can someone please tell me how I can go back and reset my calorie goal thing ? Thanks!

Click on "Settings" at the top and then update your diet/fitness profile. The calories are computed from that, as far as I can tell.
  • msjohnson13
    msjohnson13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I've tried losing weight solo, but is not working out. I usually do the duo workouts with my husband but his schedules are not routine like mine and so I fall off the work out schedule and have a hard time getting back into it. I have 3 kids and have been working to get more active for my kids. The sluggish days and weekends find us more indoors than outside. I think I eat healthy or atleast try: :happy: My goal is to lose 30 pounds..seemed easy enough, but isn't working out. I'm at 167 and would like to be atleast 145 the end of this year..sooner, but if I lose inches, I will be just as happy.

Since I am losing my work out partner (husband) for a couple months, I could use some support and encouragement. How will this work?
  • penelope76
    Options
    Oh ok thank you !
  • agonzalez1112
    Options
    Hello
    I've tried losing weight solo, but is not working out. I usually do the duo workouts with my husband but his schedules are not routine like mine and so I fall off the work out schedule and have a hard time getting back into it. I have 3 kids and have been working to get more active for my kids. The sluggish days and weekends find us more indoors than outside. I think I eat healthy or atleast try: :happy: My goal is to lose 30 pounds..seemed easy enough, but isn't working out. I'm at 167 and would like to be atleast 145 the end of this year..sooner, but if I lose inches, I will be just as happy.

Since I am losing my work out partner (husband) for a couple months, I could use some support and encouragement. How will this work?

You didn't list your name or where you live, but maybe you can find another workout partner through here. If nothing else, you will get encouragement.
  • Amyzeppy
    Amyzeppy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello All, my name is Amy and I live in Buffalo, NY, I'm 43 and weigh 166, would like to get down to 145 or so. I usually run but haven't been lately as I have 2 boys who keep us busy running them around to all their sports games/practices. Summer seems to be even crazier and it is in the 90's so I may have to start running in the morning, I try to do it during my lunch hour usually. MFP has been helpful but I really just need to eat healthier and exercise, it really is that simple but so hard at the same time!! These challenges do help and keep you accountable! Good luck everyone!