Which workout has shown you results ?

Options
Ok ladies so i have a few workouts that I'm considering.

*p90x
*insanity
*30 day shred
*T25

I'm not sure which to try . I was given all of these for free so I have a lot to chose from but want to know your opininons on the best one. Thanks! And remember the last day to sign up for the challenge is friday the 19th!

Replies

• Dee_Denmark
    Dee_Denmark Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I run for fitness and have the 30 day shred and insanity is quite possibly the most difficult physical thing that I've ever done in my life. You burn a significant amount of calories in about 40 minutes and it gives you muscles where you probably didnt even know you had muscles. :)

Also, if you can combine it with some occasional weight lifting/family walks, even better!

GOOD LUCK!
  • daaimah123
    daaimah123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Agreed with djcgriffin

Im doing insanity with my own strength training and seeing crazy good results! U have always eaten healthy and never exercised until now so its melting off...i always try to throw in 15-30 minutes of other cardio in as well (high knees, jumping jacks, mile run...etc) but those are done in three minute increments throughout the day... besides daily walk
  • pinkdreams13
    pinkdreams13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have insanity and have had it for almost a year now. I am terrified of it. I am going to give myself another month or so and I am going to put it to work.....or should I say let it put me to work. I can't afford to be part of a gym right now so I workout at home. I have been using workouts that I found on youtube uploaded by fitnessblender. They have hundreds of full length exercises that seem to be hitting me in spots that I forgot were there....lol. I like to do zumba too.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Ive lost over 100 pounds in less than a year... Ive tried Insanity, 30day shred & others... they all have their benefits but nothing has changed my body more than just plain ol weight lifting....
    I recommend a starting program like "stronglifts" which is a 3 times a week workout... if you'd like, you can still do a lil cardio on 2 other days but your body will need 2 days a week of nothing but rest
  • daaimah123
    daaimah123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    waist getting smaller, stomach not...tips ladies...how to make calfs smaller as well?
  • scubar17
    scubar17 Posts: 43
    Options

*p90x
    *insanity
    *30 day shred
    *T25

I'm not sure which to try . I was given all of these for free so I have a lot to chose from but want to know your opininons on the best one. Thanks! And remember the last day to sign up for the challenge is friday the 19th!

WOW! You got all those for free???!!! Lucky you! I attempted INSANITY but it was too hard on my knees so I incorporated it into my Brazil Butt Lift and Hip Hop Abs program. I'll be finishing up my 60 days on Thursday and then starting Chalean Extreme at the end of the month.

I think weightlifting is the best for really shaping your body into the figure you want, but pick any program, and if you're consistent and stick with it (and clean up your diet) you WILL see results.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options

*p90x
    *insanity
    *30 day shred
    *T25

WOW! You got all those for free???!!! Lucky you! I attempted INSANITY but it was too hard on my knees so I incorporated it into my Brazil Butt Lift and Hip Hop Abs program. I'll be finishing up my 60 days on Thursday and then starting Chalean Extreme at the end of the month.

I think weightlifting is the best for really shaping your body into the figure you want, but pick any program, and if you're consistent and stick with it (and clean up your diet) you WILL see results.

I agree that incorporating weight training into your workouts is super beneficial and will give you a very defined look. I'm doing Insanity and it's intense, and you have to make sure you have great form or else you are bound to get injured (Several posts on mfp about knee and back injuries). The workouts are usually ~40 min long. T25 is shorter, but much more intense, supposedly. I've. Tried 30DS before and it was a good workout, but I prefer Insanity over it. In only 2 weeks, I feel my body changing for the best.

I used to be a runner, and lost a significant amount of weight by running outdoors. I would highly suggest that! If you are more comfortable on a treadmill, try doing speed intervals. I would do 6.0-7.0 sprint for a min., and rest for 30sec.

Whichever option(s) you choose, stick with it and incorporate a workout that you like.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried T25, I would like to though - wish I knew someone who owned it so I could try it out before investing in it.

I did Insanity and I'm debating another round. I loved it, it was the most challenging program I ever did but after a while I missed the gym. Insanity didn't make a difference in the scale, I gained the first week and what I gained didn't come off until the last week but I got stronger, gained endurance, lost inches and when down a dress size.
  • trwilson17
    trwilson17 Posts: 38
    Options
    I wish I could do all of those crazy workouts. Unfortunately, I have RA and I can't put that much stress on my kness or back :sad: I have to do things like walk away the pounds, treadmill or some zumba routines. I have loss over 20 pounds so far, and I want to keep losing, but I also want to start seeing some definition some freaking where on this body!..lol! Any suggestions...I'm open!
  • scubar17
    scubar17 Posts: 43
    Options
    I wish I could do all of those crazy workouts. Unfortunately, I have RA and I can't put that much stress on my kness or back :sad: I have to do things like walk away the pounds, treadmill or some zumba routines. I have loss over 20 pounds so far, and I want to keep losing, but I also want to start seeing some definition some freaking where on this body!..lol! Any suggestions...I'm open!

The only way you're going to get that definition that you want is to lift weights...heavy ones...not those little 1-3 pounders you see women playing with. Based on research I've done, it's believed that a dietary change and weights could actually help ease your RA symptoms.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried T25, I would like to though - wish I knew someone who owned it so I could try it out before investing in it.

I did Insanity and I'm debating another round. I loved it, it was the most challenging program I ever did but after a while I missed the gym. Insanity didn't make a difference in the scale, I gained the first week and what I gained didn't come off until the last week but I got stronger, gained endurance, lost inches and when down a dress size.
    Yeah, Beachbody programs can be pricey!! I've heard nothing but good things about T25, with one noting that it is a little bit easier than Insanity. I've heard several people say they didn't lose weight (some gained) but lost inches. As long as I continue to get some type of positive result, I'll continue well after the 60 day mark.

Like you, I do miss being in the gym, but really can't afford one at the moment, and it's more convenient to workout at home with me having a 5 month old. I really really miss running outdoors, and as soon as I can get a jogging stroller, I would love to start doing that again.
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,

so excited about this coming Monday!!

I've actually tried Insanity for the full 60 days. I say it works, but for the shape i wanted weights needed to be incorporated, so P90X was better for me.

so far, i have been heavy weight training with a decent healthy diet and some cardio and i've gotten the best results from that
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    waist getting smaller, stomach not...tips ladies...how to make calfs smaller as well?

It's a matter of reducing your overall fat -- you can't spot reduce. I would avoid exercises that use direct weight resistance on your calves, such as calf raises with weights.
  • SoBodyMazing
    SoBodyMazing Posts: 159
    Options
    Black girls workout too, 30 day shred & hip hop abs.
  • MeAt135
    MeAt135 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the 39 day shred and insanity for a couple of days each and I can definitely agree with everyone who's already mentioned how difficult insanity it. The whole work out is a mental push and I was nearly dead during the warm up it say the least. As for the 30 day shred I know that people say they don't lose much weight but lose a lot of inches. The only thing I didn't like about the 30 day shre was that doing the same workout for 10 days can get repetitive. That being said I think that insanity would be more rewarding but that the 30 day shred would be much easier to stick with
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the 39 day shred and insanity for a couple of days each and I can definitely agree with everyone who's already mentioned how difficult insanity it. The whole work out is a mental push and I was nearly dead during the warm up it say the least. As for the 30 day shred I know that people say they don't lose much weight but lose a lot of inches. The only thing I didn't like about the 30 day shre was that doing the same workout for 10 days can get repetitive. That being said I think that insanity would be more rewarding but that the 30 day shred would be much easier to stick with

I can't do programs like Insanity. Too many joint problems. I've never really liked group fitness classes. On the rare occasions I participated, the instructor had moved on to the main part of the program while my body was still warming up. To do video group fitness classes takes even more motivation.
  • PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Zumba can create a really good calorie burn. If I'm really working it hard I can burn about 800 calories in 50 minutes--according to my HRM. I stop and record my pulse between each song (every 3-5 minutes). Before or following my Zumba class I try to do at least 45 minutes of additional cardio. This can get me a daily burn that exceeds 1200 calories. With that said, it requires a lot of nutritional planning to do. If I don't eat right I can't do this workout. I'd mess around a pass out without adequate nutrition.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I don't like to spend too much time working out, so I do lots and lots of circuits. Whether at home or the gym.

I'll pick 5 barbell or dumbbell exercises at the gym or 5-10 exercises to do at home. Circuits 3x a week.

I have had the worst plateau this year. But I switched things just a bit, and it seems to be making a difference with the tape measure at least. Right now my circuit is the following:
    4-5 sets of 6-8 reps (45-60 seconds of rest between):
    overhead press
    bent over rows
    deadlifts
    dumbbell lunges
    woodchops or windmills or waist twists

I am using a weight that I would likely max out at around 8-12.

Before I was doing more reps, less weight. (3 X 12-15 or 20-15-12)

I am experimenting with Tabatas, so I will share results soon!
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Circuit training! I am toning up pretty nicely! And HIIT workouts!
  • monilove78
    monilove78 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm late responding, but I did month one of Insanity summer 2012 and it was TOUGH! I actually did hurt my back, which is part of the reason I did not continue with month 2 (that and the fact that month2 was an 1hr long....I was like bump that crap! LOL!). I would also say I was not as fit as I am now.

I have 30 Day Shred and I have yet to complete it in its entirety. I tend to use it as a workout with other workouts, if that makes sense.

I would also suggest doing Turbo Fire. I LOVED it! The music is great, it's fun, and there is always a person doing the modified moves.

I'm currently doing Focus T25 and I'm still on week 1. It's intense but much shorter than some of the others.