Body revolution or CE?

Options
jaz050465
jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
Has anyone done both? If so, which is better for toning up?

Replies

• giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have used both programs.

It depends on where you are with BF%...are you trying to lose more weight or are you strictly toning?

My thoughts...JMBR is a HIIT program and would be better if you still have over aprox. 10 lbs to lose. The combination of cardio and weights will help lose weight. CLX is a weight training program, and would be better if you have less than aprox. 10 lbs to go. The cardio is not that great, more of a maintenance cardio.

Hope this helps.
  • jenf330
    jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    How much exercise experience do you currently have? I feel like BR is a good place to start for beginners because you'll be using lighter weights and getting a good idea about form. There's a LOT more cardio in BR. But if you've been working out for awhile and already have a good solid understanding, maybe it's time to switch it up and move to the heavy weights.

That being said, I'm about half way through CE and have lost more in this month and a half than I did during the entire BR program. Maybe my metabolism has finally kicked into high gear or maybe my body just responds better to heavy lifting. I do supplement CE with my own cardio on the off days to help make up for what it lacks.

Both are really good programs and I'd absolutely recommend either one!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Thanks. I keep starting both and then changing my mind. I suppose I need to just make a decision and then stick with it.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've been going thru the same situation, doubting my decision, analyzing my decision to death. A thought...start with JMBR, with this program it kinda introduces you to weights then move to CLX...but you're right, pick one and stick with it. Good luck!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I've been going thru the same situation, doubting my decision, analyzing my decision to death. A thought...start with JMBR, with this program it kinda introduces you to weights then move to CLX...but you're right, pick one and stick with it. Good luck!

Think in going to go,with BR first to get rid of more fat and then do CE

Thanks for everyone's help.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I've only done CE, but I have done the 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 with Jillian. I have to say that chalean just has a really nice way about her and explains things so well. I just love CE and love how it's taught me how to lift heavy. Whatever you decide, commit and see it all the way through. You will feel great after. I'm sure there are benefits to both.
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options

I started MFP last fall and did JMBR. I had not been exercising and had a lot to lose. JMBR was the perfect program to me to get me into a routine of working out 6 days a week for 1/2 hour a day. I did Kickstart and added extra workouts along the way. I had great results.

When I finished I started CLX. It was the holidays and I went on a cruise... so my results were not as great as they should have been... but I did like the 'lifting heavy'.

I am maintaining weight now (not being good about diet, its summer) but I just redid the last two phases of JMBR and am now doing Lean for Life (the maintenance plan for CLX.) I really think these two programs marry well together. They incorporate a lot of the same exercises at different weights. JMBR is a lot more cardio and FASTer paced. CLX is more about form and progression. I feel like your plan of doing JMBR and then following up with CLX is a great plan!

Added benefit of JMBR... better eye candy! (Kenta and Ken, hello!)

Here's my blog with my results of both... (WARNING graphic pictures of belly fat and back fat! :)http://gatzs.blogspot.com/

Good luck and keep us posted!
  • jaz050465
    Options

I started MFP last fall and did JMBR. I had not been exercising and had a lot to lose. JMBR was the perfect program to me to get me into a routine of working out 6 days a week for 1/2 hour a day. I did Kickstart and added extra workouts along the way. I had great results.

When I finished I started CLX. It was the holidays and I went on a cruise... so my results were not as great as they should have been... but I did like the 'lifting heavy'.

I am maintaining weight now (not being good about diet, its summer) but I just redid the last two phases of JMBR and am now doing Lean for Life (the maintenance plan for CLX.) I really think these two programs marry well together. They incorporate a lot of the same exercises at different weights. JMBR is a lot more cardio and FASTer paced. CLX is more about form and progression. I feel like your plan of doing JMBR and then following up with CLX is a great plan!

Added benefit of JMBR... better eye candy! (Kenta and Ken, hello!)

Here's my blog with my results of both... (WARNING graphic pictures of belly fat and back fat! :)http://gatzs.blogspot.com/

Good luck and keep us posted!

Great- thanks very much. My most hated part of my body is back fat too. How tall are you. 140 is my goal at the moment too.

It's hot here in the UK- not as hit as some parts of the world I know but we're not used to it and very few of us ave air conditioning at home. But king to start BR tonight. Wish me luck.
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    How tall are you.
    I am 5'7" and now hovering over 140. I enjoy the weekends too much and wind up making up for my weekends all week :)

Keep us posted on how you like the program. The one great part of JMBR was my MFP friends doing it at the same time. We checked in with each other and cheered and ranted about the workouts. It was fun to sort of do it together. they kept me going.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    How tall are you.
    I am 5'7" and now hovering over 140. I enjoy the weekends too much and wind up making up for my weekends all week :)

Keep us posted on how you like the program. The one great part of JMBR was my MFP friends doing it at the same time. We checked in with each other and cheered and ranted about the workouts. It was fun to sort of do it together. they kept me going.

I'm 5ft 7 too. I'm 47 and worried that I might do my knees in if I push it too hard. Going to do cardio 1 today.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I didn't do BR but I did 2 rounds of 30DS and I'd suggest CLX. I"ve had the best results with that and like Chalene > Jillian..butttt Jill kinda gets on my nerves after a while lol.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Thanks. Decided to do modification of BR. Thanks for every bodies posts.
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I actually don't have an answer for the question but wanted to say thank you for asking it. I am done with JMBR and was looking into CE but want absolutely no hiit. I want to lift and run. I think this thread has me on the path to do CE.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I did the kickstart and the first phase of BR. I just didn't like it. I want to like Jillian for her results, but her attitude just turned me off. Plus I found it was really hard on my knees, and I don't even have problems with my knees normally. I started C25K at the same times as the kickstart.

I ditched BR after completing phase one and moved right into CLX. I'm in the 2nd week of Lean right now, and I love it. Chalene's attitude just makes me feel better during the workout. I feel motivated and positive, whereas Jillian just made me feel like I sucked. Anyhow, I really like the program. I really don't like cardio, so the weights are more my thing. I still run on the opposite days (I don't do the CLX cardio, only the circuits). When I finish the program in 2 weeks, I'm either starting it over or moving on to more of a free weights routine like SL or NROLFW.

I don't have my exact measurements, but I can tell you in the first 2 months of CLX I lost about 10 pounds and many inches. Plus my arms are looking more defined and my midsection definitely looks leaner.