** IMPORTANT ** PLEASE READ!

Options
a_new_dawn
a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
OK, it's been suggested that a merge of groups would be beneficial as another one here on MFP is slightly more active than this one. Unfortunately, an actual "merge" cannot be offered by the site at present, so i wanted to know your opinions on members moving to the other group and closing this one down? I believe many of you are already members, which is good!

Here is the link for the other group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2883-jillian-michaels-body-revolution

I won't lie, i'm a little sad to see the group go, i have worked quite hard to provide a wide range of topics and keep the weekly thread going, but a group needs more participation by members in order for it to be a useful tool - we still only seem to have a handful of regular posters. If making one "super-group" means it gives members added motivation then i think it's the best thing to do.

If you could let me know your thoughts...

then if everyone is "for" the changes i will announce a final date when the group with be deleted. Thankyou.

Replies

• giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to contact the group moderator of the other board and ask if we could "tag" the same topics that you created here because I think they are very informative.

I also like the topics that your started for the different phases, etc.

I'm a member of both and try to use both sites but I enjoy the topics here...

Guess I'm not help, lol, but merging is a good idea.
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hello.

I don't think a merge is necessary. A lot of folks in the other group are not very active on MFP. Go take a look at all the red numbers of days not signed in.

Can we have a vote of how many people want the merge to happen? If it is just one person's request, it sounds like quite a lot of work. If it is the majority that want it merged then so be it.

I would also hate for Dawn's group to go, she put a lot of effort into this group.
  • JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    No preference, but if we joined the other group, there would at least be more ppl and dialogue even though there are more inactive members
  • Tonia184
    Tonia184 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group and haven't posted anything yet. However my vote is against a merger.
  • gfit123
    gfit123 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If we merge, would we lose past posts?