I too am back home

Options
kvandeman
kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
Had surgery yesterday and everything went smoothly. Had the RNY and I feel great, Some soreness but the Hydrocodone is taking care of that. The hardest thing has been not picking up my two year old. I was showing my incisions to my mother and little D was there and she starting crying, Poor thing doesn't know what is going on. Any I am ready for my new life to begin.

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Very glad to hear that your surgery went well! I imagine it has to be very hard on your little one, and on you, but this time of healing passes quickly. Congrats on your new life, your new journey. I have never regretted my choice for one minute.
  • Daisyboohoo
    Daisyboohoo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    All of the best with your NEW life!
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are home and feeling well.
  • sue100194
    sue100194 Posts: 129
    Options
    Very glad to hear it all went well.
  • happpyhappyjoyjoy
    happpyhappyjoyjoy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So happy you're all done and on the mend. :flowerforyou: After all these years (11) I still have no regrets getting my RNY. I still get kinda misty about it.
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.

I am becoming well acquainted with my reclining sofa. I can't lay flat on my back. In part because I felt that my breathing was really shallow and the other because it was damn near impossible to get back up again. I was in tears when I told my husband that he was sleeping alone for the next few days at least. Other than that the pain is there but it is also more manageable.
  • steffyp01
    steffyp01 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. This part will pass quickly. I am sleeping with lots of pillows to be propped up.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I'm glad everyone is doing well. My recliner was my best friend for the first week after surgery. But get up and walk often, even if it's a short distance. Try to go a little farther, a little more often, each day. It may tire you, but it will be worth it.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    WALK WALK WALK!

I lived in my recliner for a week and I found the only thing that helped the gas pain --- they pump your abdomen full of air so they can have a better work space and mine settled in my shoulder! --- was walking. I walked at a snail's pace and it took all day and I was exhausted with a few laps around my house but it helped. Take your water, sip sip sip and walk as much as you can. This is a momentous day you'll never regret :smile: