AB INTERVAL THOUGHTS???

Options
lexlyn14
lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
I completed my 4th day of T25...I did AB INTERVALS today...I found myself modifiying almost every move...I have a very weak left wrist which makes it hard for me to do planks...pushups etc...I did not burn a lot of calories with ab intervals as it is more toning than cardio...
Still like cardio best...What did you guys think of it???

Replies

• BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    IMHO this workout was a little rushed. I was trying to finish my floor routine when bam get up. I have one herniated and 2 bulging discs floor work is painful for me. Next time I might try the modifiers but if you notice Tania didn't get much camera time on this one. With cool down it was 29 minutes and I burned 170 cals per HRM.
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It was hard, but I felt rushed too. And only a 180 calorie burn!!! I'm hoping I feel it tomorrow more than I do right now...I carry most of my extra weight in my core, so hopefully this ab interval will help strengthen that flabby area!
  • lexlyn14
    Options
    I definately felt rushed too...It was hard to go from floor exercise to standing up cardio in time...And I wish Tania would always be seen...I only burned 110 calories...
  • adiannen83
    adiannen83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ditto...it was hard to pop up, but I'm sure that will get easier. My core is my weakest area so I knew I was going to struggle. I loved the challenge of it though.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I loved it! I was soaked 25 min of abs really did it for me! As for my favorite, I love the bonus DVD core speed! (I was doing this until a Monday happened (4 days) so I could start the challenge)
  • jnninn
    jnninn Posts: 34
    Options
    It felt rushed to me too and I also agree about Tania. I really would have liked to have seen her a lot more on this one. I wish they would do something like a bonus view with her modifying throughout the workout. I did alot of pausing on this dvd, so I could get into position. My abs are sore today, so I am sure I got some kind of workout.
  • lexlyn14
    Options
    I totally agree they should have tania always shown maybe in a little box off to the side...But my abs do feel sore today...I am off to do Lower Focus now...Wish me luck!!!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,340 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone...too quick on the up and down, and not enough of Tania. Made up my own modified steps on a few of the exercises. Hard to have my hands forward on the 'V's'! Next time will be easier. Was all ready to do Lower Focus but the DVD player jammed...must wait for the DVD repairman (my sweet SO) to get home from work. Hoping to get the workout done this evening.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Chris
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i agree - i also have weak wrists so planks can be tough for me, so i modify or will give my wrists a break if i feel they need it. though i definitely was sweating throughout the entire work out, and i know i was feeling it - but my caloric burn from this workout wasn't that intense either. it was around 150 for me. so i stacked another t25 workout on top of it. i will say, i did burn many more calories in the jillian michaels 6 week 6 pack workout 2 than i did in the ab interval work out from f25. though i think the workout is a bit longer.
  • KristaHuyer
    Options
    Im hoping that with us burning less calories then we are used too, that we will still see results because we are doing so much toning. Thats also why the nutrition is ABSOLUTELY crucial. Its short workouts, not burning a heck of a lot, so our food intake has to be the most important thing! :)
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    i love it!!
    i have to modify some because i sprained my left wrist 6 weeks ago, but otherwise i think it's a great ab work out!

i was sore in my abs for THREE days after I did it the first time. i LOVE that!
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Doing Ab Intervals even modified is a great core workout. I feel it the next day or so. I think it's the ab workout of any program I've done. Do the best you can and forget the rest. I know Tania doesn't get much camera time in this workout, but just do what you can.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,340 Member
    Options
    Did Ab Intervals today. Better but not great. I'm getting there.
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Ab Intervals is tough. I'm going into my last week of the Alpha Phase and am still modifying some of the moves. Good job and you will get stronger.:smile:
  • jnninn
    jnninn Posts: 34
    Options
    I struggle with this one too. Its really hard for me. I do alot of the mods. My stomach is flatter so its working.