NY State Breweries

Options
capnrus789
capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
I'm making a road trip in June, way up to the Lake Placid area. Anyone out there know of some good places to stop in NY? The closer to I-90 and I-87 (Albany and north), the better.

I'm pretty sure I'll be heading to Ommegang on the way back. Should be fun.

Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest Southern Tier in Lakewood but it might be too far distance wise.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Utica is along I-90, and that is where Saranac is located, but that is roughly an hour west of Albany, a little further than ommegang.
  • capnrus789
    Options
    I'm driving from Chicago, so Southern Tier might work just fine. And Matt, too. So many choices, what a rough decision.:tongue:
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like Ithaca a lot better than FX Matt (Saranac, multitude other brands). You're probably aware but there is a Lake Placid brewery. I didnt think their beers were that great but the brewpub was an enjoyable experience and the beers were decent enough.
  • capnrus789
    Options
    I'm back from my trip! 91bottles and 16 cans later..... my wife wasn't impressed. Here's my haul:

2 12-pks of Yeungling
    2 4-pks of Yeungling Tallboy cans
    1 12-pk Lake Placed Brewery Sampler
    1 12-pk Saranac Sampler
    1 12-pk Blue Point Brewing Sampler
    1 6-pk CB Brewing MacBubba Scotch Ale
    1 12-pk Butternuts Brewing Sampler (cans)
    1 case and 1 bottle from Erie Brewing Co., Erie, PA (9 Railbender Ale, 9 Ol' Red Cease and Desist Red Ale, 6-Misery Bay IPA's, and 1 Golden Fleece Maibock)

I won't need to buy for the rest of the summer.
  • deadwax
    deadwax Posts: 27
    Options
    nice haul! but you missed Southern Tier in the end? I love their beers.
  • capnrus789
    Options
    I can get Southern Tier here in Chicagoland, so I didn't bother. I only wanted to get stuff I simply cannot get around here.