low carb success stories

Options
What are your low carb success stories? I posted a topic on here "42 lbs down" about a friend of mine. It is very inspiring!

Replies

• tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    anyone?
  • bigred01
    bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    After I had my second child. I lost 85 lbs. doing low carb. It was really easy once all the cravings were gone. Every pound I lost, motivated me to keep going. All of my friends and family knew what I ate, so they started trying to help me when I would come over---of course, at first they looked at me like I was crazy---until they start seeing the results. When I lost the 85 lbs., I got pregnant with my third child two weeks later...uggghhh! Good thing I love her...lol. I gained a bunch of weight after a really bad year...I gained 80 lbs in one year because of different health issues. I took care of all of that and have already lost 60 lbs of that weight. I have 20 lbs to go...and that leads me back to low carb. :)
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    HOLY COW! that is awesome and really motivates me to keep on keepin on!
  • INxFOCUSx2013
    INxFOCUSx2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Can you please share a sample menu of what a low carb day would look like or a list of foods that qualify as lowcarb, I would really appreciate it, Thank You.
  • bigred01
    bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Low carb foods include most meats, cheeses, eggs, green leafy vegetables, several other vegetables(read nutrition information) nuts, some fruit (mainly your berries and cantaloupe). The best thing to do if you want to go low carb is start reading labels. Fiber and sugar alcohol can be deducted from the total carbs because it does not affect blood sugar levels. At first you have to be very dedicated to label reading when you are at the grocery store, but then after a while you get used to which foods and brands are the lowest in carbs. There are a lot of websites that have good low carb recipes on them. You want to stay away from refined sugar, potatoes, flour, rice, and pasta. There are a couple kinds of breads that are lower in carbs, but eat it very sparingly. There is a good dreamfield pasta that is lower in carbs and high in fiber if you really want pasta--it is at most grocery stores. There is low carb baking mix online and at some grocery stores or health food stores. Preplanning is the key. Plan out your day/week in advance as much as you can so you don't get stuck with no good choices for food or snacks when you are out.