July 22, 2013

Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
July 22, 2013
limitations-are-90-percent-mental-timetokickbuts-share-a-luv-kick-ray-zahab-cafepress.jpg

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Today was a busy day, with 3 - 4 castings for my son. Luckily they were at only 2 agencies in the same neighborhood. Thanks to MIL still being here, I didn't have to take the lil girl. We got several increments of walking done between the bus stops and the castings and walking home from having lunch downtown. Better than nothing. Similar day scheduled for tomorrow, except to only one location, but I'll be tot-carrying tomorrow, as MIL will be flying home.

Small NSV: while waiting at the 2nd casting, a man and I chatted for about 20 minutes and he eventually asked me if I worked out. As I didn't quite understand his question at first (I thought he asked if I work), I didn't give much of an answer, but when he mentioned my "physique" and asked if I was an athlete, perhaps played basketball or if it was just "natural", I finally understood and just added that I tried to work out to lose weight I gained with my daughter. He was very nice to say, "Well whatever it is, it is working." :-) I must say, I was "blindsided" by his question...I couldn't even imagine being asked in that regard, so I just assumed he was asking something else. Seeing as how I've been "in a holding pattern" for over a month (not ~really~ working out since that first heatwave & my son finished school, then also my MIL's arrival, all while STILL eating like a fiend to try to maintain my metabolism! ), it was very, VERY unexpected and very nice to know I'm not "losing" all my fitness gains in these weeks.

Hope you are all having a great Monday!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    My last day off till weekend. It was perfect timing for me to have a 4 day break. I feel like I am totally over sickness finally! yeah!

Swam last night. Its our hot weather time for us thats mid 90's high I wait till sun goes behind mountain to swim at 6:30pm I love that time of day because you can still see sun on other mountains and its warm but not blaring on me.

So I will probably do the same today. I thought about doing mini hike but don't want to overdo and have housework today. We belong to a travel club and have people staying with us Thursday and Friday.

Have a good week peeps!
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Sherry :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: .....what a fantastic compliment you received!!! You had to be looking amazingly fit!! You go girl!!:bigsmile:

Marla - I know you are very happy about not feeling sick. Enjoy your fitness routines and the upcoming weekend sounds like some good fun.

My exercise recap today:
    Mon – Week4/Day1 of TUFF heavy lifting completed in approximately 50 minutes. On some exercises I was having to decrease reps below 12 by the third sets. There was muscle fatigue happening even with a 60 second rest between sets. I used offsetting DB weight for the Bicep Curl and Alternating Cobra Prone on Exercise Ball. Offsetting is when you have more weight on one end than the other. For the Curl the heaviest plates were facing outside for the first two sets performed and then I turned the heaviest plates inward on the third set performed and boy did I FEEL the weight! All in all this was a very good session this morning. I filled up on a chocolate whey protein smoothie with added banana and strawberry slices…yummm.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hey MFP's...I'm getting back to it...thus is just a check in and I will give you the run down later... :-)
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you, Toni.:happy: