Official weighin/check in- How often?

Options
I was just wondering how often does everyone have "official" weigh in /check in day? I get on scale everyday in morning( sometimes at night) but I havent officially recorded a weigh in since 6/30/13 -I plan on waiting a month and then doing a check in with measurements /weight etc. Thanks. tammy

Replies

• btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself either on Sunday or Monday morning. That seems to work for me.
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. I try to do it at roughly the same time of day. If I weighed every day, I think I'd get discouraged by all the fluctuations.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily to keep myself accountable.
    Friday is my official day, and I record on this site.
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I weigh in officially once a week but cannot get out of the habit of having a peak every morning! Its bad I know cos its up an down like a yoyo. Thankfully there is no scale here on vacation!

I take my measurements once a month too which is actually a much more accurate reflection on what I am doing.

Mandy x
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Options
    Thanks! The fluctuations can be crazy - LOL thats why I do not record but still makes me feel accountable perse.... I thought the once a month for measurements would work becuse they would be a more accurate reflection over time.
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the crazy fluctuations. Five pounds diff. in five hours?? Yep! :laugh:

I do an official weigh about once a month. The day before I try not to eat a lot of sodium or eat late in the evening so I'm weighing just me, not as much retained fluid or bulk from a big supper. I don't know if it's true, but I believe I get more accurate results doing it this way.
  • mustang6411
    mustang6411 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    For me, weigh in was once a week. At this point I am even frustrated with that, cause of the fluctuation. So I have decided I am not going to weight myself for 2 weeks.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself most mornings as soon as I get up. I don't record a new lower weight unless I can stay at or under for 2 days in a row.
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Officially every Wednesday but I do step on the scale every morning, which sometimes makes me crazy. I also measure the first of every month.
  • Wjmu7
    Wjmu7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh officially every Monday to keep me accountable on the weekend. I pay myself a dollar if I stay the same, and $2 if I gain. I save the money and then I am going to give it away to my daughter or to charity at the end of the year. I HATE parting with $$$. This has helped me more than anything, but I wouldn't wait a month if I were you because after a year or so, you can look back and it shows a graph of your weekly loss for the year.
  • udamom
    udamom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I only weight about every 2 weeks or so. I get too crazy watching the fluctuations if I weight too often. I pretty much only weigh if I have been good for 4-5 days in a row with plenty of exercise.
  • westarnld
    westarnld Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh officially on Mondays otherwise I can go crazy on the weekends. I try to avoid weighing myself during the week because I get discouraged with the fluctuations---if it goes up any amount, I get down, but if it goes down I get motivated. I think staying with 1 time per week works better for me.
  • AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, and record my weight in the 'libra' app for android phone.
    This app calculates a 'weighed average' of your records of the last week. So even when your weight has gone up, the line connecting those daily averages will go down.
    This app has been the most motivating tool in my weight-loss journey.

Before, I weighed no more than once in a week... but then it might be tempting to 'cheat' on the day following a weigh-in day. Or - which was even worse - I couldn't resist the temptation for a few days in a row (telling myself I had the rest of the week to correct the slip...), but of course that didn't happen, and at the end of the week I might decide that I would skip that week's weigh-in, and there I went, off the slippery slope.

With the libra app, even when my weight goes up occasionally, the 'average' line still goes down, and just a temporary slip (or just water-withholding after a few overly salted snacks) isn't so discouraging anymore.

I have slowly but steadily gained weight from my 16th till my 46th birthday... and lost all that weight since I started logging daily with that app.
  • grannysmith54
    grannysmith54 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering how often does everyone have "official" weigh in /check in day? I get on scale everyday in morning( sometimes at night) but I havent officially recorded a weigh in since 6/30/13 -I plan on waiting a month and then doing a check in with measurements /weight etc. Thanks. tammy
    I weigh in once a week, my day is Saturday moring.