Does anyone double up strength and cardio on the same day?

Options
I am on week 3 of the program and have been doing the strength dvd followed by the cardio dvd every night. On the days that are just cardio days I do the cardio dvd twice. I was just wondering if anyone else does this? Does it get harder to do this the further into the program you get?

Replies

• yvonnen83
    yvonnen83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi yep i've started week 4 today and have been doing this since the beginning. I do them back to back on the wknd but on weekdays one in am and one in pm.

I don't know if it's doing more harm then good but will find out next week when i weigh, measure and take pics!

But i can say i feel great and feel i have more energy and endurance during the workouts because of it :)
  • izraa18
    izraa18 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    yup I did that during the first phase. Phase 2 I did cardio1 & 2 back to back half of the time. phase 3 ughhhh I BARELY can complete the whole workout.

( excuse my language, English is my second one)
  • BAB1971
    BAB1971 Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes! I am on Week 2 and have been doing Workout 1 or 2/AM and Cardio 1/PM.
    I feel stronger every day. How is it going for you?
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I was thinking on certain days I would do this, because 30 minutes at my age, sometimes isn't enough. I don't know if it's better to do cardio with another of her DVD's or maybe just a walk/jog, but I know my body and will hopefully be able to adjust things accordingly.

I know in another exercise DVD (Power 90 or Px90?) the trainer discouraged it, but I know that is because they want you to be able to say you did it with JUST their DVD....I say, however the weight comes off, the muscles are toned, is the best thing. : )
  • annie_e12
    annie_e12 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I say, however the weight comes off, the muscles are toned, is the best thing. : )

I totally agree! For me, 30 minutes is just not enough to see much results.
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I did the 2-a-days for the Kickstart week, but now I'm doing my own cardio in the afternoons/evenings. I do my JMBR video in the morning, and then I do c25k 3x a week, bike >10 miles 3x a week, and just go for a nice walk on my rest day (7th day). I say if your body can handle it, and you have the time and want to do it, go for it!
  • queenzadia
    queenzadia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my last week of phase one and I have been doing strength and cardio on the same day since I started! On the cardio day I do C25K along with it. I plan on doubling up throughout the program (fingers crossed)!!
  • fearlesskcl
    fearlesskcl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I only double up on weeks when I know that its going to be hard to fit in all my workouts because of social or work commitments.
    But even with that said I would only double up max twice a week. I definitely would not do it every day. I personally have dealt with too many workout related injuries to push myself past what the program asks for!

Also I think doubling up may get too hard when you get to the harder workouts! Cardio 2 is much harder than Cardio 1 and the strength workouts move to a whole new level!

Good luck with the rest of the program!
  • ronnyofdawn
    ronnyofdawn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I double it up now, but I am only day 3. For Phase 1 it is pretty manageable, but i don't know if i'll do it for phase 2 and on.