Today is my surgery day

Options
rubisliprz
rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
Hi All,
Thanks to many of you who have been informative and supportive through your many posts. I haven't talked much but I have been learning. Today I go in for bypass, leave the house in a few mins. I'm very excited and ready. See you in a few days!

Replies

• Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! :smile:
  • steffyp01
    steffyp01 Posts: 34
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good luck - the journey is amazing.
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Good luck, congratulations, and hope all goes well for you!!! Will be waiting to hear how it all went and how you do as time progresses!!
  • Daisyboohoo
    Daisyboohoo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Very exciting!!!

Keep us posted!
  • MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hope everything went well! Prayers your way!
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hope all went well!
  • rubisliprz
    Options
    Thank you for all your well wishes. Got home yesterday evening and enjoyed my first day home today. Definitely will be a trick to get in enough protein and water, but off to a good start. Even got a decent walk in. I sure enjoyed seeing my garden and sitting on my deck instead of looking out of the hospital window!
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Walking helps so much. Stay hydrated, sip sip sip!
    Walk and let the scale start its slide
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    So glad you are doing well! It is really no joke about the water. I had a heck of a time getting in enough water and ended up dehydrated in the ER after 3 weeks. Please, please focus your efforts on your water. You are not getting any hydration from food right now (except your shakes of course) and you need water to live! I also sucked on a ton of sugar free popcicles - they were 2oz apiece and it forces you to keep at it as they will melt if you don't!

Congratulations on your decision :smile:
  • rubisliprz
    Options
    Much better getting in water and shakes today. And just finished 1.5 mile walk. And its only 5 days since I had the surgery! Feeling pretty good about it all today.