Inroductions

Options

Replies

• 12cjansen
    12cjansen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm joining this group for the first time to get back on track with my eating. Have been on and off MFP and know that if I have a group that I'm accountable too, I tend to stay on track. So here I am! I love to run and do yoga, but need to get back on track with some of my other exercise go to's like spin class, bootcamp and swimming. Good Luck to everyone!
  • ckone4me
    ckone4me Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Susan, I love this challenge and look foreward to being accountable!
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Happily married father of 4 athletic kids. I enjoy being in good shape for my 40's and running around with my kids. I have lost and gained many times, never worried much about it, however just recently saw that exercise wasnt doing it alone. Someone told me diet was 85%, they're right. I joined MFP end of June as I was going into busy travel baseball season, around concession stand food and ice cream stops, I decided I wouldnt add to the downfall.

I have vacation starting Aug 3 and dont want to fall from where I started. I can enjoy vacation, but not get too carried away. Many times I would let post vaca doldrums allow poor vacation eating to continue and I dont want to do that.
  • sjlesh
    sjlesh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm Sandra, 48, and just joined MFP this past week. I live in the Midwest, am married with three kids (23, 20, and 14) and work at home, so I spend most of my time at the computer. This challenge seems like the perfect way to get myself active and help keep me motivated toward my goal of losing 100 lbs. I'm a person who really needs the accountability, and I'm dedicated to being successful with this challenge. Good luck to all!
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Greetings everyone! I am excited to get started and get to know you all better!

I work in Admissions at a University, so for the most part I am sitting at a desk all day. I have been doing well at logging all my food, and I've been doing the 30DS for my exercise. I have a lot of trouble getting to the gym most days because of my schedule, but this 30 minute work out does the trick!
  • luiescott
    luiescott Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined because a friend suggested it, and am hoping I can make it to the end! I am the mom of 5, most of them teenagers/young adults, and am busier now than when they were toddlers! I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism last year, and am still struggling with getting the meds regulated, and fighting for every ounce lost. I love accountability, so am excited about this challenge.
  • NightMagic5
    NightMagic5 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also joining the group. I really like the idea, if you don't follow the rules you're out. I know that will work for me. I retired early so being at home where I can go into my fridge any time is more than a challenge for me. I haven't done too well up to now with the amount of weight I've lost. I know this challenge will speed things up for me.

Good luck to everyone & thanks for this challenge.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    hi all, I'm so excited for this, it's just what I need!
    I've been hovering at the same weight for over 2 yrs now, I want to lose 25lbs, I tend to fall off the wagon a lot, though MFP has been a great motivator.
    I have many goals and this is a way to track everything strictly.
  • moneil25
    moneil25 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi. I made it last month to July 20 and hope to make it to the end this time.
    Knowing that I had to post Yes for exercise Yes for tracking and Yes for staying within calorie budget or be tossed from the challenge really worked for me. My downfall was a party at a friends house, I should have had more of a plan for the night. Hopefully that's a lesson learned.
    Good luck all
    ML
  • hnvigil72487
    hnvigil72487 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm Heather and I sit on my butt all day (bank teller). My husband and I were just discussing going on nightly walks and other activies to get us off the couch. Very excited to be held accountable, I don't want to let myself or anyone else down!
  • Chanelcatsreading
    Chanelcatsreading Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

37 years old, catmother, nerd, voracious reader. I am an English prof and a writer - read, lots of time on butt. I am coming into my second month on MFP and I like the idea of being accountable to a group, especially since I am paranoid about weight fluctuations. Looking forward to tracking and chatting with all of you!
  • CeeFaith1
    CeeFaith1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Chelsea and I am a student. I enjoy challenges like this where we are all held accountable and the rules are simple: :do it or you're out". Looking forward to working with everyone :)
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good morning (or afternoon)

My name is Laura, I am 29, married, no children.
    I work full time at a desk, so getting myself active everyday is a GREAT challenge.
    I plateaued from January through June, and then my husband got into a terrible accident and everything fell by the wayside.
    Now he is doing better and I have admitted to myself that I let myself go and gained back some of what I lost. So, now I need to recommit myself with no bs.
    I am here and I am committing to getting back on track and refocusing.
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I have been lurking trying to decide if this group is for me. I like the idea of someone watching over me. I did it on my own in July to see if I could and guess what I CAN! Historically this would be the month that I would not follow through and lose all the progress that I've made, so I'm hoping this is what I need to continue my healthy lifestyle change.
  • julia_kk
    julia_kk Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Julia and I'm 25, married, with no children. I just moved back to the States after living and working abroad for 18 months, and I'm really feeling the pressure to tone up here in fitness-focused San Francisco. Looking forward to challenging myself to eat clean, lift weights, do Bikram yoga at least once a week, and do some wonderful trail-running in nature. Goals are aesthetic and body fat %.

Great to be here!
  • stayingatgoal
    Options
    Hi i'm june this challenge is just what i have been looking for .
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Karen.
    I'm just about to turn 53 y/o and I've been retired for 7 months.
    I've been overweight my entire adult life except for a brief period in my late 20s.
    I have just under 100 lbs to lose to reach my goal.
    I am determined to rid myself of the extra baggage and I intend to do it as quickly as possible without harming myself.
    My plan is to eat 1200 - 1300 calories per day & walk for 30 - 60 minutes per day. I have a new bike on order and when it arrives, I'll add cycling to my exercise plan.
    My biggest challenge will be to exercise as I'm a lazy person and prefer to sit. :)
    I will track my exercise but only add 1 calorie earned for each session as I don't eat back my calories and I don't like it added to my daily total.

Good Luck to Everyone!
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kristy. I'm 29 years old, single, and have a desk job at a bank. My highest weight was 259, my lowest, 149. I am hovering around 170. I want to get down to 145. At first I read the rules for this challenge, and I was like "Nah, no WAY I can do this." But what do I have to lose besides weight? So I'm going to give it a go. I was also nervous because I'm going away on a mini vacation right in the middle of the challenge, but as per the rules, I can set my calorie goal a little higher during that time. I still plan on exercising during vacation. So good luck to all!
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am very pleased to be part of this group once again. I participated in July but unfortunately did not make it to the end. I am very excited to start once again. I have been following a paleo lifestyle with intermittent fasting for a while and so far it's been working for me.

Good luck to all.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Amy. I'm 49 yrs old and live in NE Florida. I'm excited about this challenge and seeing how far I can actually make it, in it. I hope to complete the entire month! I have lots of weight to lose, so, this is a good place for me to be.
    Amy