Anyone else starting this week?

Options
kad32
kad32 Posts: 3 Member
Hi all
Just wondering if anyone else has just started or about to start the plan?
I'm new to this group. I've just been reading about the diet plan and it sounds hard but hopefully effective. I've been slowly losing weight after having two children but I seem to keep accidentally putting it back on. I have a lovely wedding to attend at the end of August so I'm hoping I'll be looking and feeling good by then!
Be great to have a few new buddies over the next 17 days.
Kate (in New Zealand so may have slight time difference if you're in the USA) : )

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate!

There are a few of us on here, but it's not a super active group - please come and join us though!

I have done cycle 1 several times, and it really does work well. What I always struggle with is the transition into the later cycles and/or a longer term balanced plan - I get impatient, in other words, because the loss slows down in later cycles. That being said, it is a really healthy plan, and if you finish the forst 17 you won't be disappointed with the results!

Good Luck!
    Steph
  • NHmomtotwo
    NHmomtotwo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I am on day 7 today. So far, the diet is keeping me full and easy to follow. I have about 25-30 pounds to lose. I walk daily about 75 minutes and have been sticking to the plan faithfully. Hopefully when I dare to step on the scale I will see results. I am a bit nervous, Wednesday is dinner and a show with the girls. It's going to be difficult to follow the diet when everyone is having cocktails and yummy food. Any suggestions on how to stay somewhat on track? Glad this group is here.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    lemons are on sale this week and it always makes me think of going back. I have been soo preoccupied with family problems that I need to take a break for me and get back on the plan. Glad this small group is still functioning. Will let you know when I get it together.
  • NHmomtotwo
    NHmomtotwo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A yummy recipe I found online.

Slice an apple very thinly and sauté it in Pam and a little bit of water until the apple slices are soft.
    Beat two eggs or egg whites. And add a little vanilla, truvia and cinnamon to the eggs. Mix.
    Then pour the egg mixture over the apples and let set. You can scramble or let set and flip the mixture. Looks much nicer that way.
    Tastes similar to French toast without the bread. Smells really great too while cooking. Nice dessert.

Hope you enjoy.

Diane
  • kad32
    kad32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'm on Day 9 now - it's going pretty well! I had terrible headaches the first three days, which show how addicted to sugar I was! I've only lost 1.5kg but the big plus is that I haven't gained any back yet...I'm hoping if I keep going I'll lose a bit more before the end. Definitely not going to lose 4.5kg though : ( I wonder if you have less to lose that it's harder to lose it - if that makes sense?
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I found this 17DD today and it intrigues me....I want in! I am going to see if I can find the book online and then take it from there. Hopefully I am all set to go on the 1st of Aug. Any one who actively is doing this program and wants to befriend me on this journey please contact me. Cheers :drinker:
  • atgetsfit
    atgetsfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow :))
  • Atgetsfitt
    Options
    I start tomorrow
  • CCH410
    CCH410 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm back to it. I started yesterday and I'm hopeful I can stick with it this time!
  • bellisima6
    bellisima6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Could I do it while nursing? I have a 6 months old baby.
    Thanks
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Could I do it while nursing? I have a 6 months old baby.
    Thanks
    No sure.....I don't think you can though.
  • tinacristina
    tinacristina Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I found this group. Seems like there are a few active people out there doing it and or started here. I really could use the support too. Anyone wants to befriend me here feel free. I really hope I have success on this plan. I like the menu of options and variety of foods.

I have been on ever diet in the world and although successful at losing, I end up gaining it all back too...I'm so done with that and I am not looking for fast results but permanent results. That's why I like this program. It seems to help you get into a healthy grove of food options and yet not starve or feel terribly deprived. Good luck everyone...we can do this!

Round 1:
    C1D1: No weigh in
    C1D2: 178.2

Goal weight: 145 to 155?
    I will know when I get there.
    5' 7"
  • tinacristina
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'm on Day 9 now - it's going pretty well! I had terrible headaches the first three days, which show how addicted to sugar I was! I've only lost 1.5kg but the big plus is that I haven't gained any back yet...I'm hoping if I keep going I'll lose a bit more before the end. Definitely not going to lose 4.5kg though : ( I wonder if you have less to lose that it's harder to lose it - if that makes sense?

If you don't have much to lose it will take longer...the fact that it's going slow is not a bad thing either as I bet it will stick too. I hope you can keep us updated. 9 days is great!!
  • urbanplum
    urbanplum Posts: 188
    Options
    I'm on C1D3 and I've already lost 4.2 pounds. If anyone wants to friend me, feel free!
  • tinacristina
    Options
    Round 1:
    C1D1: No weigh in
    C1D2: 178.2
    C1D3: No weigh in
    C1D4: No weigh in
    C1D4 174.4
  • roliepolieolie
    roliepolieolie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I actually am starting today! :D SO you do have a buddy right here :)