INTRODUCE YOURSELF :)

Options

Replies

• RachelGraceReed83
    RachelGraceReed83 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Rachel, I am 30 and I am from Georgia. I am a mom to two little girls and I work fulltime, so getting my exercise in can be tough. This challenge is just what I need to push myself to do some form of exercise each day.
  • 29diamond
    29diamond Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hi my name is aracely im from los angeles ca. i have 3 kids and im currently at 149 pounds height 5'3 my goal is to be at 125-130 i have a short term goal to lose 10 pounds by august 31 :) so lets see how that goes. im ready for this challenge. good luck to all
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Holly. I live in Southern California. I have two children, ages 10 and 2 (almost) I currently weigh 183.6 and my goal is 165-169. I'm 5'11" so that would be a good weight for me. I work full time at a desk job so I'm really nervous about this challenge but a challenge isn't meant to be easy. I am up for it and I am up for finding out what exercises will give me the highest burn in the shortest amount of time. I only have so much time after work and want to enjoy my children's company before bed.

I used to be really lazy. I rejoined MFP about 7 weeks ago and have since lost 11lbs (my info says over 30lbs b/c I originally joined shortly after having my second child but I didn't really log or do anything. Since rejoining I walk so much now. It realy isn't difficult at all. My kids enjoy being out with me and it is nice.

I can't wait to get to know all of you. Please feel free to friend request me.
  • catbyrd
    catbyrd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Catherine and I live in Liberal, KS. My current weight is 220.6 and my goal weight is 150. I started in November 2012 and have lost 48.6 lbs so far. I am feeling a little unmotivated lately and thus the weight has been coming down slow. I need to get some of my motivation back. My goal for August it to lose at least 6 pounds and tone up.Good luck to everyone:smile:
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Hi, I'm Liza, and I live in Central New York. I am currently at 219 lbs, but want to get down to 145. I'm 5'7", so not that tall like some 5'9" women, but not very short either. I've been on and off the calorie-counting wagon for many times over the past several months, but I've joined a few challenges, so I hope this is what I need to get started for good again.

I'm a student looking to go into physics and engineering (and - don't say anything - living with my parents), so my 'job' isn't exactly physical. But I'm trying to take this summer to really get back into it, for good. Once I lose, like, 20 pounds or something, that will be my inspiration, not wanting to gain that back. But I haven't yet. I will, though, and this group may be just what I need.

I also have two ankle injuries that won't heal, so I can't do very much strenuous exercise, but I can do more light exercise for the same burn! Not as good, I know, but it's what I can do.

I can't wait to get to know you all.

Be warned, not to be sexist, but I don't accept many friend requests from men, so please ask me before you friend me, and don't be offended if I say 'no'. Any woman who has a lot in common with me, feel free to friend me. Please just send a message with it. Thank you!
  • MERJ0
    MERJ0 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, My name is Meg. I am 35 years old and I weigh 180 pounds. I just signed up with MFP yesterday and I am looking to lose 30 pounds in total. I really like how this group has a goal for each week, and I think this will help me reach my long-term goal of 30 pounds. Looking forward to meeting everyone and helping each other to stay motivated!
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

I'm Erica and I'm 22 years old. I'm so exited to start this challenge that I already started yesterday lol! Exercise makes me feel GREAT it's the eating I struggle to get under control. I'm currently 186-187lbs and my first goal is to get down to 175. I think my ultimate goal would be to get down to my lowest adult weight of 165lbs (maybe 169ish) I looked really thin (I'm 5'10 with a larger frame) but I didn't work out like I do now when I was that weight so I'm hoping ill look even more amazing when I get there!

My weight loss goal for August is to reach 180 point something. Even if its 180.9! I'd still be soooo happy. I will also be trying to limit my sweets to one day a week. This is very very very difficult for me because I am ADDICTED to eating sweets and treats. I know that with this challenge an really cracking down on what foods I choose I WILL make my
    Goal for August 31st.

Feel free to friend me :-)
  • pampatip
    pampatip Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey Everyone! My name is Pam and I am 24 years old living in sunny socal (LA to be exact). I joined this group because I have a biggest loser competition with my coworkers and looking for some motivation to WIN the whole thing. I am 4'11" feet tall *hah* currently weighing about 138 lbs.. my goal is to be 100 lbs.. I have a body fat percentage of 33% that I eventually want to cut in half to 15% - 20%! lets do this!
  • Pizazz16
    Pizazz16 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been doing JM's 30 Day Shred this month and entered Level 3 yesterday. I've been working hard, but have only seen a 2 pound weight loss so far. I'm eating clean and healthy and exercising 5 days a week (and sometimes 7), but I'm just not seeing the scale move. I will be taking my measurements again at the end of Level 3 and hope to see some changes there. I think this challenge will be good for me to focus on burning more calories than I consume. It's motivating for me to know each day I am accountable to log in and share my daily success/failure. Wow! 500 calories a day doesn't seem like much, but to a busy mom it can be a bit daunting. I'm here to give it my best shot. It will only profit me in the long run. Kudos to one and all for putting your health first! :smile:
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. My name is Melissa and I have been on MFP for over a year. I recently ended up taking a break due to struggles and changes in my life. I am now getting back into healthy eating and exercising. I have lost about 45lbs total so far and have about 40lbs left to get to my ultimate goal weight. I am hoping that this group will help me stay motivated and on track!

I'm a single mom of two girls and will be going to school full time as of August 19. Up until then, I work full time as a receptionist. I am getting ready for a couple of local 5k's (first one Sep 8). I am looking forward to doing my first race.
  • saranevans
    saranevans Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
    My names Sara I like in West Texas right now. Last weigh in was 214, got about 54 lbs in total left to lose. Hoping this will help that go a bit faster since progress has been slow these past few weeks. I start back to school towards the end of August so hopefully that won't screw up my last week or so of this challenge :p

I'd like to drop quite a bit of my weight by my birthday( Dec. 20th)
  • itsmandible
    itsmandible Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm approaching my last 8 pounds to lose (from there I'm going to decide if I'd like to shoot for another 5-10 so who knows). I'm going to be turning 20 on August 27th, entering my last year of college. I started running back in May and was OBSESSED with it for a while, craving a run, wanting to go out almost every day and remaining motivated as I watched my pace speed go down, and most importantly, the scale go down! I loved the results I started seeing... but the past couple weeks I've been feeling VERY bored with the idea of working out and counting my calories (even though I've been doing it, I've been going over more often than I'd like to) so I'm hoping this will kick my *kitten* back into gear, because lord knows I need it!
  • holib22
    holib22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Hollie and i'm in the UK. I gave birth to my 3rd child on the 5th November 12, just hit my pre pregnancy weight of 156lbs. want to now get down to 130lbs put me in the healthy BMI range.
  • Ready4Change005
    Ready4Change005 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am Heather and I am from Ohio. I currently weigh 165 but I don't look it since I am 5'11. My goal is to be 145 and I want to tone up and feel better about myself.
  • Lemetriab
    Lemetriab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Lemetria. I am 40 years old and I currently am at 180lbs. My goal is to loose 40 to 50lbs. I am single and have a lot of time on my hands to do what ever I would like and most times it is not working out. I love to watch TV shows and read books which both do not require a lot of activity. I looking forward to this challenge as this is my first one on MFP. I definitely need the encouragement for loads of different reasons, so new friends needed.:flowerforyou:
  • mbern1008
    mbern1008 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Michael. About 5 years ago I lost about 100 pounds going from 280 down to about 175 primarily by dieting. At the time I was using SparkPeople to do my online calorie counting. I realized when I started I was consuming between 2500-3000 calories per day. Once I began tracking I dropped to 1200-1500 and the pounds just shed themselves. After the initial loss, a year later I stabilized about 190. Recently I shot back up to 200 so I got myself a Fitbit flex and started using MFP. I really like the way the two services work together. So far I have lost about 8 pounds and I would like to get back down to 175 before our vacation to Cancun in November.
  • trenee35
    trenee35 Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi, I'm Toni from Seattle. I am currently 194 pounds. I am looking to lose fifty pounds. This is my first challenge, and I'm up for it! I am excited to be a part of this group. Good luck everyone!!! Let's do this!
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am from Nashville, TN. I am the proud mother of a little Min Pin named Jasmine.
    I need to lose about 50 pounds...I have lost 10 already and I am need all of the challenges I can to lose the other 40.
    I have another challenge which will begin on August 1st as well. I am a very competitive person so I loved and need to be PUSHed.

Thank you MM for this challenge...Let the challenge begin!

Good Luck everyone
  • nystin
    nystin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! just joined fitnesspal but have been working out for years now but recently put on 10 pounds at the end of the semester, goal is to lose 20 pounds, total, which I am doing 10 pounds at a time.
  • MaggieKillNMaul
    MaggieKillNMaul Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Mia. I am a roller derby girl. I joined MFP a while back in an attempt at getting in better shape for playing the sport I love.

Since starting derby four years ago, I've probably lost between 30 and 40 lbs...about 18 since starting MFP. I've always been heavy and unathletic since I was a kid. My biggest challenge is actually improving my eating habits and learning to exercise regularly. I have about 30 lbs until I hit my goal weight....I'd like to make that happen before the holidays. I've learned to love yoga and running...it's just sticking to a routine that has been tough for me! I am really looking forward to this challenge--I think it will help me with logging and my accountability!