New to Advocare

Options
13»

Replies

• jackiedfuller
    Options
    I'm starting my challenge on Thursday (7/25/13) or as soon as I get my package, and I can't wait!! It's awesome to see how well you all did and I can't wait to see my own results! :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome jackiedfuller! I'm excited for you that you're about to start.

I started my first 24 day challenge on May 2. I'm coming up on 90 days so I'm going to do another one in August. My products for the cleanse phase came yesterday (the rest of the products I'm already using). I'm going to a wedding on August 9 so I plan to wait until after that to start. Really excited to do it again, and am curious if or how it will be different the second time. The first time a few days in I started feeling amazing so I'm curious whether I'll get that same boost this time since I've been eating (mostly) the max phase. I broke some bad eating habits when I did the first challenge and I haven't let myself start them up again. I don't eat sweets. I don't miss them. I don't drink soda. (I do miss diet coke.) I still eat whole wheat grains and lean proteins and lots of fruits and veggies. It really did become a lifestyle change in those 24 days.
  • Tracyramos1220
    Tracyramos1220 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Lepert. How much have you lost in the past 90 days of being on the challenge? I am on day 15 of the challenge and bought enough supplements to last for 3 months after the challenge and I want to get an idea of how much I can lose by sticking to the eating plan. Thanks.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I didn't do the full 90 day challenge - I did the 24 totally by the book, and then adopted a slightly flexible version of the max phase after that, like I would have a glass of wine periodically and added in more dairy than I had been eating. I did still use the supplements and mostly followed the plan, but I wasn't perfect with it. From May 2 to today I'm down 21.5 pounds. I felt amazing on the challenge. The first few days are kind of tough as you're getting over some of the cravings, but stick with it and by day 4 or 5 you're going to feel like a rock star. A friend of mine is in the middle of the 24 days and she lost 10 pounds just during the cleanse phase.
  • Tracyramos1220
    Tracyramos1220 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks, lepert. That helps. I'm planning on doing the best that I can to strictly stay on the plan to see how much I can lose. I will keep updating as I go along. Hope your second cleanse goes well.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Tracyramos122 you told me you were on day 15 and I totally missed that, so sorry about the advice about the first few days. :blushing: Keep me posted on how it goes!
  • girlvsplanet
    girlvsplanet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my 24-day challenge kit and should be getting it tomorrow. I looked over the PDF guide on the website, and I'm not sure I really understand the guidelines for what to eat. So, looking at day 1 - this should be my day:

30 mins before breakfast
    - Spark energy drink

Breakfast
    - Fiber drink (this comes with the kit, right?)
    - Water (why do they include this with breakfast? shouldn't I be drinking water all day long?)
    - A serving of protein
    - A serving of complex carbs
    - A serving of fruit

Snack
    - "Snack" is listed on the plan, but it doesn't give any ideas on what to have?

30 mins before lunch
    - Spark energy drink

Lunch
    - A serving of protein
    - A serving of veggies
    - A serving of complex carbs

Snack
    - Again listed with no ideas

Dinner
    - OmegaPlex (included with the kit)
    - A serving of protein
    - A serving of veggies
    - A serving of complex carbs if needed

Snack
    - No suggestions

Bedtime
    - Herbal Cleanse caplets (in the kit)

The guide lists a serving of protein as 4-6 ounces and a serving of veggies as 1 cup raw or cooked or 2 cups leafy greens. There are also suggestions for what these foods should/could be. But I see no guidelines for fruit or complex carb serving sizes. What should these be. Also, what is a serving of eggs, as I see that is a suggestion for protein.

It's just a little overwhelming. And I do have an advisor that I ordered from that I will talk to with these questions. Does the kit come with any more instruction than this daily guide? Just wondered if anyone else had run into these questions as well.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to starting! :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Hi girlvsplanet,

Note for the first 10 days you're not taking all the same supplements all the same days so you'll follow the plan you wrote for days 1-3, but then day 4 you're doing it slightly different. The fiber drink, herbal cleanse tablets and probiotic tablets all come in the bundle. (The cleanse tablets & probiotic tablets are in similar pouches so make sure you're taking the right one - they are marked.)

I found the guide that comes in the bundle easier to use than looking at the one online. I did check off everything as I took it to make sure I was doing it all right. I'm assuming it tells you water with the fiber drink because you have to mix it in water. The paper guide does have a spot to mark off your water throughout the day if you want to track that.

For anything not specified I would check out the USDA guidelines for what they consider a serving size to be and use that. If you find out something different from your advisor let me know.

The paper guide does give some ideas for snacks. I usually ate a fruit, or unsalted almonds or cashews. You can have half a protein and/or veggies.
  • nicolemarie045
    nicolemarie045 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If your advisor doesn't give you any ideas, send me a message and I can send you over what I give to people regarding foods/shopping lists and suggestions.