Zero Carb Deserts?

Options
Hi guys and girls :)

I am wondering if anyone has created any zero carb desserts? I suffer a real sweet tooth, especially in the evening time. I don't like to ignore cravings because from past experience i have ended up eating my way around it to only end up eating 5 times more than i would have if i just gave in to it.

I have been eating good old jelly made with 600ml pepsi max and 11 grams plain gelatin powder (i know, i know. the pepsi has Aspartame! but i would rather have a little of that than 15.2 tea spoons of sugar in the normal one) and it has really been hitting the spot. Not bad for 0 carb and 30 calories :)

The thing is, i am feeling a bit bored of it now and need to switch it up. Does anyone have any ideas? Do artificial food flavorings like the baking ones contain carbs? If i could change the flavour that may help a bit.

I would prefer 0 carb deserts, but will go up to 5 grams maximum.

Thanks people :)

Replies

• linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    These aren't zero carb, but they are filling and yummy - muffin in a minute. There are lots of variations, I especially like the cinnamon and I also make a lemon poppyseed that is my favorite. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/453964-low-carb-muffin-in-a-minute.
    Also a favorite is the minute microwave cheesecake http://yourlighterside.com/2012/08/minute-microwave-cheesecake/. Enjoy :)
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    I'm with you. I have a terrible sweet tooth so I eat sugar free jello gelatin. I also have sugar free chocolate toffee squares and sugar free carmel pecan turtles, both made by Russell Stover. I also have sugar free Lifesavers both the rainbow colored ones and the wintergreen mints.

I'm also looking for some new low carb desserts. So I hope to see some more comments. =)
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to sugar free popsicles.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I make (almost 0 carb) ice cream. 4c heavy cream, 1c splenda, 2 eggs, 2 t vanilla. Mix w/ a mixer until stiff and freeze. So good it puts ice cream to shame! Going to get some diet rootbeer and make a float
  • jphon
    jphon Posts: 8
    Options
    The ice cream sounds amazing :) definitely one to try :smooched: and another definite is the sugar free toffee squares. The cheesecake one looks very tempting, that's a for sure on my cheat day next month :) Thanks for the suggestions so far, they all sound great :smile:
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I pinned that cheesecake, yum! thanks for the link
  • missyusf92
    missyusf92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pinned too. Thansk!:happy:
  • milosmom1979
    milosmom1979 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Russell Stover makes EXCELLENT sugar free candy that takes the edge off! Im eating a mint patty as we speak!! also Breyers makes a line called Carb smart which has excellent 3-4 net carb ice cream bars... So Delish!!!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    try the george stella web site, this guy makes amazing low carb desserts,, ( and shares the recipies), love his cheese cake, and chocolate items, all make with NO sugar alchols, http://www.stellastyle.com/