Hip pain?

Options
sapf
sapf Posts: 146 Member
I finished the couch to 5k without problems and was doing reasonably well at increasing my mileage. After my run last Thursday (5.2 miles in about 55ish min) my hip started killing me. I've since backed off the mileage. Are there any stretches that could be beneficial? I really want to get back to my distance runs...

Replies

• sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks that was great. I have a foam roller on the way to stretch it out.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Note: foam rollers kind of hurt, so don't be surprised. But they're effective. Really effective.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

Note: foam rollers kind of hurt, so don't be surprised. But they're effective. Really effective.

If you can't do the foam roller at first start with a tennis ball, then work up to the foam roller.
  • doriharvey
    doriharvey Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I agree with the foam roller and I have one too. It hurts but so helpful. Just recently started C25K and had lots of leg muscle pains. Another member suggested some beginner joga stretches. I founds this video and now do these stretches after my run days ... I have found recovery time to be so much better and it gets the side hamstring muscles that used to be killers for me on the foam rolle.r. Youtube video addy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZFJpaOD3Cc description: How To Stretch for Beginners, Safe Stretches for Full Body Yoga, Back & Leg Pain Relief, Sciatica (p.s I am the one not able to do do the stretches she does in the other video's, but this one helps me).
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I love YouTube. I use an App called Strong Runner. I had to pay $1 for the stretches and another dollar for the warm up exercises, but it has been definitely worth the money.