INTRODUCE YOURSELF :)

Options

Replies

• nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Lynnetta. I live in Moscow, TX. I started my weight loss journey in Jan. 23, 2013 at 240 pounds. I am now at 191.7. I have lost 49.3 pounds my goal is 120. Had a very rough month in July. with the loss of a family member and another in the hospital I gained a little bit but have lost that and a little more. so good luck everyone.
  • kfavulous
    kfavulous Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey folks!

I'm Kelly - 29, 5'5" and 163lbs. I'm from Victoria, BC Canada (eh?)

My goal is 25lbs by October 17th.

I'm currently doing the ChaLEAN Extreme challenge (5 days a week) and am on two ViSalus shakes/day.

It's been a week since I started both routines and while my muscles are killing me and I've only dropped 1.5lbs, I'm still in this to win it!

3,500 calories... wow. That's hardcore. I'm in!

Cheers,
    Kelly
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Kim, from northern MA. I'm a special ed teacher, currently teaching summer school. I'm working on losing "the last 5 pounds", again :grumble: This should be a good challenge for me as I'm in the midst of triathlon training with an Olympic Distance on Aug 25 and a sprint on Sept. 8. This is about the time that motivation can start to fade, so a little extra push will be great!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Shay and I am fom NJ. I lost 18 lbs at this year, but I have begun to gain some of it back. I have been struggling big tine the last 2 months. I still have at least 15 pounds to lose and I am really hoping this challenge is what I need to get back on track and lose this weight.
  • skeegan711
    Options
    Hi my name is Stephanie...I am 46 years old and a mother of four children. I am currently a Nuraing student and would like to get back into shape!! I am looking to lose 14 lbs. and to get fit! I am excited for a challenge!
  • Mirage106
    Mirage106 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Jena, and I'm from Texas. I'm thirty-nine. I was thin when I was young, but as a totally blind person, opportunities for physical activity and fitness can be challenging to find, learn, and even just to get to and from. So in my twenties, I gained weight.

Then a few years ago, some amazing friends encouraged me to train with them, to walk a half marathon. I never imagined I could do it, but I did, and that changed my whole perspective about athleticism, fitness, weight, and self image.

I had every intention to keep the weight off that I'd lost, and to keep losing. But some stressful life events occurred, culminating in a fractured skull which left me completely sedentary for a full year. I was too dizzy to be anything else, thanks to the concussion.

So here I am in 2013, 5.4 and at my heaviest, 244 pounds. . . NOT . GOOD! But with the seizure-induced fractured skull finally explained by a diagnosis of epilepsy, I have my answers, and am ready to move forward and get fit! I am training for my second half marathon next spring!
    I'm 5.4, 232 now, and hoping to lose 95 pounds by Christmas 2014. My cardio consists of 45 minutes to two hours of treading water in a swimming pool, and/or walking on a treadmill. I would love to join a gym, if I could get to one, to add some strength training, but for now, I'm at the very beginning level of fitness. So I can't wait to take on my first MyFitnessPal challenge, and I'm looking forward to seeing all the successes everyone will have!

Friend requests are welcome!
    Good luck everyone!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Chelle am 33 and live in Essex UK.

I fell off the bandwagon mostly so far this year as had lots of stress and problems, but have my mojo back now and looking foreward to doing this challenger. I'm currently 236lbs 5'4", work lots and lots and my hobby is my horse Chico :-)
  • SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Sarah and I live in Reading, UK. Currently 138lbs 28.2% bf. My goal is 121lbs and to get my bf as low as I can.
  • freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I live in Winchester UK. I am 66, widowed with 3 grown up children; I retired last summer then started tutoring. This meant I was sitting down more and instead of losing weight I piled on the pounds. In July I wanted to wear a dress and jacket to a smart do. I could just get into the dress but the jacket would not do up.. it was a bit of a shock. I then had a couple of weeks with family visiting. When they left I stood on the scales even more of a shock. So I have started going to the gym again and bought a fitbit to help with motivation.
    My youngest is getting married next year and I am walking her down the aisle. I hate having my photo taken as I look so matronly and fat. I need to lose about 35-40 lbs and aiming for 1 lb a week. I have previously set silly weekly targets, not met them after the second week and got dispirited and gave up.
    I like spinning classes and just started doing body pump ( I am recovering from tennis elbow). Later this month I am trying aqua jog and hydro classes. I am aiming to keep giving my body a shock so it does not get used to just one type of exercise. I have a fairly quiet August to get the exercise going before tutoring takes off in September again..
    I did round the world challenge last year and loved it; near the end we were doing over 1000 cals a day to keep us near the lead
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Julie. I started on here at 204 last October and am down to 148 as of now. I workout 6 days a week doing turbofire and adding in other things like hiking swimming. I am hoping to loose about 20 more pounds!
  • mytabouly
    mytabouly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

My name is Mya and I’m an Australian living in Sweden. I currently train 3-4 times a week but I’m trying to increase the effectiveness of my workouts.

I’m naturally a lazy person, would rather walk on a treadmill than run, for example. I want to do more with the time I spend at the gym.

I also walk for about 30-40 minutes every day.

I am currently 62.8kg (or 138lbs) and I have 8kg (or 18lbs) to go to my target weight.

I’ll be using a Polar ft4 HRM to track my calorie burn and my diary is public, so you can track my progress there if you like.

Good luck everyone! And feel free to add me as a friend ☺
  • derter6
    derter6 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Terri 45 and live in North Wales UK, I have had a weight problem all my life and diagnosed with over active thyroid 18 months ago. I have lost lots of weight with various groups but end up putting it on. This time I am going to keep it off as I just found out that my daughter is going to have a baby in January.

I have about 4 stone to lose so that I feel comfortable and be able to run after my grandchild and not feel as though I am dying. I take my GSD for a walk every day and when I feel energetic I will run with her too.

This is my first challenge so here goes.

Good luck everyone.
  • lisajp70
    Options
    HI I am Lisa 43 and live in NC I need to lose to lose about 35 pounds I notice it is tough as you get older to lose the weight.
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Renesha and I am 39 years old. I live in SC.
    I love challenges because they help me hold my self accountable for keeping up with my commitment. I am looking forward to burning more calories in August!! I have 100+ pounds to lose. Let's do this!
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Nicole, 32 y/o mother of 2. I am also a roller derby girl (Mia, really excited to see someone else on here who plays!!! Friend request already sent!) and get at least 4 hours a week of AMAZING fun exercise from practices a week. I've also just joined a gym in my area so I have been doing the elliptical, swimming, weight training and a few classes that they offer.

I lost about 30ish pounds on MFP a while ago and just started using it again about a week and a half ago. I am currently 155 lbs at 5'4" 1/2. My goal weight is 135 but I'll be happy at 140, so about 15 to 20 pounds to lose.

Excited to start this challenge! Last week I got really close to hitting 3500 so hopefully it will be doable for me on a regular basis this month!

Feel free to friend request me, I need more motivation!
  • keralynn89
    keralynn89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Kera, 24 years old living in Northwest Kansas. I am around 216 with a goal weight of 155 (I'm 5'7). I am getting married in April 2014 so that is a pretty big motivation factor - but honestly, I have been battling my weight for so long that I am just ready to do this. I think that his challenge group will help keep me in check with my goals because exercise is something I struggle with!
  • jlmclucas
    Options
    Hi everyone... My name is Jenn and I am from Maryland. I have lost 17 pounds (222 to 205) so far and it has taken me 7 months to do that. My small goal is to be under 200 when I go to the beach the 2nd week of September. I workout 2-3 days a week so I am hoping this will motivate me to do more, even if it just walking at night. Good Luck to you all :happy:
  • lizzieloucaws
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am Lizzie from the UK. I have around 60 pounds to lose and love exercise but I have got out of the habit. I am so in need of a kick up the backside so I am very excited about starting a challange and getting bacvk on track with moving more.
    Good luck everyone.
  • closecrew
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Tiffany I am 208 pounds I am 25. My goal for this month is 200 pounds. I have already face my first challenge this morning as far as my diets goes. My husband went and bought donuts, and everyone had donuts, while I ate a yogurt. I had to keep reminding myself it is a life style change not a diet, and I am making a change for my health. I have been very successful in controlling my binge eating lately and hope this continues.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

My name is Brianne, I am in Moreno Valley, CA. I am 5'4 and am currently at 227lbs. I want to I have lost almost 9 pounds so far and have been an active member of MFP since the end of May. But I actually joined in Nov 2012. I currently workout about 5-6 days a week and I am training to do a Half Marathon in October 2013. So I need the extra motivation to get out there and do at least something everyday.
    Looks like we have a huge group of people doing the challenge, this is going to be good motivation!