Week 5, Day 3 In the Bag

Options
Madmoo70
Madmoo70 Posts: 25 Member
I did it! I ran for 20mins non-stop! I also had to share that on my Facebook status today.

I am loving this programme. Got up early and got on treadmill. Was worried I wouldn't do it but I did it and felt so pleased with myself for doing it.

I noted it's back to alternating running / walking next and wondered if this was a step back. Cant believe how I'm even thinking after 5 weeks.

I would have struggled to run for 30 seconds before doing this programme. The best tip I read from others was to run as slow as possible and I have to say that this is definitely what has cracked it for me. Planning to complete programme using times, then when Ive done that I will work on my speed / distance.

C25K rocks x

Replies

• aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!!! That really is something to be proud of!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    That is too cool! Way to go.

Actually, I think the intervals are there for a reason. I lot of people find them pretty challenging.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I remember how awesome it felt after completing that 20 minute run. You are doing great!!!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Good job! I've got one more week to go until my "big day"!
  • Madmoo70
    Options
    Thanks guys - if someone had said before I started this that I would get this far and be running for that long I certainly wouldn't have believed it.
  • ladytrixibelle
    ladytrixibelle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, well done!! I've got to do that towards the end of this week and I'm so scared even thinking about it!
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    It feels absoloutely awesome, doesn't it? I just did it 30 mins ago myself, and it felt like a huge victory. Inside my head there was a fanfare and a marching band congratulating me. Awesome feeling, I'm completely with you on it. CONGRATS!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you who have just done W5D3 - it's a big step up and an awesome achievement to manage it! Well done! Week 6 looks at first sight to be a step backwards, but there's a sting in the tail - you step up again on W6D3. But you know now that you can manage another step up!
  • FaithtoHope
    FaithtoHope Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Tomorrow is my wk5 day 3. OMG! So stressed.
  • Madmoo70
    Options
    Go into it with a positive attitude 'I will do this' and you will. I still cant believe it that Ive come this far! :smile:
  • Madmoo70
    Options
    Nickeecoco - I was the same. Im doing it on the treadmill but as soon as Id done the 20min run I wanted to run out in the street and tell anyone and everyone! May have a banner done for the front of the house in readiness for my C25K graduation day! lol :laugh:
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    Nickeecoco - I was the same. Im doing it on the treadmill but as soon as Id done the 20min run I wanted to run out in the street and tell anyone and everyone! May have a banner done for the front of the house in readiness for my C25K graduation day! lol :laugh:

Me too! The day I finish, I'm probably just going to run around the trail and tell everyone. Maybe I'll time it so it's a busy trail time. lol.
  • samonmission
    samonmission Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I did it! I ran for 20mins non-stop! I also had to share that on my Facebook status today.

I am loving this programme. Got up early and got on treadmill. Was worried I wouldn't do it but I did it and felt so pleased with myself for doing it.

I noted it's back to alternating running / walking next and wondered if this was a step back. Cant believe how I'm even thinking after 5 weeks.

I would have struggled to run for 30 seconds before doing this programme. The best tip I read from others was to run as slow as possible and I have to say that this is definitely what has cracked it for me. Planning to complete programme using times, then when Ive done that I will work on my speed / distance.

C25K rocks x
    Congrats !!
    That's awesome ... I did my W5D1 today and was stressed too to finish it as well ! I posted in this community and someone suggested to go slow and it made wonders ... I was able to successfully finish W5D1 and looking forward to other 2 days...
    I agree with you that "going slow" is the best advise I have ever got... I am also planning on building my stamina to run entire distance with C25K and after I am done, I'll work on my speed.
  • uwsmama
    uwsmama Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just did W5D3 today too! I can't believe how proud I am of myself! I'm not sure if any of you listen to the Chubby Jones Podcast but she had me laughing out loud while the sun was rising at 5am in Central Park this morning! I feel like I have had so much more energy all day.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yay uwsmama!!! It is SUCH a victory!
  • ladytrixibelle
    ladytrixibelle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did it - I ran for 20 minutes! I can't believe it! Feeling elated.
  • Madmoo70
    Options
    I did it - I ran for 20 minutes! I can't believe it! Feeling elated.

Well done - it's a great feeling. If we are all around the same stage, we should keep this post going to motivate each other through the remaining weeks.

We can have an online graduation party at the end! :happy:
  • fitgalin22
    fitgalin22 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yay congrats to you all! :flowerforyou: I finished W1D3 on Thursday. I will begin W2D1 on Monday or tomorrow depending how I am feeling. I can't wait to be able to say "Whoo hooo I did it! I actually jogged/ran for 20 mins straight. :laugh:"