12346»

Replies

• JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My name is Colette, from Jamaica
    I'm 5'2(?) and I weigh 117 pounds
    ive been a member here for a good while now
    joined this because I really want to get back in shape especially for when track and field comes back around
    im a vegetarian also trying to go vegan
  • JasminBillings2922
    Options
    Hey there! :)
    My name is Jasmin (Jas is preferred).I'm 18 years old and currently weigh 192.6. I'd love to lose at least 60lbs but I'm willing to maintain any weight as long as I'm happy with the way my body looks and feels. I think this group will keep me motivated and I'd also love to make some new friends so don't be shy to send me a request!
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hiya everyone!
    I'm Emily, currently 29 and in England. I've always been unhappy with my weight even though it's at the high end of the normal range. I'm excited about this group though it will be a big challenge for me as I have never burned so many calories in a week before! I am training for a half marathon September 29th so it will be good for me!

Good luck everyone, we got this!
    And I'll be keeping an eye out on those other people training for a half marathon :-)
  • clwright75
    Options
    Hi! I'm Cassie from California. I am currently 159!
  • preciousme150
    preciousme150 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Pamela from Upper Marlboro, Maryland. My current weight is 234lbs and my weight loss goal is 150lbs holding onto my sexy girl curves. However my ultimate goal is to be healthy and fit...
  • mosommer
    mosommer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am Maureen, 45, and trying to live a healthier lifestyle, and lose somewhere around 75 pounds. I am more interested in size than weight, and would like to be in a size 4, or maybe 6, again. I'll decide when I get there. I need accountability and support, and look forward to this journey.
  • fitgalin22
    fitgalin22 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Lissette and I'm a college student. I am 22 and by halfway of this challenge I'll be 23. :happy: I have gone up and down with my weight since high school. I've decided at the beginning of this month that I will make use of my gym membership and dedicate my mind and body to a healthier and fit me. Plus I'm determined to fit into a dress (lace and sexy) that I have previously bought and never managed to use it. I have been tracking down everything (food & exercise) since I joined MFP. I have lost about 6 lbs, but since the last 2 weeks I have gained 1.3 lbs and lost 1 lb bringing me back to CW. Here's to burning 3500 calories weekly! :smile:
  • george_sweeten
    Options
    I'm George, 19 from the UK trying to lose weight I put on at Uni i'm currently 181 lbs and I'm hoping to be 175 lbs soon!
  • Brialychr3
    Brialychr3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    urgghhh I am a day late! I will catch up. Hi Everyone, I am Val from Ontario, Canada. I currently weigh 149 lbs and I am hoping to lose 15 lbs I am not so stuck on numbers but on how my body looks and feels. I am only 5' 4". For the most part I live a healthy lifestyle but I am human and make some bad choices sometimes. Love this group to encourage getting the exercise in!! I typically exercise faithfully with a personal trainer 2 x 45 minutes per week and run or do cardio classes in between. summer is here and its hot so I have slowed down on the cardio - this will help alot - thansk everyone!
  • ksv3inks
    ksv3inks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a day late as well :) Somehow this slipped by me. I am 38yo from Kansas. I am 5"7" and currently 184. My goal is to be at least 160 by my class reunion in October, although I felt the best when I was 145-150. I have lost 7 pounds already, but have a long way to go. I joined this to help keep me accountable and focused. I am starting a Biggest Loser competition at work, so would be even better to actually WIN it! :)
  • mhere2be
    mhere2be Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Am 35, 5-4 and currently 148 lbs! I live near Boston MA. Am a Stay at home mom for now.. Planning to look for a job soon! I am sick of the extra tire I have around my tummy! Hoping to see a flat belly once!!! Not big into numbers but I think I have to lose 25-30 pounds to be able to feel good!
  • justdoit2322
    justdoit2322 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My name is Daria! I am a student at UNC and live in North Carolina. I joined this group today! I look forward to making new friends and completing this challenge! This is my first challenge ever on MFP so I am pretty excited. My goal this month is to lose 5 pounds. My ultimate goal is to lose 20 pounds by Christmas to surprise my family. I return to school in 2 weeks so this challenge will help keep my grounded when I return. I hope by the end of August I can maintain a consistent work out routine.
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hey all :wink:

I am 29, 5'7" and currently 179.2. I started my weight loss journey back in Oct 2012 at 225 lbs. One day out of the blue I woke up and realized I had fallen deep into depression and decided to turn my life back right side up. I am currently at my lowest weight since having kids. Not rally sure what my ulitame GW is now, I guess I will know when I get there.. When I 1st joind MFP my GW was 190 :bigsmile: and I just kept going.

I have 3 kids, 11 (girl), 7, and 5 (boys) and I also work 2 jobs. I work out between jobs during the week, usually I have enough time to do a 40-50 min routine, cook dinner, and eat before my 2nd job. On the weekends, I catch up on sleep as much as possible and also try to do bigger workouts on Saturdays...

Feel free to add me, just mention the group :flowerforyou:
  • mrsleonard12
    mrsleonard12 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    hey. I'm 5'7" at 164ish and 20yrs. I started my journey in January at 180i something. I live challenges and lately I have plateaued so hoping this will kick start my loss again. Feel free to add.
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Chet from London, UK. Started this fitness journey last November and I am less than 10 llbs away from my initial target weight. Once I'm at that weight I'm switching my focus to a body fat % target.

I started tracking my calorie burn last week with a view to challenging myself to improve on each week's number and then I got told about this group. This gives me an actual weekly target number to aim for and you guys can keep me accountable so feel free to kick my *kitten* if I start to slack.

Good luck everyone!
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Mollie from Alaska. I'm 41 and have lost 12 pounds in the last year. I've had a few set backs here and there but I am staying positive and feeling renewed focus lately! I wish you all the best with your fitness challenge!
  • sugah11
    sugah11 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am starting a bit late! but I burned over 1400 calories today so I am in catch up mode. My name is Kitty (yes like a cat). I am 5'9 and have lost 80lbs since the beginning of the year and around 66 since joining here. My current weight is 165ish plus or minus a pound - I weigh in again tomorrow. My goal is to loose another 25lbs. I am looking forward to this challenge since I always seem to put off the workout. I currently live in the Chicago area, but spent over 20 years in Houston and I can say my heart belongs to Texas nicest people in the world!
  • EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Eniola, 46, mother 3 and live in the UK. I am 5' 6" and currently weight 68kg. Since April of this year I have lost about 10 kg. In recent months, i have fallen off the wagon and have put a bit back on. (3kg to be exact). perhaps this is my body telling me that it is comfortable at my current weight and does not want to lose anymore weight! Now hoping to reach my target weight of 64kg and maintain it through regular exercise and diet. This is a great challenge as the goal is quantifiable and easy to relate to exercise.
  • zay31
    zay31 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Xavia and I'm from Grifton, NC. Over the last 5yrs i've gained a tremendous amount of weight and now i'm trying to lose `124lbs. Looking forward and hoping this challenge will help keep me focus on the reasons i've joined "myfitnesspal" and help me move closer to a healthier lifestyle. :) Good luck, everyone!!!!!!!!!!