• UnicornBaconsEsq
    Options
    Oh I took my measurements today too. In just one week, I've lost:

An inch off my neck
    An inch off my chest (bra band)
    2 inches off my waist
    1.5 inches off my hips
    1.5 inches off my thighs

So in total, 7 inches. That is completely crazy.

I initially lost 5.6 lbs but I think I gained a couple back so I'm trying to stay off the scale for a few more days or just suck it up and accept that it's going to go all nuts for the next few weeks.

That far exceeded my expectations though, and I've never had results like this from anything else I've done this quickly. Hopefully that will keep up, I have a lot of weight to lose too.
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Oh I took my measurements today too. In just one week, I've lost:

An inch off my neck
    An inch off my chest (bra band)
    2 inches off my waist
    1.5 inches off my hips
    1.5 inches off my thighs

So in total, 7 inches. That is completely crazy.

I initially lost 5.6 lbs but I think I gained a couple back so I'm trying to stay off the scale for a few more days or just suck it up and accept that it's going to go all nuts for the next few weeks.

That far exceeded my expectations though, and I've never had results like this from anything else I've done this quickly. Hopefully that will keep up, I have a lot of weight to lose too.

wow! that is an amazing result in just one week!
  • UnicornBaconsEsq
    Options
    Ok so my shorts fell off (all the way to the floor) during the warmup for the plyometric cardio circuit! :blushing:

That was rather unexpected...

Meanwhile, the scale won't budge, but I've heard that happens so I'm just looking forward to measuring and doing new progress pictures on Monday and taking another fit test. I feel way stronger and I can't wait to see what the results are.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Ok so my shorts fell off (all the way to the floor) during the warmup for the plyometric cardio circuit! :blushing:

That was rather unexpected...

Did you have an audience? :laugh: :laugh:
  • UnicornBaconsEsq
    Options
    LOL, no but I was in the living room and my front door was wide open so I had to scoop them up quite promptly because there were some people outside! :glasses:
  • UnicornBaconsEsq
    Options
    Oh, I was going to post these in case anyone is getting a little down in the middle of the second week...

Day 1:
    V79KnRk.jpg?1

Day 10:

pc9qG4p.jpg?1

I'm not taking my "official" progress pictures until Monday when I do the fit test, and I know the angle is a little different (and oh yes, that's a dryer sheet on the floor in the second one, blame the puppy, lol), but I just wanted to show that even if the scale doesn't seem like it's going anywhere that just 10 days can make a *huge* difference. For reference, I am 5'1, started at 173 and I'm hovering around 168 or 169 this week.

And there's only 50 left!
  • UnicornBaconsEsq
    Options
    Week 2 is DONE. Rest day tomorrow.

This was the first day with cardio abs added on. It's short but it's a killer but I think I might switch it up to insane abs instead because I really need to extra core strength.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I just completed Insanity and started a different program but just wanted to congratulate you all and tell you to make sure you get enough sleep! Also, I was very hungry during the first few weeks of the program. Make sure you eat enough.
    I did all Insanity workouts without my shoes on, on a nice 1cm thick workout mat, I had shin splints for a few first days, after that they were history!

Good luck everyone!
  • UnicornBaconsEsq
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, SleeplessinBerlin! :flowerforyou:
    I did all Insanity workouts without my shoes on, on a nice 1cm thick workout mat, I had shin splints for a few first days, after that they were history!

Did you go through the whole two months without shoes? I started without shoes and it hurt my feet and knees to jump so much. I was thinking about adding my mat over the rug because wearing shoes when I'm sweating that much grosses me out. Like my feet get all hot and by the cool down I've usually taken them off. I tend to rip them off first chance when I know I'm not jumping anymore. But I'm afraid I'll mess up my knees for good.

Soooo, fit test 2. Anyone still hanging in? I haven't done mine yet but I can't wait to see the improvement. I feel a lot stronger. I'm going to take a new set of progress pictures today too and I measured.

I may not share those until the end, I actually feel fatter this week for some reason, my stomach looks all terrible and like it has cellulite on it and so do my upper arms. I had some modest progress on inches lost but nothing like the first week. So everything stayed the same except I lost 3/4 inch off my bust and a half inch off my waist, hips and thighs. I'm not going to complain about a loss, but WTF is up with my body. My scale weight is all over again, I've been up and down like 6 or 7 lbs over the past 2 weeks.

It's sort of interesting, like watching a science experiment in progress.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Yes, 2 whole months without shoes. Carpet or rug were not enough, though - any time I went somewhere for a weekend and took my laptop with me and worked out without my mat I got shin splints. As soon as I went home and used the mat again - no shin splints.

I started losing weight during the recovery week and in the beginning of Month 2. But I only lost 4-5 lbs total. A couple of inches here and there. But my body definitely changed, got firmer and stronger. The difference in Fit Test Results from Day 1 and day 63 was astonishing, too.
  • UnicornBaconsEsq
    Options
    I'm either the last one standing from this thread or everyone is just really busy. Oh well. Just took fit test 2, here is how much I improved:

Switch kicks 57 ---> 80
    Power Jacks 48 ---> 53
    Power Knees 65 ---> 83
    Power Jumps 33 ---> 39
    Globe jumps 4 ---> 9
    Suicide Jumps 14 ---> 15 (and with correct form, my first round was pretty sloppy)
    Push-up jacks 8 ---> 16
    Low plank oblique 18 ---> 46

I noticed I had a lot more stamina, even by the end and my form was much better on everything. So all in all, not too bad for 2 weeks of work. :glasses:

[/quote]