W6D3 in the bag!

Options
Madmoo70
Madmoo70 Posts: 25 Member
Another week completed and i've just run for 25mins!!! I am so proud of myself and am loving the buzz from doing this programme. Why didn't I do this years ago? :noway:

Replies

• yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I've asked myself this same question! lol
  • samonmission
    samonmission Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Another week completed and i've just run for 25mins!!! I am so proud of myself and am loving the buzz from doing this programme. Why didn't I do this years ago? :noway:

Way to go ... Running 25 min continuously is a great achievement and you should definitely be proud ... Congrats for finishing up W6 ! I am going to start W6 on Thursday
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I ask myself that too.

The thing is, smartphones and apps have only been around since 2009.

iPods have only been around since 2001. A lot of occasional runners got way more motivated when they could have music on their runs and I'm not sure that I could have gotten past week 7 without it.

And I didn't get diagnosed with reactive airways and get an inhaler until 1992.

Oh, and AWESOME JOB on 25 minutes straight. It's a great feeling.
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    awesome!! can't wait to get where you are :)
  • Madmoo70
    Options
    I've asked myself this same question! lol

We live and learn I suppose Yamsteroo x
  • Madmoo70
    Options

Way to go ... Running 25 min continuously is a great achievement and you should definitely be proud ... Congrats for finishing up W6 ! I am going to start W6 on Thursday

You'll do it! Ive never been so determined to do something. Really see this as a person challenge. I was counting upwards when looking at my times but this week when doing the 25 min run I counted down. So, after 5mins I was thinking 'right, 20 mins to go, then before I knew it it was 15mins and so on. Really helped me changing to counting down rather than upwards. I even managed to add an extra minute on!

Let me know how it goes. :bigsmile:
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you caught the bug!!! Congratulations on your 25min run!!! I have often asked myself why I waiting sooo long to start! Welcome to the rest of your life! I think you sound hooked! :flowerforyou:
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    Grats madmoo!

Sorry to spoil anything, but W6D3 is 22 mins, isn't it? I did it yesterday. Wasn't a very good run. Really hot and humid out there. I waited until late evening, but that didn't help much. I actually had to pause the app and take a 3 min walk break. I haven't done that with the program yet. That was a bummer, but the heat was way too much.