Check in!

Options
tlou5
tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
How is everyone doing? I did my 5th day of week one today, but actually feel like I am ready to upgrade to week 2 on Thursday! Excited to be moving forwards! We can do this!

Replies

• pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I will do week 3 day 2 this afternoon. I am really feeling confident that I will be able to complete this and that I will run my very first 5K on September 15th. I have signed up for the Tunnel to Tower 5K that benefits first repsonders and military who have been injured in the line of duty. There was something that just drew me to this event (a very strong pull) that made me sign up without ever running in my life, so the C25K is helping me prepare myself. I can and I will do this! :smile:
  • no_more_weighting
    no_more_weighting Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    PK, that's so inspirational! :-) I just did W1D2 yesterday (gone during the w/end, so a little behind, but still on track) and it went great - I ran much faster than the last time and was able to watch my form a little more. I wanted to ask you all whether you train 3 days a week, every other day, or even every (or almost every) day? I feel like I could probably train almost every day, but the way the program's set up there should be one day of training and one day of rest - perhaps that's on purpose, right? So our body can "recover"?
  • pkbryant28
    Options
    PK, that's so inspirational! :-) I just did W1D2 yesterday (gone during the w/end, so a little behind, but still on track) and it went great - I ran much faster than the last time and was able to watch my form a little more. I wanted to ask you all whether you train 3 days a week, every other day, or even every (or almost every) day? I feel like I could probably train almost every day, but the way the program's set up there should be one day of training and one day of rest - perhaps that's on purpose, right? So our body can "recover"?

I do it when I have time. Right now I meet a personal trainer on Mon, Tues, and Thurs so I have been doing the C25K on Wed, Fri, and Sun. With that being said I am like you and feel that I could train more so starting today I plan on completing it after my session with my trainer and if this works out OK I will start doing it after my weight training as well as the other days with a break maybe once or twice a week. Right now I am still in the trial and error stage of establishing a standard workout routine.
  • tlou5
    Options
    I do it every other day, but mainly cause I have difficulty finding non "kid" time to complete it in, so four days a week works best right now and then supplement with videos and bike rides.

PK- Where is your 5k at? Sounds very inspriationa
  • pkbryant28
    Options
    tlou- There are several of the Tunnel to Tower's throughout the US, I will be participating in the one for Mobile, AL.
  • ktpod1
    ktpod1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Complete W2D1. Had to slow down my pace .5 to be able to run 90 seconds. Feeling pretty good when I finishef do I did 15 additional minutes of Jeff Galloway method of running (run 1 min / walk 1 minute). Keep up the good job everyone .
  • copp9
    copp9 Posts: 33
    Options
    I just completed W3D3, and I can't believe how easy it felt compared to W3D1! I am about 40 pounds overweight still and I have a lot of weight on my body, but I was rrrreeaaallllyyy struggling last week on W3D1, and now it was super easy to complete. To answer the question of when people do the plan, this is the only exercise I am doing right now. I do it three times a week on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. I walk for about 20 minutes before, then do the 30 minute program, then walk for about 10 minutes after to total 60 minutes for me. I haven't lost hardly any weight, but my body shape has changed a lot and my stomach is starting to flatten the teeniest bit!
  • tlou5
    Options
    Complete W2D1. Had to slow down my pace .5 to be able to run 90 seconds. Feeling pretty good when I finishef do I did 15 additional minutes of Jeff Galloway method of running (run 1 min / walk 1 minute). Keep up the good job everyone .

Awesome!
  • tlou5
    Options
    I just completed W3D3, and I can't believe how easy it felt compared to W3D1! I am about 40 pounds overweight still and I have a lot of weight on my body, but I was rrrreeaaallllyyy struggling last week on W3D1, and now it was super easy to complete. To answer the question of when people do the plan, this is the only exercise I am doing right now. I do it three times a week on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. I walk for about 20 minutes before, then do the 30 minute program, then walk for about 10 minutes after to total 60 minutes for me. I haven't lost hardly any weight, but my body shape has changed a lot and my stomach is starting to flatten the teeniest bit!

Good for you! I start W2 tomorrow...peeked ahead to check out week 3 and it looks intimidating lol
  • pkbryant28
    Options
    Finished week 3, only 5 more to go! Not sure if I will start week 4 today or Sunday (I will be out town this weekend). Hope everyone else doing well with their progress. We can do this!
  • tlou5
    Options
    Have a good weekend. I am doing second day of week 2 tomorrow and hopefully feel ready to start week three next week!
  • copp9
    copp9 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hey y'all! I just did w4d1 with the five minute intervals. Boy, it was really tough for me! I did it though, but definitely the second most difficult day! Nothing beats day one! How is everyone doing?
  • pkbryant28
    Options
    Hey y'all! I just did w4d1 with the five minute intervals. Boy, it was really tough for me! I did it though, but definitely the second most difficult day! Nothing beats day one! How is everyone doing?

Congrats! I will complete (hopefully) w4d1 Sunday.
  • no_more_weighting
    Options
    So I finished W1 yesterday! It was pretty tough, since my legs were really sore and heavy after my bike ride on Tuesday, but I did it, yey! Ready for W2D1 tomorrow.
  • tlou5
    Options
    WTG no more weighting! You can do it. Glad you are feeling better.
  • pkbryant28
    Options
    Well I attempted w4d1 yesterday and I was unable to complete it. :grumble: About 20 minutes into it my calf cramped up and I was unable to finish. I have a feeling all of the sodium in my body from all of the restaurant food I ate over the weekend had something to do with it. Even though I was trying to drink extra water to help with the extra sodium consumed my ankles were still swollen and that tells me that I was somewhat dehydrated. I am working lower body today at the gym so I will not attempt to run today so I will do w4d1 tomorrow. :smile:
  • tlou5
    Options
    Well I attempted w4d1 yesterday and I was unable to complete it. :grumble: About 20 minutes into it my calf cramped up and I was unable to finish. I have a feeling all of the sodium in my body from all of the restaurant food I ate over the weekend had something to do with it. Even though I was trying to drink extra water to help with the extra sodium consumed my ankles were still swollen and that tells me that I was somewhat dehydrated. I am working lower body today at the gym so I will not attempt to run today so I will do w4d1 tomorrow. :smile:

Sorry to hear that. Drink some orange juice. It is high in potassium and will help neutralize all of the sodium. Hope you feel better quickly.
  • pkbryant28
    Options

Sorry to hear that. Drink some orange juice. It is high in potassium and will help neutralize all of the sodium. Hope you feel better quickly.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just drank some OJ. I love love love OJ but I refrain from drinking it due to the sugar content so I was very happy to have an excuse to drink some.
  • no_more_weighting
    Options
    A word of (hard learned) wisdom: never run on a full stomach :noway: (especially when full means really full and included spicy salsa & acid reflux) :laugh: My W2D1 didn't go too well as a result of not following this common sense! :embarassed: Well, I walked the last 1/3 of the run and my heart rate monitor still said I burned the same on Kcal as usual, so that wasn't too bad... Going to W2D2 today and guess what, yes, I'm NOT going to eat before running! :tongue:
  • pkbryant28
    Options
    A word of (hard learned) wisdom: never run on a full stomach :noway: (especially when full means really full and included spicy salsa & acid reflux) :laugh: My W2D1 didn't go too well as a result of not following this common sense! :embarassed: Well, I walked the last 1/3 of the run and my heart rate monitor still said I burned the same on Kcal as usual, so that wasn't too bad... Going to W2D2 today and guess what, yes, I'm NOT going to eat before running! :tongue:

Sorry you had issues :frown: but glad you were able to finish. :happy: