Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Today's WOD

Replies

• SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Today's WOD. I'm hoping to get out of work in time to do it!

Strength
    Every 45 seconds for 6 minutes (8 total reps):

1 Power Clean + 1 Hang Clean (full squat) + 1 Push Press @ 75%

WOD:
    Run 1 loop (950 meters)
    40 C2B Pullups
    Run 1 loop

After yesterday's 1/4mile of walking lunges, I'm sore, but not too sore to wod tonight :)
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Warm up:
    Run 400m
    Alt tabata: supermans and 52 lb kb deadlifts
    Side to Side Hammy Stretch
    Inch worms
    10 Scorpion stretch

Strength/Skill:
    OTMEM for 7 minutes
    7 deadlifts @ 50% of 1RM (185#)

WOD:
    For time: 27-21-15-9
    Deadlifts, Front Squats @135# Rx (i did 95#)

Finished in 12:30
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Just getting around to posting the WOD from Friday...

Strength:
    4x6 Bench Press (incresing load...go heavy but not *too* heavy)
    - I got to 100# in my last set and failed on the final rep

WOD:
    For Load:
    Back Squat
    5-5-3-3-3-3-3
    - First time back squating while wearing my new Reebok Lifter Plus shoes and I LOVE them!!!!! Lifted 75/95/105/115/125/145/165 and felt like a bad *kitten* getting to 165# (my heaviest yet)!!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Today's WOD (and my first in over a week since I tweaked my elbow/forearm.) I"m a bit concerned about the pullups as I think the initial tweak came when I was doing a similar ETOM ring row set. Might do banded pull ups this time around. We will see.

If the elbow is good will probably do this at Level 1 mainly because of my OHS. My core still needs a ton of work.

Strength – Pull Ups

Every 2 minutes, for 8 minutes:

Max Unbroken Reps

“The Barbell and I”

For Time:

Shoulder Press, 10 reps

OHS, 15 reps

PushPress, 20 reps

Front Squats, 25 reps

Push Jerk, 30 reps

Back Squats, 35 reps

Rx – 115/75

L2 – 95/65

L1 – 75/45 or less
  • bostonwolf
    Took me 18:30 at Lvl 1. My shoulder strength sucks, but I was able to do the back squats without putting down the bar. 10, a rest, then the last 25 without a break.

And someone put my weights and bar away while I laid on the mat in pain afterwards. I need to pay that one forward.
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    WOD 1:
    6min: row for kcal
    4 min rest

WOD 2:
    6min AMRAP:
    5 power cleans
    5 burpees over the bar
    4min rest

WOD 3:
    6min AMRAP
    10 wall balls
    10 hand relaese push-ups
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Warm-up:
    250m row
    15 back extensions
    10 push ups
    x2

Practice:
    HSPU
    Double unders

WOD - One round for time:
    5 rope climbs
    20 weighted lunges
    20 dumbbell push presses
    40 kettlebell swings
    80 wall balls
    800m run

I finished in 20:02 because the stupid wall balls took forever.
  • bostonwolf
    1 mile weighted run. Weight is the athlete's choice. RX for men is 135, L2 95, L1 65
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Warm up:
    Tabata DUs
    30 sec handstand hold
    8-broad Jumps
    10 HRPUs
    20 pvc passthroughs

Strength/Skill:
    5x5 Strict Shoulder Press @95#, 135#, 145#, 145#, 135#

WOD:
    Three rounds for time of:
    15 Hang Cleans @135#
    15 Box Jumps @24"
    15 HRPUs

Completed in 10:24
  • Tobi1013
    Yesterday (I workout after work and almost never get on the interwebs in the evening):

Strength:
    3x5 Front Squat (I did 75, 95, 105#)
    4x5 Back Squat (I did 105, 115, 125, 125#)

WOD:
    12 minute AMRAP
    -7 pull ups (assisted or ring rows for beginners)
    -9 ring dips (parrallette dips for beginners)
    -11 burpees

I did assisted pullups with the green and blue bands (I made the decision last week that I was no longer going to do ring rows if assisted pull ups were an option in the WOD), parallete dips, and (because I tweaked my calf muscle a bit ago and pulling in my knees and popping up was painful) pushups on my knees. Completed 6 rnds + 7/9/9 reps.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Warm up - 3( 50 (jump rope singles) + 10 (plank side knee raises) + 15 (DB Row, 10 lbs.) + 30 second plank )

Strength - 4x5 DB Row AHAP (per arm)

WOD - Start clock at 12 minutes. Run 1 mile. Using remaining time on the clock, AMRAP hand-release push ups
    Rest for 7 minutes
    Start clock at 12 minutes, again. Run 1 mile, again. Using remaining time on the clock, AMRAP weighted butterfly sit ups (25 lbs.)

Collapse in a sweaty heap.
  • bostonwolf
    1 mile weighted run. Weight is the athlete's choice. RX for men is 135, L2 95, L1 65

This was kinda fun. Did 85# and got to about 500m before I caught my foot and the edge of the sidewalk and rolled my ankle. No damage but I had to drop it. Probably dropped about 8 times and eventually would drop, then pick it up in front of me and walk with it until my traps loosened up. Did the final 300m straight too. 22:28.

Had one guy do it RX (115) in 17 minutes with no drops. As he said he's not the fittest guy there but he's dropped a ton of weight relatively quickly so this was right in his wheelhouse.
  • Tobi1013
    Yesterday:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    Deadlift
    Box Jump
    Hand Release Pushups

I completed in 10:58 with 105# DLs, 20" step ups, and HRPUs on my knees
  • bostonwolf
    Yesterday:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    Deadlift
    Box Jump
    Hand Release Pushups

I like his one. Could probably get through the first few rounds doing regular pushups but might have to switch at some point.

My cardiovascular would probably hold me back a bit too. But that is improving.
  • Tobi1013
    Yesterday:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    Deadlift
    Box Jump
    Hand Release Pushups

I like his one. Could probably get through the first few rounds doing regular pushups but might have to switch at some point.

My cardiovascular would probably hold me back a bit too. But that is improving.

I liked this one, too! I can do some regular (non hand release) pushups, but I'm not nearly strong enough yet to get myself straight up off the floor doing HRPUs on my toes.

We did a similar workout to this one a few weeks ago of DLs and bar facing burpees. I thought I was going to die. Jumping over the bar for the burpees was adding insult to burpee injury!! lol!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    We've been cycling through the girls this week and for some reason finished on a WOD I did in January and never thought I'd have to see again: CF Open WOD 12.1. AMRAP in 7 min of: burpees!

Whoo!
  • bostonwolf
    Fran tomorrow.

21-15-9
    Thrusters (95/65)
    Pull Ups

L3 – 15-12-9 Pull Ups, Thrusters as Rx’d
    L2- 75/55 Thruster, Banded Pull Ups
    L1 – 65/45 or less Thruster, Ring Rows (as horizontal as possible)

I will go Level 1 just to set a baseline for myself. I'm certain it will hurt a lot.
  • Tobi1013
    Got 'er done nice and early this morning!!!

Warm Up: 800m run - I subbed rowing due to a running injury that I am still trying to work through.

Strength: 10 min EMOM 10 ring rows

WOD: 5-5-3-3-1-1-1-1 Front squat for load - Found my 1RM at 140#!!!! That felt effing awesome!! Great way to start a Friday!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    For those of you scaling push-ups to your knees, my coach shared a little secret with me (before I even started CF, she's a good friend of mine) that worked wonders! I went from barely getting one "real" push-up, to being able to do 20 at a time (hand-release at that!) in very short time with her method.

She said, "get off your knees!" and advised that I roll-up to to the plank position and then work the negative by lowering myself straight down. I still resort to the roll-up method when there are way too many push-ups in a wod and my arms become to exhausted to push up anymore. Her reasoning was that you will gain strength in the needed muscles more with the roll-up (working the negative) method than you will with going to your knees.

I haven't done a push-up on my knees in nearly a year.
  • Tobi1013
    For those of you scaling push-ups to your knees, my coach shared a little secret with me (before I even started CF, she's a good friend of mine) that worked wonders! I went from barely getting one "real" push-up, to being able to do 20 at a time (hand-release at that!) in very short time with her method.

She said, "get off your knees!" and advised that I roll-up to to the plank position and then work the negative by lowering myself straight down. I still resort to the roll-up method when there are way too many push-ups in a wod and my arms become to exhausted to push up anymore. Her reasoning was that you will gain strength in the needed muscles more with the roll-up (working the negative) method than you will with going to your knees.

I haven't done a push-up on my knees in nearly a year.

This is a great tip, and I def want to get off my knees, but what do you mean by "roll up to the plank position"? I understand working the negative, but the "roll up" has me confused.

Thanks!!