HM1971
HM1971 Posts: 63 Member
Just curious about it :)

Replies

• caitlindrew422
    caitlindrew422 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi HM,
    I am beginning this diet tommorow. I want to start off by saying this diet was made up by a actual physician, I think that is very important to note. I also almost wouldn't quite call it a diet as really it is just a way to get you to eating healthy and right...
    and just want to say I am not all knowing on the subject as I have just read the book recently and am just getting started so anyone else who wants to add, please do!
    with that being said...
    17 day diet is actually 4 17 day cycles, each cycle made up differently to trick your metabolism so it doesn't plateau. It is designed to get you to break your dependence on unhealthy carbs and processed foods, eating healthfully and thinking about your food choices and so much more.
    the 4 cycles are:
    Cycle1:Accelerate, Cycle 2:Activate, Cycle 3:Achieve, Cycle 4:Arrive
    I highly suggest you read the book for full details and a complete guide of what you will be doing.
    I can tell you on Cycle 1 you will be eating very lean meats, most veggies (the only one i can think of that is not allowed off the top of my head is corn), a small selection of non-starchy fruits, and various pro-biotic foods like yogurt, greek yogurt, kefir, etc. I am just starting Cycle 1 so I don't want to go to much into the other cycles since I know the most about this first cycle as this is where my focus is right now. Hope that helps a bit!
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just curious about it :)

It is misleading, right? The theory is that folks start a plan and after several weeks get bored, hit a plateau, etc. Somewhere I heard that since it takes 21 days to develop a habit, then it would make sense that in 21 days your mind wraps around the habit that you are dieting and starts sending hold on to the fat signals. BUT, if you change things up every 17 days you don't get bored, and your body doesn't have a chance to figure out what you're up to :-). I was fascinated to begin with but then when I started seeing the before and after pictures of people who had done it I was blown away.
  • HM1971
    HM1971 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will look into the book. I'm curious how it works when diet/exercise is not new to one's life?