What Happens after Insanity

Options
TKRV
TKRV Posts: 165 Member
I will be starting this workout soon and I am curious what people do after month 2. Do you just keep repeating the months over and over? Maybe you just keep going on Month 2? Or do you just stop insanity together and move on to something else.

I've tried a number of fitness activities in the past and I find that what works best for me is something where I am greatly challenged. I feel like Insanity will do that for me. I'd like to make it a habit, though, not just a 2 month thing.

So, I'm looking for advice and suggestions. What have you done after finishing insanity

Replies

• SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    After completing Insanity I started a weight training program. There are 2 Insanity workouts that I liked, I'll keep going back to them every now and then.
    Doing Insanity forever is unimaginable for me, the intensity - if you do these workouts properly - is too much to do it long term. Also, I'd get bored. I started having a burn out in the last week of the program.

There are enough challenging programs out there.
    Complete Insanity first, then decide if you want to move on.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity today and there's no way I'm starting it again tomorrow :laugh: :laugh:
  • kmvfitness
    kmvfitness Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I finish, I plan on doing Shaun T's new DVD, T25, and maybe trying Insanity: The Asylum. :) Probably going to take a few days off in between, though.
  • gsop22
    gsop22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am actually finished with Insanity this Sunday. I don’t want to lose my momentum so started C25K this week also as the first week seems to be a light workout. I had the same feeling about what should I do next after Insanity, I know I will not be doing it again for at least a few months. I was thinking I may buy T25 in the next few weeks and try that out also and I love the 25min which fits into my day great.

Good luck
  • unoriginalusername007
    Options
    I'm not done just yet- two weeks left so I'm counting down - but I don't plan on doing the program all over again. I know some who do, but I feel like most move on to other things. There are a couple workouts that I wouldn't mind doing every now and then, maybe twice a week, but I don't want to follow the schedule again. I've been short on time so I"m thinking about T25, but I may just do regular cardio things like jogging and biking, and weight training, and be done with all that Insanity insanity. :tongue: As someone else said, it's way too much to continually put your body through over and over and over and over again.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    the goal of insanity is to get you in shape, after you can tackle any sport you want knowing that you have the base for it.
    Also doing it once a year / twice a year or cycling through similar programs is an option as well.
    But to me doing these programs is to get ready for other things ;)