Weekly Challenge

Options
lizz2013
lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
So it is midweek and probably not the most sensible time to start a challenge, but they all say tomorrow never comes...no better time like the present!

This week's challenge is to name something that you need to work on, just 1 thing, and try your utmost to fix it this week.

For me, I know I really need to eat better. So it's all about fruit and veg and food that is nutritious instead of just junk I feel like.

What is your goal?

Replies

• mfpbluefern
    mfpbluefern Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need to stay in the 600 calorie range during fast days. This is fast day 3. First day: ate 1000 second: 750.
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    oh I know that feeling. It is so easy to talk yourself into those extra calories isn't it? I find distracting myself by staying busy and drinking lots of sugar free squash helps me stay under. I also have to pick my fast days carefully. Some days I just can't do it so I eat normally and try again another day.
  • arenee65
    arenee65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This week I'm going to stay away from drinking pop.
  • laserqueen
    laserqueen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    At this point, the food is not as much of a challange as putting a yoga workout back in to my life. This week I will do my previously regular yoga workout twice. My fast days are Thursday and Friday. I am learning that I do control absolutely everything that goes in my mouth.
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    I.Need.To.Exercise.

Now - this week, starting today.
  • cindysatx
    Options
    I need to record my food on the three feast week days. I'm not committing to this on the weekends, LOL. I'll save that form the next "fixit" challenge.
  • auntjenny74
    auntjenny74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I will continue to follow my plan, and will record my plan for next week before Monday rolls around.
  • mfpbluefern
    mfpbluefern Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    two fast days in a row? I would be so hungry on the 2nd day. I am fasting today and I feel suprisingly well. I am hungry, but not shaky, tired, grumpy, or weak like I thought I'd be after eating only 200 calories today. I am saving 400 for supper. Good luck on the yoga!
  • CynthiaEvans
    CynthiaEvans Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I will schedule my two fasting days and just do them on schedule and not procrastinate about it. I think that my fasting days will be protein drinks mixed with green drinks for added nutrition. :smile:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I've just started doing a 30 day shred, so that's a big plus but I need to take it from there.
  • hippiejacket0810
    hippiejacket0810 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I need to eat better and start working out again. Planning on getting a gym membership at Anytime Fitness after I make tips tonight. (I'm a waitress) So until then, guess I'll get my working out done at work :p I want a gym membership because at home workouts just don't last for me. I do good for a couple days and then I'm just like NOPE! But when I'm in the gym, I feel great.
  • loui1234
    loui1234 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My challenge for this week is to stick to not get carried away on 'feast' days!
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna take my coffee black when fasting.
  • johnna1212
    johnna1212 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 28 of the 30 Day Shred. Go for it.
  • johnna1212
    johnna1212 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I need to get to caffeine free. My addiction to diet coke gets me in line at McDonalds every morning, ugh!
  • littlegem65
    littlegem65 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating more healthier on my nonfast days. :smile:
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I plan to stop drinking coffee (because I have to have sugar and creamer in it, Splenda just doesn't work for me in hot drinks). Anyway, today was my first day without it and did fine with just having my cold tea with Splenda.
  • Emmy501
    Emmy501 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I need to get to caffeine free. My addiction to diet coke gets me in line at McDonalds every morning, ugh!

I am the same way. Mickey D's unsweet tea every day.

My challenge is to stay away from the scale for the rest of the week. I have a habit of weighing myself every day. Not a good thing as the slightest change in the wrong direction can either insprie me to eat better or throw me over the edge.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    This week's goal: No Coffee

Replacing morning my Joe habit w/my Almased+lots of other good stuff shake instead and using organic coffee extract in my morning breakfast shake.
  • lyndyloolaa
    lyndyloolaa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to stay focused!

Lx