Weekly Challenge

Options

Replies

• lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I need to get to caffeine free. My addiction to diet coke gets me in line at McDonalds every morning, ugh!

I am the same way. Mickey D's unsweet tea every day.

My challenge is to stay away from the scale for the rest of the week. I have a habit of weighing myself every day. Not a good thing as the slightest change in the wrong direction can either insprie me to eat better or throw me over the edge.

I'm the same with the scale. I'm trying to stick to once a week. On my MFP chart it is always wiggly so I need to remember that no loss is usually followed by a big loss, and not get discouraged when it doesn't change.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I really want to go without soda (so far, so good), and hit the gym every weekday (so far, so good). Now if this darned smoke would clear out, I would love to incorporate family walks.
  • Emmy501
    Emmy501 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I am the same way. Mickey D's unsweet tea every day.

My challenge is to stay away from the scale for the rest of the week. I have a habit of weighing myself every day. Not a good thing as the slightest change in the wrong direction can either insprie me to eat better or throw me over the edge.
    [/quote]

I'm the same with the scale. I'm trying to stick to once a week. On my MFP chart it is always wiggly so I need to remember that no loss is usually followed by a big loss, and not get discouraged when it doesn't change.
    [/quote]

I am happy to know I am not alone when it comes to the scale. :bigsmile:
  • laserqueen
    laserqueen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well, this morning I actually did my long neglected yoga routine. I can't say it felt great- but it did feel good- I've lost a lot of flexibility in the past 6 months or so. Just getting into the beginning pose was enough stretch for some of my neglected parts! I want to do the routine one more time before Monday...

Good luck to all in continuing to meet our challanges!
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I thought I put my weekly challenge in here a couple of days ago ... its gone missing. Anyhow I plan on reducing my alcohol intake this week. :drinker:
  • lizz2013
    Options
    I thought I put my weekly challenge in here a couple of days ago ... its gone missing. Anyhow I plan on reducing my alcohol intake this week. :drinker:

haha amazing emoticon! How has it gone so far?
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    OK, so I am really craving coffee today for some reason. But I plan to stick with this challenge and not have any.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    OK, so I am really craving coffee today for some reason. But I plan to stick with this challenge and not have any.

{{{{{ *HUGS* }}}}}}}}

If I can do it...ANYONE can, you can too--I'm praying for you and pulling for you too! That said....

What I'm doing is NOT having any coffee on my down days (just to show my body who's in control ) and having one cup on my feast days.

Also, there are some mighty healthy teas around too. You got this and if you fail--well....Rome wasn't built in a day, right?
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    {{{{{ *HUGS* }}}}}}}}

If I can do it...ANYONE can, you can too--I'm praying for you and pulling for you too! That said....

What I'm doing is NOT having any coffee on my down days (just to show my body who's in control ) and having one cup on my feast days.

Also, there are some mighty healthy teas around too. You got this and if you fail--well....Rome wasn't built in a day, right?
    [/quote]

Thanks so much, just knowing you guys are struggling too helps. I like the tea idea, I was actually thinking about that when I wrote the post so you mentioning it makes me want hot tea now instead of coffee...Thanks!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I want to try to get back to the gym...not been for a while as my knee and hip are playing up...pain is shocking at times!
    However,I have to walk my dogs, so I am endeavouring to increase my walks with them....as I had to do nowt for a while!
    So, visit the gym, get a new exercise regime to suit my current predicament, hopefully some weights, some cardio!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Well done everyone! Giving up coffee is so hard. I did it a couple weeks ago and was pretty ill with it but now I'm reducing my intake a lot more cause it makes me so dehydrated
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So Monday morning here in France. Today I'm going on vacation for two weeks, will go home to Sweden and spend time with my family. So this week's challenge (and next's too) will be to stick to the 16:8. As soon as I get back home I'll add back the 5:2.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    So Monday morning here in France. Today I'm going on vacation for two weeks, will go home to Sweden and spend time with my family. So this week's challenge (and next's too) will be to stick to the 16:8. As soon as I get back home I'll add back the 5:2.

have a wonderful holiday! If you stick to 16:8 I'm sure you'll have brilliant results. how often do you do that a week? Let us know how you get on :)
  • lonypony
    Options

haha amazing emoticon! How has it gone so far?

Well my weekly challenge went well. I reduced alcohol intake to only 3 days this week which is 4 less then previous LOL. Given that 2 were fasting days anyway, but I can do three days a week. This week my challenge is to increase my fruit intake coupled with the reduction in alcohol. I am just not a fruit eater. So tomorrow morning I am starting with some strawberries on my porridge and a snack of an orange at work. Its a fasting day too. How is everyone else doing with their challenges?
  • lizz2013
    Options
    My week 3 challenge is to eat clean! and cut back on sugar. I want to lose 2 lbs this week so i need to get my head in the game! Moving more, eating less and better.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    This week's challenge is to continue "attempting" NO doing 10,000 steps per day...which also I want to do at least 10 minutes of treadmill work, followed by 10 minutes stationary bike, followed by 10 more minutes treadmill work.

Also to EAT MORE:ohwell: on my feasting days.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    This week's challenge is to continue "attempting" NO doing 10,000 steps per day...which also I want to do at least 10 minutes of treadmill work, followed by 10 minutes stationary bike, followed by 10 more minutes treadmill work.

Also to EAT MORE:ohwell: on my feasting days.

What a great challenge! I need to eat my veg aaaaaall the time :)
  • greenbirdsings
    greenbirdsings Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My week challenge is actually a "two" week challenge, I goal is to not weigh-in until next Friday, believe it or not this is going to be difficult for me. Sinice I didn't really have positive weigh-in results last week I'm worried that if I still don't see any results this week I'll just give up. I think this diet is worktha real shot, so I'm not going to worry about what I see or don't see on the scale and instead focus on staying on track and sticking to eating well.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Despite what the book says about nt measuring calories on non fast days I'm going to go back to logging everything. The freedom of eating 'normally' just means I eat too much so I'm going to aim for 1700 cals on nonfast days and hope that the weight goes down again.

Greenbird I think that is a great idea. Well done for sticking with it :)
  • lonypony
    Options
    Greenbirdsing I haven't had a weight loss since my first week loss of 2.2kg. I have slowly gained week by week. It is disheartening and I feel like what's the use but I am still here. Keep thinking positive thoughts and we are all here with you. I am still looking forward to my weekly weigh in on Saturday and that is what keeps me motivated to try and eat healthy and like lizz2013 I still log on my non-fast days too. Keeps me in check. I am sure my thyroid has a lot to do with my difficulty in losing weight, coupled with menopause (I have had TOM visit twice this month!!) . You do what you gotta do and I wish you well until your next weigh in.