good books

IroncladLuke
IroncladLuke Posts: 21 Member
hey guy's I just finished tom venuto's "burn the fat feed the muscle" and will brink's "bodybuilding reveiled" I thought they were both really informative especial will brinks

anyone else read these, thought's?

would love to hear any other good book recomendations

Replies

• Cranky55
    Cranky55 Posts: 3 Member
    Both of those books are a good read. I like Will, he seems spot on with his advice and not in with the supplement companies. I do a lot of internet reading and research. Strength Training Anatomy sits next to me, my book for exercise types and muscles that get hit.
  • IroncladLuke
    yeah doing a lot of internet reading also, Strength Training Anatomy, sounds like a smart investment too, i'll have to pick that one up

i liked the way brinks book was straight forwardand fairly simple

i just got arnolds bodybuilding encyclopedia, hoping that it has some good info in it
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    starting strength by mark rippetoe
    5/3/1 by jim wendler
    strength, life, legacy by paul carter
  • Have you checked out www.AWorkoutRoutine.com ? The author is Jay. That's all he goes by. Very informative, no B.S. and funny to read. Great content.
  • IroncladLuke
    just checked AWorkoutRoutine.com, what a good site, put's things in prospective pretty well, thanks for that mate
  • nick1109
    nick1109 Posts: 174 Member
    Having read most books out there I would say that Beyond Brawn by Stuart McRobert is the cream of the crop for me
  • bmgilst
    bmgilst Posts: 12 Member
    The Bodybuilding Encyclopedia by Arnold is pretty good. It's of course pretty dated but gives good insight on many, many excercises and why to do them.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Hey, Luke! I plastered this on my profile, but will put it here, too. Just what it says it is:

Muscle & Fitness 101 High-Intensity Workouts for Fast Results

I'm liking the 2nd workout plan I try out of this. Downloadable thru Amazon. I will look into all the others listed here :smile:
  • IroncladLuke
    thanks myra, might give this a look too, i'll keep an eye on your proffy to see how it's working for you
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    I just started reading, "Becoming a Supple Leopard." While not bodybuilding specific book, it does a lot to talk about maximum strength and injury prevention.
  • IroncladLuke
    true it would be hard to look like a Supple Leopard withy a pulled Quad lol
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    As corny as it might seem, Arnie's "The New Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding" is a fantastic resource. I've also found Stuart McRobert's "Insider's Tell All Handbook on Weight Training Technique" to be an excellent book on getting exercise form right.
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Best fitness book I've read is "Bigger, Leaner, Stronger" by Michael Matthews. My wife read his book for females "Thinner, Leaner, Stronger. The book was very easy to read and has a diet and exercise program that is just as easy to follow. I've been following the diet and exerise program since January and have managed to get my bf % to an all time low while cuting down on the time I spend in the gym liting and doing cardio. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

http://www.muscleforlife.com/books/bigger-leaner-stronger/
  • hey guy's I just finished tom venuto's "burn the fat feed the muscle" and will brink's "bodybuilding reveiled" I thought they were both really informative especial will brinks

anyone else read these, thought's?

would love to hear any other good book recomendations

Championship bodybuilding- chris aceto

all books by shelby starnes and Troponin nutrition