How long have you been abstinent?

Options
2»

Replies

• sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, mine is 1 day.

Though it is so important to me because today I know I am abstaining from (the same things as you).

1. Sugar (in the form of cakes and such, ice cream and chocolate)
    2. Abstaining from eating between planned meals.
    3. Not eating beyond an average portion of any meal.
  • PattiUnleashed
    PattiUnleashed Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere the other day that the person who has been abstinent the longest is the one who was up earliest :) 18 months, one day at a time. Just for today xxx

I like that, the person who has been abstinent the longest is the one who was up the earliest today, LOL. :laugh:
    I became abstinent June 21, 2013. So I am a couple or so weeks shy of 60 days.

Patti
  • swissmardi
    swissmardi Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've been abstinent from sugar since 93'. I've eaten abstinently for 24 hours - that means not overeating and eating what my plan has to offer.

What I LOVE is that abstinence can begin at anytime of the day or night - not just in the morning. It begins with the decision to stop eating compulsively, whenever that happens, be it at 6 in the evening or 3 a.m. after a binge. THAT helps me.
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    this is my 3rd day.

I am on holiday, and my abstinance is about taking the lower fat meal option.

So i haven't had any icecream, or chocolate or chips (which I did previous to the 3 days).

I feel 70% happier, but now feel homesick and want to go home...

Swissmardi: well done for sugar absitenance! how hove you done it? what do you eat when you want a dessert? or do you just not have it at all.
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am abstinent today. What IS my abstinence, I often ask myself. And, until I can clarify that, write it down and be willing to surrender, I'll keep on doing the insanity dance. And my feet hurt :ohwell:

I learned on Friday night one place I must be crystal clear: No drive through fast food. It's been a loonngg time since I've been driven by that behavior. I did not like the way I felt -- either physically, emotionally, or spiritually.

I work from home in my own business, so I finally -- at 57 -- am able to design life EXACTLY as I want it. I know --again -- that putting myself and my program is FIRST and FOREMOST. Otherwise, no other area in my life works with serenity, peace or gratitude.
    :flowerforyou:
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to make today Day 1.
  • blaiseastra
    Options
    At the end of August it will be 8 months. :)