Looking for Paleo/Primal friends with open diaries

Options
harpielady
harpielady Posts: 5 Member
I try to have a primal diet although not completely strict/keeps falling off the wagon. I will eat fairly low-carb clean otherwise (but do have the odd McDonalds if I'm out and about and that's where the family want to eat. ).

I'm looking for inspiration from those with open diaries so I can try and entice my family over to that WOE. It also may help keep me on track and make the right choices knowing that people can see what I'm eating too. I keep an open diary.

Replies

• rkasper22
    rkasper22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hi friend! i have an open diary and eat paleo (with an occasional splash of milk in my coffee or sprinkle of cheese on a salad) and you are welcome to peruse. i am NOT perfect (yesterday was a total fail!) but i do eat gluten free always and almost always dairy free. good luck! start small and cook food they love. it's hard to say no to butter, steak, bacon, and fruit :)
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary to everyone; no need to be my "friend" to see it. I am quite strict with my eating plan because I am resolving serious health issues. The weight loss is only a nice side effect of being incredibly healthy.

I am currently on Whole30, but even when I'm not you won't see too many non Paleo foods. I am also ketogenic. As for off plan treats- popcorn once every couple of months and a glass of wine or vodka here and there that's about it. No wheat EVER.

I'm not the best support for people who are not fully committed to this lifestyle. I'm very passionate and opinionated so that sometimes "offends". I don't walk on eggshells. Feel free to look at my diary though. Any time.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. About 2 weeks ago I went primal and feel great. I do still eat dairy, mainly greek yogurt and cream. My plan is to be not fanatical...for instance, I love the KIND bars, the maple pecan one today does have peanuts in it. And my nearly full jar of mayo is made with soy oil :( but that will go soon.
    Since I am single, the majority of the time I can eat what I want, so I when I'm out with family or friends I do plan enjoy a burger or pizza now and then.
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My diary is open for all to view.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm starting paleo again tomorrow and plan on keeping track of my food and am always open to more paleo friends to keep me motivated and on track!
  • leighn62
    leighn62 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've been primal for about a month. Hope my diary gives you some ideas. Good luck!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, if you're interested at all in seeing how an eighteen year old Coeliac's "diet" looks trying to gain weight.

Every now and then I may "indulge" in some rice crackers or eat some GF pasta/pizza/whatever with my girlfriend, but otherwise my foods all fall under the category of Primal.
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends, I believe. I'd love some new friends!

I made the leap into Paleo eating just over 2 weeks ago and it's been fantastic. I did take a day off yesterday so that I could enjoy some birthday cake and other birthday party eats at my party, but that was premeditated.

At the end of my first 30 days on Paleo, I will likely switch to Primal. I really miss dairy just a little bit too much for Paleo to be a realistic forever lifestyle.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    Hit me up! My diary is open.
  • chandy2809
    chandy2809 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    mine is open! add me as a friends :-)

I try to eat paleo with yogurt (on tablets that cause bone problems so have the added calcium) past few days have been crap as ive been stressed and haven't eaten 100% but id say I've been 80%

I've started running (until today where my knee hurts and I can barely walk - so will do swimming instead!!!)

any questions ask!

I have spaghetti bolognaise for tea tonight mmm using courgette as a spaghetti substitute!
  • treatgirl
    treatgirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just getting back into it after a lot of success last year, and less success this year following change in job/lifestyle. Please feel free to add me...
  • superjean1
    superjean1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends. Feel free to add me.

I started eating mostly paleo about three months ago because I am having some health issues. I do still drink red wine (a glass or two per night with dinner). I have felt some improvement, but not huge. I am working up the nerve/energy to start a 30 day autoimmunity protocol (no nuts, seeds, nightshade veggies, alcohol, etc. in addition to paleo) to see if I notice more improvement. It feels daunting as I love peppers of all kinds, tomatoes, tomatillos, nuts and red wine., but I need to just suck it up and try it in hopes that I can narrow down the possible offenders and move on.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    My diary is completely open, anyone is free to creep it at any time. I also am happy to be friends with anyone who is looking for input and encouragement. I eat Primal, not Paleo and I'm probably only about 90% goodness on Primal. I drink alcohol, sometimes I eat rice or quinoa, cheese is definitely on the plate for me, although in moderation.

Anyhow, feel free to friend me, or just creep through my diary anytime. If you friend me you get the added benefit of my Chuck Norris Joke of the Day in your newsfeed!!! ;-)
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I just started back following Paleo on Monday. I am having trouble staying away from fruit though. I am a good example of what not to eat on Paleo.
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I just started back following Paleo on Monday. I am having trouble staying away from fruit though. I am a good example of what not to eat on Paleo.

Isn't fruit paleo? I'm confused.

Anyway - open diary to all. Not a great example and I skipped tracking the past two weeks but its open if you want to look and / or add me.
  • Mrs_Holly
    Options
    I NEED PALEO FRIENDS~ PLEASE ADD ME. Paleo~ I'm just getting to understand this eating lifestyle and want to know more. I've been doing a little of Atkins but I can see Paleo is healthier but along the same lines as far as low carbs, high protein. I want to know LOTS more now~ I am to goal but I'll need help with this so I can get on board.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options

Isn't fruit paleo? I'm confused.

Anyway - open diary to all. Not a great example and I skipped tracking the past two weeks but its open if you want to look and / or add me.

Fruit is paleo -- I think the concept is to try to limit it to local and seasonal. Another reason to limit fruit is that it's high in sugar and too much can make it hard to kick the carb cravings.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I think my diary is open. At least, it's open to friends. Feel free to add me.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I've gone through and added a pile from this thread but i think i missed some. my diary is open but i'm pretty slack with tracking. also been slack with cooking fun things lately!
  • Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I'd love some primal/paleo friends!