Please don't bail on me.

Options
Nikki31104
Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
The last two groups that I joined disappeared without any warning or notice. I need the motivation of a group challenge to keep me going. I am two steps away from calling it quits. This may sound extremely selfish but I need you all to get me through this.

Replies

• catherine1420
    Options
    I am brand new and 50 lbs over weight and need support and a challenge
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have been here for over a year. I am down 30 pounds since I started. 40 pounds overall. I want to lose about 20 more but my doctor would rather I lose 35 more. But lately my motivation has been gone. I don't know how to get it back. I figured a group challenge would help me get back in the swing of things.
  • alyssakaitlan
    Options
    I am new to this, and want to lose 62lbs.. I need some motivation and support.. The only friend I have in this town that will go to the gym with me, is a size 0 and she talks about how fat she is! lol I need some motivation from people who are fighting the same battle of the bulge like I am.
  • joann_xvi
    Options
    I'm new to this group thing. I hope I can keep up.

I'm currently 56.1 kgs (124 lbs) I wanted to lose body fat and be fit and healthy... hope you guys can help.
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just joined 3 weeks ago, the way Im so motivated I dont have any hopes of turning back now...the challenge groups are what keeps me up.

47516265.png
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just joined 3 weeks ago, the way Im so motivated I dont have any hopes of turning back now...the challenge groups are what keeps me up.

Im currently 80kg (176 lbs) and my goal is 60kg (124 lbs) 5 inch short.

47516265.png
  • bceltic
    bceltic Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Active member for 1.5 weeks. Looking to lose 50+ lbs the old fashion way, eating very healthy and exercising. Fist time joining a challenge, so how do they work?
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hey Nikki - like you I have gotten so discouraged by joining groups that start up hot and heavy and then after about 2 weeks even the person that started the group never checks in or post anything and no one responds to your post so you feel like you are just talking to yourself.

I want to be in a group that WANTS to work together as a group to support and encourage each other. I will be 49 years old next month, have another 25 pounds to lose and I know that I can do it having some friends along for the journey. Having to lose weight sucks, why not try and have a little fun doing it!!
  • srosenberg101
    srosenberg101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all- just getting remotivated and could use all the support I can get! My doc just told me I have 90 days to get my cholesterol down or I need meds. That has me freaked out enough that I came home last night and threw out all the junk from the closet that tempts me.Now that my daughter went back to college this past weekend and we are back to the empty nest , hubbie and I can't use the ,"I bought it for the kids !" excuse anymore.

I just loaded a countdown app on my phone set to 90 days and figure seeing the number of days I have left will help me stay focused . I did my best when I was connected to an online group a few years ago and would love to have a committed group to keep me honest.
  • amandaparker78
    Options
    Hi all, i've been doing WW for the last year but i have lost my way I have lost 35lbs but still have a way to go and I am going totally off track. I have decide to shake things up a bit and start tracking with MFP, I could really use some group support and would definately like at least another stone off before christmas!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm in too - I just realized it's August already and I haven't lost any weight this whole summer. I need to get busy!!! I'd like to lose around 15 lbs but stress always gets in the way of a good plan. So I need support from my MFP friends :smile:
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I started this challenge and have no intentions of baiing on anyone. Feel free if you have facebook to send me a friend request and I have a private facebook group for this too if anyone is interested in another forum. If not that's fine you can post here, but I REPEAT I HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF BAILING. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!! Message me if you like.
    :smile: :smile:
    www.facebook.com/lisa.miller.395
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    no problem will be here for everyone
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Challenge groups are here for individuals to obtain support, accountability and motivation from fellow challengers as well as the individual who started the group. We discuss struggles, victories and do not critique or criticize one another only positive feedback and motivation. If you have anymore questions feel free to send me a message. Challenge groups have been proven effective for individuals reaching their fitness and health goals. Personally if it wasn't for the challenge group i participated in a few months ago I never would of made it through completing the insanity program. When I didn't feel I could go on, the positive motivation I received enabled me to reach my goals. I'm happy to have you on board.:smile:
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    I'm here and we will do this together. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    We will do this. Set reasonable goals for yourself and we will get there. :smile:
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    I will not be deserting the group!!! We will do this together!
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    For those of you participating in the 90 day challenge feel free to send me a friend request!! I look forward to working with all of you and this is going to be fun!! I love helping people and I'm happy to have everyone on board.
  • msmariimac
    msmariimac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking I haven't done much to get in shape this summer BUT I can look great by Christmas! What a perfect group for me! I'm in in it with you for the long haul :)
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Awesome!! Glad to have you aboard!