Introductions

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. I'm Varda. I live in Atlanta, GA.

I started Couch to 5k in December 2012, finished in February 2013 at the age of 40.
    The first 5k I ran, I pushed two children in a double stroller and finished in about 40 minutes.
    I did a 10k in June, 1:08:something. I'm training for a 1/2 in October.
  • RunningToHealthy13
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Megan and I have been running since the end of March! I am going to be completing my first half marathon in Sept! I've done 2 5ks and I have another 5k coming up in a few weeks.
  • DannyPatterson18
    DannyPatterson18 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm Danny. I have been running since June 29. I graduate my C25K program next Thursday. I am set to do my first couple of 5k's next month, one local run and then the ZOMBIE RUN! I am super excited to run for many reasons!
  • Pearliture
    Options
    Hey everyone I am Pearl. And I would love to run a marathon someday but for now iam doing some 5 ks. Would love to jave some running friend on mfp to help me out. All of my real world friends are none runners and just don't always understand why or how i love to run longdistances.
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am Amy. I am married to my running coach lol

I have been running for a little over a year. I have ran several 5ks, 1 10k and 1 half. Currently have 4 races (3 halfs and 1 10 miler) lined up starting Sept 14th. I have a 5k Aug 31 but at this point I am not counting that one! I am disobeying doctor orders until race season is over (late Oct). Then i will be down for at least a couple of months and starting back at square one when I am released to exercise again.
    Glad i found this group!
  • SilverCityzen
    SilverCityzen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, all... Silver Cityzen, here. Pretty new to the board.

I am getting back into running after a many year break. I was a cross country runner in the early days, and now want to get back into it. Currently just running a couple of miles at a time, still a long ways to go for sure! :smile: Figure there are marathons in my future.

I also do dual sport adventure motorcycling. Hoping to learn about good ways to combine strength training and running... I want to be a runner that also does strength training.
  • nerfherder83
    nerfherder83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello! Ann here. I started running at the beginning of 2012 - went from not being able to run for more than 30 seconds at a time to running my first 5K on July 4th 2012. I've since run a half dozen 5Ks and am training to run the Disneyland 10K in 2 weeks! I was pretty nervous about the long run training, but they've actually been fun and really, really rewarding. I also signed up to run my first half marathon in January - the Disneyland Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon! So starting in September I'll begin the half marathon training. SCARY and exciting!
  • BarbB55
    BarbB55 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello....I live in Peterborough, ontario. Very new to MFP (this is week 1).
    Being accountable for my food has been an eye opening experience!!

I am training for Niagara International Half Marathon at end of october.
    Legs very tired and heavy this week.

Would love to lose weight to improve times....would love to do a 2hr10min half?
    We all need dreams and goals.
    Going out for 18km run this sunday
  • suannemarie
    Options
    I'm Suanne and I live in Colorado. I'm training for my first marathon, as unofficial as it may be. No one sane runs on December 30th here, it's usually either ice or blizzard at that time of year. My family is going to cheer me on and have little stops along the way for warmups (hot chocolate handoffs, mostly). I hope to eventually get into ultras, though not in the dead of winter.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Monica, I'm 23 and I'm from Guatemala. I started running in February this year, and last Sunday I ran my first Half Marathon :D I'm doing another HM in January next year and another one in May... and I'll also be in training for a 10K sub60 min.
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Melissa and I have been running for about a year and a half. I have run several 5k's, a 5 miler, a 10k, a half and a 25K trail run. I am training for my first full. I will be running Philly in November. I will also be running another 10K in October and a Half in November (two weeks before my full). The half will be the same one I ran last year and I am hoping to make that an annual tradition! I will be running my full with a MFP friend that I haven't met in person yet and I am really excited. I have several running friends on here, but would always like more. I am really looking for more friends who are training for their first full as well. Would be helpful to encourage each other. I am struggling with fitting in all of the runs during the week with my busy schedule, but am refocusing this week!
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Josée.

I'm running my first half in 13 days. Summer training has been long and hard on my social life but I did it and I'm pretty proud of it! I started running early spring and I'm addicted, and not stopping anytime soon :)

My plan is to run another half in may 2014, another in sept. 2014 and possibly a full october 2014.

If anyone want a new friend, I'm here!! I log my runs on Nike+ and Garmin Connect and log multiples times a day over here!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm John. I hated running my whole life. November 2011 I decided to give it another shot. I was hooked. I've loved it ever since. Since then I've run 2 halfs, 2 10ks, a handful of 5ks and a couple of mud runs. Halfs are my favorite distance. I had intended to do a full in February but I sprained my ankle really badly three days before my last half and had to take several months off and just got back to easing into running 12 weeks ago. It's taking a long time to get back to where I was but I'm registered for another half in February. I'll work on a full sometime after that.
  • k_les
    Options
    Hey all,
    brand new to mfp and fairly new to running. after some itb issues in january, a couple months rest and recoup and i'm back to running better than ever! i'm training for my first ever race, a HM in november. so far my longest run is 14k. my training plan also incorporates hill runs, easy runs with strides, and as of yesterday, a tempo run.
    any tips or comments are always welcome. super excited to meet other runners and learn lots about my favourite way to spend time.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Laura. I live in Minnesota. I started C25K in May then started the Hal Higdon 5K-to-10K novice program. Am set to "graduate" from that in a week and am trying to figure out what to do next. I like to have a schedule to follow.

I'm probably going to need to treadmill run for most of the winter, which I am not excited about. I can handle the cold, but not so much the snow/ice and darkness.

I've found the runners on MFP to be an awesome group of people. Looking forward to meeting more of them through this group.

edited to fix typo
  • kimdiesel18
    Options
    Hello all!! I'm Kim, 24 from Atlanta, GA. I have recently gotten back into the running scene as I fell off the fitness wagon for a few years. I'm proud to say after a month of being back in the game I am running 5 miles per day, 5 days a week!! I'm the only runner in my neighborhood, so a little bit of online motivation could really help!

I can't wait to hear all of your success stories and learn about the struggles you have faces thus far!
  • AshleyMeggg
    AshleyMeggg Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    My name is Ashley. I'm 22 years old. I've dabbled with running in the past, but I just started getting serious about it this year. I'm running a half in November. That will be my first race and I'm so excited!
    I'd love some friends who are serious about running to motivate me, feel free to add me!
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Sarah from South Jersey. I have been running off and on for five years, starting with C25K, and have been serious about it for about a year. I am addicted to Ragnar Relays, and I started doing triathlons this summer. I signed up for my first half marathon in Philly in November. Thinking about bumping up to the full!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back to running after taking a long break after a surgery. I'm in South Dakota so my training will be moving indoors in a couple months. I've run 6 half marathons and 3 full marathons. (3 Goofy Challenges) I'm a busy person who tends to let life get in the way of my training. Trying hard to stay on track and could always use extra running buddies who know what it's like trying to juggle life with training!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Tyler here!

Slowly getting back into running. Lost over 100lbs a couple years ago, then over the past 8 months or so put on about 60 pounds. My longest race was 7 miles 2 years ago.

My ultimate goal is ultra running. Would love to do a 100 miler....that's 5 years down the road..