Talk about adding insult to injury!

Options
I'm going to whine a bit, is that okay? :cry:

Menopause is a fact of life for women. It's the period at the end of decades of periods. I get that.

With the "Big M" comes the homones - crying, impatience, and anger of minor things; tiredness; sensitivity to certain foods; headaches; and cramps. We all dealt with this as teens and women. Sometimes I feel like a teenage girl with all these symptoms, but again, they're a fact of life. I get it. But this...I mean, REALLY?

Hair. I remember seeing a woman who was in her 40's/50's when I was in my early 20's. She not only had a mustache and some chin hairs, but also had many long, curling black hairs growing out of her neck. I thought, "Ewww!" Doesn't she see those? Why does she have them? Why doesn't she pluck or shave or have electrolsys or something! I vowed I would do whatever I takes to not have those nasty hairs.

I've been sitting a traffic light and glanced in the mirror to discover hairs on my chin...and my neck...and even an occassional one growing out of my CHEEK and it's LONG! HOW COULD I MISS THESE WHEN GETTING READY?

So, I'm whining, because I can deal with the other stuff, but the facial hair...insult to injury!

Replies

• cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    He! He!
    Yip - I entirely get that one!
    What makes it even worse for me is because of thyroid problems I've lost a lot of hair and from various parts of my body - think I'd be 'safe' from them - no chance!
    Nasty sneaky hormones.
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I feel ya girlfriend! Whine away!! I'll whine with you.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    What makes it even worse is that I now need a magnifying mirror as well as my glasses in order to be able to spot the little blighters.....haha.......:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :smile:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Yep can't see them either - my sister and I call them goat hairs
    :noway:
  • Ladylouwolf
    Options
    Well worth the wine, I meant whine!!!! Tweezing and waxing away here!!!!!!!!!Ugh!!!:ohwell:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Stray eyebrows.

My 14 told me yesterday that he didn't mean to insult me, but I had a mustache. (He's looking carefully because he just started shaving two weeks ago.)

Yeah, sucks. Every Sunday I systematically pluck. Thank God I'm blonde and only have a few dark ones. Olay makes a product for disolving bigger swathes of soft hair (like top lip) that works really well. It has a wax pencil thingy in it that protects you skin while you use it. It really does look nice when you're done.

ANYONE HAVE OTHER SUGGESTIONS? I'd really love some.