• daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    lots of sugar free jello for me with one or two atkin bars
    keep my sweet tooth in check
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the challenge. I'm on Day 4 of Induction. I'd like to lose at least 10 - 15 lbs by Sept. 1.

Day 1 150.9
    Day 2 147.7
    Day 3 147.1
    Day 4 146.5

Feel free to add me as a friend as well!
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    COUNT ME IN!! :wink: :wink:
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Day 5 and only down .1 but hey a loss is a loss. I did a lot of weights yesterday and I could be holding onto some water in my muscles. It's a total of 4.5 lbs in less than a week so I'm not complaining.
  • pennyscabin
    pennyscabin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Better late than never! I missed the firs few days...but since I just had my 29th Anniversary on August 14, we went out to dinner last night. I'm just getting started on the low carb way of eating and I need lots of ideas...I'M IN!!!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i lost 3 pounds this week, i wanted more, but ill take it, I may have to fat fast if i am going to make my goal by sept 1st, good to have more people on board, lots of time still
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    How many calories is everyone eating? Or are you even counting calories? New to Atkins! :)
  • timwhoa
    Options
    nope dont count calories, I have lost 65 pounds in a little over 3 months and have not counted a single calorie yet. I often laugh because I know if i did count the calories I was eating on Atkins the weight loss would seem impossible ( the calories are high), but atkins used to refer to this as the metobolic advantage
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I lost 4.4 pounds this past week and this morning I had gained 2 lbs. Yesterday when I was cooking dinner I starting sampling in order to insure the food tasted good. A few tbsp of candy yams later I ended up eating rice and red wine etc. Once I got a my first taste of sugar in a week my cravings for it came back and I had them today as well. Tomorrow is another day, so I am getting back on track. Good luck everyone.
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response and dont give up! My family loves eating bread and pastas in front of me but everyday it gets easier to not even be tempted :)
  • timwhoa
    Options
    Nalita, just start again, many of us often have a "treat meal", so count that as yours, and get back on the wagon!!, you can do it,
  • timwhoa
    Options
    Jess, every meal around my house is a double fix afair, I made home made biscuits and gravy for the others, and I had scrambled eggs with ham, tonight they all had hamburgers on toasted sourdough, I had hamburger patties on lettuce, I watch everyone else eat all the foods I cant anymore,, but I want YOU ALL TO KNOW!@!!<< NOTHING<< NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!!!!!!
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I am going to start again tomorrow. I have to admit it was very nice to no longer have cravings for carbs. It makes it a lot easier to say no to them if you don't have a taste for them. That benefit alone makes it worth trying the Atkin's diet.
  • timwhoa
    Options
    that is exactly right, its those foods that got us into the trouble we are in now, learn to just do without them all together, eat when your hungry, just eat what is allowed on atkins, and you will drop weight, and feel great, without starving yourself to get there
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    How's everyone coming along?
  • T1Holly
    T1Holly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So far, so good. Although I'm upping my fat a hair, I've still got quite the appetite. I think it's just because I've eaten the 6 meals a day style for so long, my body has grown accustomed to eating every so often. But, sticking to it.
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    I just bought a digital scale so that I can see a more accurate reading of the weight loss. I haven't seen anything significant since I got the scale..
  • rachelhale
    rachelhale Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello from London, UK. I started Atkins on Monday August 19, and wish I'd done it years ago. I am not a daily weigher but already some of my trousers feel looser, I know I'm in ketosis (got Ketostix from eBay) and I'm loving the food! First weigh will be Monday August 26 :)

With you guys all the way to Sept 1st and beyond!

Rachel x
  • timwhoa
    Options
    Great to see everyone checking in, I had a flat line week on the scale,, GRRR, so starting tommorow I am going on Atkins fat fast,, ( OH JOY!! NOT!),, its no fun but it sure works, so I will endure butter , egg yolks and mayo for 3-5 days, but I expect to loss a good 8 pounds this week, ,, keeping my fingers crossed I can pull thru,, SEPT 1st is just around the corner,, lets do this!
  • Semifredo
    Semifredo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    4th day of keeping carbs under 20 g per day and - 2 kg