Lap Banded !

Options
ElizaPure
ElizaPure Posts: 25 Member
Wohoooooooooooooooo Hey Hiya Peep's

Day two post op and I'm doing great it's gotta be said !

Been out for X2 walk's so far today, taking it a bit easier as I think I over did it somewhat yesterday lol

How is everyone doing?

Replies

• rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Wishing you quick healing. I'm in my third week post op and enjoying my last week off before I go back to work.
  • steffyp01
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm 5 weeks post op. Walking is the absolute best thing. Make sure you are sipping on fluids all day, you don't want to get dehydrated.
  • ElizaPure
    Options
    What ultimately matters most is not what life gives you or withholds from you. What ultimately matters most is what you choose to do with it.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Comgrats and welcome to the losing side! :flowerforyou:
  • ElizaPure
    Options
    Wohoooooooooooooooooooooo thank's babes :0D !

Managed a 3.5 hour hike on Friday so I'm delighted with me progress so far!
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are doing so well.
  • ElizaPure
    Options
    Wohooooooooooooooooooooo normality has finally returned lol

I'm now back at work doing me night shifts :) never thought i'd be happy about that but hey lol it's all about
    moving forward now :)

:bigsmile: :drinker: :smooched:

xXx
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day back to work. With an extended day and an evening meeting... so tired when I got home! But I had packed my yogurt and cottage cheese and protein shake and got in all my water. Now on to the next one...
  • ElizaPure
    Options
    That's awesome babes,

I think that's the trick, being prepared :) I always take extra healthy snack's with me whenever I go to work now :) mainly to stop temptation !!!!!!!! lol But it works so i'm not gonna break the habbit now.

Found a brilliant exercise video on youtube called walking at home which i've been able to do during me breaks thankfully :) as i'm only 12 day's post op :blushing:

:heart: :drinker: :heart: xXx
  • katbirdinpa
    Options
    have bypass in 2001 and lost 204 pounds. Just a bit more to go.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    have bypass in 2001 and lost 204 pounds. Just a bit more to go.

Really impressive. Congrats on doing so well! I had bypass 11 months ago and have less than 10 to go to reach my goal. I hit normal BMI at about 8 months out. Would sure like to lose some of the stomach and the flappy arms here though!
  • ElizaPure
    Options
    Hey Hiya Peep's

Well done with all your weight losses, it's fantastic to see, I've maintained this week but it's the dreaded Mrs Flow time so it's all good :flowerforyou:

Trying to increase my protein intake starting from today, I don't think I've been having enough of it ?

Also I need some advise Girls

I've been getting some dizzy spells, last week going into this week? I'm wondering if it's down to the lack of sugar I'm now NOT consuming? not that I eat a lot of it anyhow, but from going from drinking fizzy pop (redbull & Lucozade) to them having none, could it be delayed reaction? Or do I need to increase my food intake?

Many Thank's & Kind Regards

Eliza xXx :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Possibly dehydration. Drink more water! If you take any medications, check with your doctor as RX drugs may need to be adjusted.
  • ElizaPure
    Options
    It's not water babes :( I drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day an that's not including juice tea's coffee ect, it's better today, i'm wondering if I might be over doing it slightly ?
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but even at 11 months post op, I still have moments when I am dizzy and almost black out. I also know it's not dehydration. I really think it is just the low amount of food taken in. However, my being a gastric bypass patient could also be a malapsortion issue. With lap band I'm not sure, but if it continues I would certainly check in with my surgical team.