Introduce yourself

Replies

• Hi i'm Vanessa!
    I'm excited to get my arms looking toned and trim!

I'd love some encouragement, so if anyone wants to add me feel free too!
  • dnh4eva4202010
    dnh4eva4202010 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi. I am Holli. Ready to get my arms back into shape!! :smile:
  • mnnelson1875
    mnnelson1875 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello!! I have been "off and on" MFP since late last year....been kinda bouncing my weight around within 10lbs or so....I am only 5' 1" so 10 lbs is allot!!! and weighing 160 is even more!!! I got serious about my healthy lifestyle and MFP about a couple months ago....I started walking and jogging.....eating clean....all that....and saw zero results.....so I did a little reserach on my body type etc....and decided I was doing things all wrong...I started the Jillian Michaels 30DS on July 31st and have already lost over 12" total all over my body. I also do zumba at least 2 times a week and yoga once to twice a week....the results are blowing my mind!!! I cannot wait to start this challenge and take my arms to the next level!!!
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Hi Anne here. I'll give this challenge a go. I tried the Ab one and failed miserably, only got to day 4.

I hope to do better with this one :happy:
  • Aurora1525
    Aurora1525 Posts: 62 Member
    Hello! I'm so excited for this challenge. My arms have always been a little flabby, even when I was a thin teenager. I'd love to give them some toning, especially since I have a wedding coming up and my dress is sleeveless.

One roadblock for me may be grad school. I would love to think of doing exercise as something relaxing to do as a break from my studies. Hopefully, I can actually commit to this in practice and not just in theory :-)

Plugging week 1's exercises into my calendar now!
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Hi Anne here. I'll give this challenge a go. I tried the Ab one and failed miserably, only got to day 4.

I hope to do better with this one :happy:

hey don't get discouraged. So you are not able to do more than day 4. maybe for now you should try you stay with day 4 until you are able to do day 5. You will then call it a "x-day abs challenge". sounds good,no?

"a year from now you will wish you had started today"- karen lamb.
    I don't know where i got that from. but it is in my profil pictures and often i look at the pictures. So there are my inspiration quotes to go on.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,258 Member
    Hi! I'm Chris. I'm looking forward to this challenge...so are my bat wings!!
  • Hi Im Kathryn,
    I have only just joined MFP, but am looking forward to changing my life and love the idea of these groups. It also makes it easier to do at home, as i am studying and spend most of my day writing up assignments this semester. I have about 15kgs to lose (don't know what that is in pounds). looking forward to being skinny for summer (in New Zealand).
  • babellah
    babellah Posts: 21 Member
    doing the ab challenge now and I can't wait to work on arms! I want to get rid of my chicken wings :)
  • jessicawalden88
    jessicawalden88 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I just completed an abs challenge, looking forward to some targeted upper body work with the arm challenge!
  • iratewench
    iratewench Posts: 6 Member
    Hi, my name's Kate. I'm super excited to start this challenge! I've been running for quite awhile but I keep finding that my right shoulder keeps cramping up while on longer runs. I'm hoping that strengthening my arms (and working on my core on my own) will help solve this problem. Here's to working on overall strength improvement and therefore faster running!
  • msjw112
    msjw112 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello! I'm Jessica! I'm excited to participate in this challenge. My arms are definitely something I can improve upon, and with a strapless bridesmaid dress hanging in my closet to be worn in December, I'd love to get a head start on looking as fabulous as possible.
  • brisr001
    brisr001 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm in, working on making a serious go at becoming fit, sounds like a great challenge to kick start with...
  • tanyab1990
    tanyab1990 Posts: 212 Member
    Hello all! My name is Tanya. I am 41 years old and live in Central Florida. I am down almost 20 lbs this year but am shooting for some quicker weight loss by October 24th (20-30 lbs)....Going on a Cruise! This challenge is perfect as it will complement my other workouts and will hopefully tone up my arms for all those tank tops I want to wear on the cruise.

Looking forward to Sept 1st with all of you!
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Hello all! My name is Tanya. I am 41 years old and live in Central Florida. I am down almost 20 lbs this year but am shooting for some quicker weight loss by October 24th (20-30 lbs)....Going on a Cruise! This challenge is perfect as it will complement my other workouts and will hopefully tone up my arms for all those tank tops I want to wear on the cruise.

Looking forward to Sept 1st with all of you!

Enjoy your cruise, am also working out my body preparing for the cruise too in Feb 2014.
  • tanyab1990
    tanyab1990 Posts: 212 Member
    Enjoy your cruise as well! They really are a blast.
  • jenn2403
    jenn2403 Posts: 136 Member
    I am looking forward to this challenge, my arms really need some help!!
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    I'm really looking forward to this. "Use it or lose it" is so true, especially after 40, and I am so self-concious of my arms and wearing sleeveless shirts. Thanks for starting the challenge!
  • r524reed
    r524reed Posts: 74 Member
    Ok count me in. I have been slacking alittle mainly because of minor injuries however I need something else to be doing also besides my running. Thanks, Robin
  • jahzbuttafly
    jahzbuttafly Posts: 175 Member
    I'm taraji, and I am looking forward to this challenge!