Insanity and Female Hormones

Options
TKRV
TKRV Posts: 165 Member
I've heard stories of women who start insanity and experience a delayed period or other symptoms such as mood swings. I did a little bit of internet research which basically said when you start working your body at a higher intensity than it is used to, it can off set your hormones until your body adjusts. I'm curious if any women here have experienced anything like this?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nope! But then I am on the pill so my hormones do as their told!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    When I started running, it actually made my TOM more regular.......can't complain!
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any issues while doing Insanity, but then again, I've always been very regular. Something I did notice though...no cramps! That makes Insanity totally worth it!
  • LizRodmell
    LizRodmell Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i have noticed some increased issues with breaking out in spots, but it only lastes a week or so. i do have an IUD though so my hormones tend go behave themselves too
  • amye0721
    amye0721 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I definitely noticed a change. I started Insanity and my period came the first month just 2 days late. This month I had really bad PMS symptoms (like extremely sore breasts, moody, sensitive), but NO cramps and the lightest blood flow I have had since I was 12. Ha! I even thought maybe I was somehow pregnant because it was so weird to have such a light period with no cramps...but the PMS was still there...if only there was a cure for that. I also seemed far more aware of bloating than normal, mostly because Insanity has flatted my tummy rather nicely and then it wasn't flat for a week. Ah the joys of being a woman...
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Nope, regular as a train schedule since I started exercising.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I started taking the pill to regulate myself after being irregular since... forever. Since I lost some weight, I got off the pill (In June) and had my period like I was supposed to.. made me happy. I started Insanity in July... I have had bloat and a terrible backache since Sunday and I was supposed to start last week and haven't yet. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with that? Interesting.

PS - sorry if that was TMI!!