Meals to stick with, for the long haul. - Clean Eating

Options
FIRST POST

I have just changed my way of thinking towards body image, weight loss, identity etc.. And what ive come out with is what many people already start with: Taking it slow, changing your lifestyle and diet, not just diet. It just doesn't work, I can tell you that. I have some knowledge of nutrition from a few school courses so I do have some knowledge about the relationship between food and exercise have on your body. But by all means, I AM NOT A NUTRITIONIST, Although have been referred to one since I was twelve by friends and family.

Long post I know. Bottom Line

I would like to share ideas and thoughts and strategies and any other obstacles that come up during this journey of self-improvement. I would love to hear some meal plans, recipes, and overall Clean Eating. I have adapted myself to more Clean Eating and it truely does make a difference in your energy levels and health.

3438990.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Butyou
    Butyou Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. The better I eat the more enegry I have! I have had trouble moving completly away from boxed food. For breakfast and Lunch I eat from a graden (meaning nothing processed). For dinner I still eat some boxed food.
    Any suggeststions would be greatly appericaited.
    Are you into beachbody products at all?
    THanks,
    Stephyb
  • carecare_04
    Options
    Yeah its not easy thing cutting out processed foods, but once you start it for one or two days, you will feel so good that you don't want to ruin how good you feel with boxed crap.

Breakfast for me is my favorite meal of the day. I rotate around cereal (boxed I know) but isn't all that processed ie.

http://www.postfoods.ca/our-brands/post-shredded-wheat/spoon-size-wheat-bran/
    Pretty good, no sugar, high fibre and high protein. Through in some berries and soy or almond milk and i am gooood to go .

Additionally, either 2 eggs with spinach, 1 serving size (or less) of cheese, pre-shredded works best. With whole grain bread such as Stonemills Breads. Basically the key ingredient here is high protein and fibre, low sugars, and fat from natural sources (nuts, seeds, avocado etc.)

Think ive rambled on long enough.
  • Butyou
    Butyou Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I eat lots of grapefruits in the morning. I have been injoying my shakeology as well. It gives me tons of enegry for the rest of the day. I love shakes.
  • Ptscorp5763
    Ptscorp5763 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Since I try to eat clean 99% of the time when I get groceries I just stay on the outer edges of the store. If what I want isn't on the outside edges of the store I don't buy it. I know that if I venture towards the center aisles I will head straight for my addiction (chocolate). My advice: Stay on the outside edges and don't buy the boxed stuff.. If you don't buy it you won't eat it. Good luck!
  • r_balogh
    r_balogh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The outside of the store is almost always safe, great advice. Make sure your breads or grain based products start with whole grains too. If the first ingredient isn't whole it's not whole grain.
  • bubbliemae
    Options
    Outside edges of the store for sure! The only thing I go into isles for is oil, condiments, pickles, and canned tuna! Oh yea and I still have the coffee love! The bonus of staying out of the isles... You save a ton of money, to many choices for me add up to $$$$