Men on a Mission thread

Options

Replies

• shabbarshaikh
    shabbarshaikh Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello Men On Mission,

Nice to see a new Thread...

I was away with Surgery and Summer Vacation. And the conclusion is GAINED almost all what I lost during my one year Hard Work....:sad: :sad: :sad:

The positive side is, at least I have experience and your Support, So, see you all next week. I will start dairy from this Sunday.

Best of Luck to All...
  • dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Shabbarshaikh - great to see you back!!
    Trelm289 - nice work!

Unfortunately, I gained back all the weight I lost last week.
    LW = 195.3
    CW = 198.7
    Gain= 3.4
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    LWW 311.2
    CWW 320.1

Yeah, 6 days camping at my family reunion up in the hills. Fun, food, family and beer. Lots of beer. I am sure it is mostly water retention because with all the hiking, fishing, horse shoes and other activities, there is no way I went over by 5000 calories a day.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Looks like we get to start a whole new page again. I really would like to see a little more activity on here. Just me this week.

On the bright side, I did lose 1/2 pound.

Seeing the doctor this morning to get ready for my knee replacement surgery. Checking to see if just one knee or possibly both. Personally, if my right knee is at all questionable as to whether or not its deteriorated far enough, I would just as soon take care of it now and not have to come back next year or whenever and go through all this again. Not to mention having to use double the sick leave to go through this twice.

No chart since its just me this week. Have a great week guys.
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Hi Tim,
    It looks like there are now two Men on a Mission Part 3 threads. Which one are we going with? The other part three had about 4 responses last week - so you weren't as alone as you thought.
    -Dave
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Hello Gentlemen,

I don't know what happened but it looks like two of us started a new Men on a Mission thread last week because the previous page reached its 20 page max. I was feeling all lonely and dejected that no-one but me checked in. My apologies as I guess there were a few updates except for mine on the this page.

Thank you Dave for finding me and letting me know of the double thread.

Shabbar, great to see you back my friend. Let's see if I can keep myself from getting lost this week.

If interested, here is my reply from last week and I'll update a chart in a couple of days and give my personal updates then.

"Looks like we get to start a whole new page again. I really would like to see a little more activity on here. Just me this week.

On the bright side, I did lose 1/2 pound.

Seeing the doctor this morning to get ready for my knee replacement surgery. Checking to see if just one knee or possibly both. Personally, if my right knee is at all questionable as to whether or not its deteriorated far enough, I would just as soon take care of it now and not have to come back next year or whenever and go through all this again. Not to mention having to use double the sick leave to go through this twice.

No chart since its just me this week. Have a great week guys."
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Hi Tim,
    It looks like there are now two Men on a Mission Part 3 threads. Which one are we going with? The other part three had about 4 responses last week - so you weren't as alone as you thought.
    -Dave

Thanks for finding me buddy. Lets go with the other thread and I'll see about getting rid of this one or just let it die a slow natural death and fade away to the bottom of "My Topics".
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Checking in.
    LWW = 198.7
    CWW = 198.1
    Loss = 0.6

Summer vacation for us school teachers is nearing an end. That means I will be back on a more regular schedule which should help with counting calories and exercising. I plan on making steadier progress towards my goal rather than just yo-yo up and down.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    LWW 230 lbs
    CWW 231 lbs.

Have a good one gentlemen. Let's get through labor day and then regain focus.
  • shabbarshaikh
    shabbarshaikh Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am trying start with Diet Control, still not found the Intensity...

LWW: I don't remember
    CWW: 87 kgs

Best of Luck to one and all..
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Good morning Men!

Looks like a bit of good news and bad news today. First the good, We had a MUCH better showing of the men's updates this week. The bad news is all but one of us gained this week.

I have noticed over the last several years of doing this that I clearly do not do well during the summer months. It's weird because I have always thought the opposite would be true. I guess there are less things that take my time and attention away from nutrition or exercise during the colder, wetter weather here in the Pacific NW.

Shabbar, welcome back my friend!! Don't be too discouraged. You gained less than 5 pounds in a little over 3 months since your last posting.

Tim, I am sure you will be next weeks biggest loser.

Dave, congrats on "AGAIN" taking the top spot. Keep up the fight gentlemen.

Update on my knee. I am only having one knee replaced at this time. I am scheduled for surgery Oct. 4th. I will have some form of electronic device with me during my hospital visit and do not want to miss a day of checking in or seeing how you all are doing.

Have a great week guys.

WeekofAug19_zpsd80deb20.jpg
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hello gents. I've been MIA again, but I'm back. I reset my ticker August 1st to 317#. Weighed in at 313# 9/1. We are officially starting the Fast Metabolism Diet tommorrow. It's much like we ate when we first started this journey, but with a stirct no processed food piece and eating certain foods in combo on different days. Luckily there's an app, so it's easy to meal plan. I'll weigh in every monday starting next Monday, so we'll see how it goes. Everyone have a great week and be a loser! :wink: :bigsmile:
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Checking in: 198.6
    LWW 198.1
    Gain: 0.5
  • tdonlin
    Options
    First off, a big welcome back to StevLL. Great to have you back and I am looking forward to seeing how this Fast Metabolism Diet works out for you.

Not a big response this week. I personally did not weigh in this week and am just using last week's weigh-in numbers. I did not rank everyone this week. Steve lost 4 pounds since his August 1st ticker reset.

Have a great week guys.

WeekofAug26_zps2f12bbd3.jpg
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    LWW 313 CW 310 I"m liking this new eating plan. 12 days no caffiene and nobody's died, so its not too bad. Lots of food and a good variety, so its not boring and no processed is really cheaper in the long run.. :bigsmile:
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I'm taking tomorrow, Thursday, off from work. I've been waiting till Thursday to post the chart but am doing it early this week. It's just a lot easier for me to do this at work with 2 monitors and all past updates, etc...

3 weeks till my surgery so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the charts for a week or 2 afterwards.

Steve, you are rocking this new diet. Glad to see it is working for you and also glad no one has died (yet) from the no caffeine part of this diet.

WeekofSep2_zpscfafb1c0.jpg
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Guess I'm late checking in.

CWW = 197.7
    LWW = 198.6
    Loss = 0.9

Tim - good luck with your surgery!
  • tdonlin
    Options

CWW = 197.7
    LWW = 198.6
    Loss = 0.9

Way to go Dave! You consistently do an outstanding job!!!
  • trelm249
    Options
    I am back in routine after travelling.

CWW 232
    LWW 231

It's a crazy time of year at work with end of fiscal year.
    Todd, hoping things go well with the knee.
  • trelm249
    Options
    LWW 232 lbs
    CWW 231 lbs

Getting back in the groove. There is a lot going on. Have a good week men.