Healthy Lifestyle not a Diet

Options
LisaMfit4life
LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
One main thing to remember and this will help you succeed in reaching your goals. Look at this as a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE AND NOT A DIET!! So many times we tend to look at this as a diet and when that happens we tend to be derailed. lose focus, lose confidence, etc which causes us to fail. It then becomes a vicious cycle. I want you all to get in this mind set: I CAN DO THIS, I WANT TO CHANGE, THIS IS NOT A DIET, BUT A NEW LIFESTYLE FOR MYSELF!! I am guilty of this myself, and when I started looking at this with that mindset things started to change. I told myself I'm worth it and I can do this and so far it's been working. Now I want to help you reach that goal. We can do this!! I am also here for anyone who wants some extra encouragement send me a private message and I would be more than willing to help you. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• klyn05
    klyn05 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great points there Lisa :) I am on the exact same page as you , I started telling myself similar things such as I need to get healthy for lots of reasons and for that I need to make changes to my lifestyle, gradually but not minimally, and permanently! I have been a lot more committed with this mindset. I know I will get somewhere with my consistency. :)
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've always subscribed to this view too, which is why my lapse was so bewildering to me! I think the key for me is, that beyond weight-loss goals (actual weight, BMI, jean size), I also need to set fitness goals for myself as well!
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Great! :smile: :smile: