Replies

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    One of my friends who does NROLFW has scoliosis issues. I can't remember which one, though.

She is able to do everything hard core, but occasionally takes a rest day if she feels her back is strained. Hopefully she'll show up and reply.
  • hope002
    Options
    Thanks
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Found her! Search for " mavd ."
  • hope002
    Options
    thanks, I PMed her
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just got the book in the mail & will be starting soon. I have scoliosis - 2 curves. I can't remember what degrees they are tho. Not bad enough to get surgery but I do have back pain & am trying to reduce the pain with exercise & getting stronger. Feel free to befriend me!
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Me(: I have a curve in my lower back.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Amanda Harris is a world record holding lifter and has scoliosis if you want to find out more about her?
  • Autazell
    Autazell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have it. I had back surgery (Herrington rods and spinal fusion) about 20 years ago. I'd like to start strength training but I have been worried about damaging my back. I know that core strength helps my pack pain and from what I have read, NRFL focuses more on core strength than 5x5's and other lifting programs so I am leaning towards starting with this. I plan to take it slow, concentrate on form and not pressuring myself to lift too heavy too fast. Good luck!

ps. There is also a scoliosis group. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7217-scoliosis
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I did. Feel free to PM me. :)
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I've been doing my own routine, which turns out to be the same as nrol4w, for about 2 years now and I have a fusion/rods. I have never had any problems but then again I have nothing to compare that against. Except for a few yoga moves, I've never not been able to do a physical activity - and mine's a really bad curve. Let me know if you have any questions!
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    well slight.. but I have had 4 back surgeries - does that count :)