Member Introductions

Options
drbskinny
drbskinny Posts: 120 Member
This is just a place to say hi, introduce ourselves & just get to know a little about eachother. Feel free to share your story, goals for the shred, or any long-term ambitions you have for your fitness journey!

Replies

• drbskinny
    drbskinny Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    So, to get us started, my name is Devin. I'm a 28 year old single lady that lives in TN.

For most of my life I swam competitively, but after college I was completely burnt out & lost pretty much any interest in fitness. After a couple of years "off" & shoveling food into my mouth like it was my job, I've recently (just over 2 months ago,) started focusing on getting back to a healthier way of living. It's taking a lot of time & I have yet to reach a level of commitment that I'm satisfied with, but I'm slowly making progress toward my goals.

This will be my second round at the Shred. I hated almost every minute of the first time around & don't think I've passed any miraculous point where this time will be any easier, but I'm definitely up for the challenge of finishing for the second time.

For this group I will also be focusing on my poor eating habits. While I can make it through workouts, I have always struggled with making excuses for my bad choices... whether they be about sugars, fats, or simple portion control. I do not exclude things from my diet, but do not have the willpower yet to limit myself to healthy moderation. BUT, I know that if I have the strength to deal with Jillian, I can definitely work on putting that dedication into taking care of the rest of my life :smile:

Good luck to everyone! I know we can do this! Feel free to message me or send a friend request for any support or motivation.
  • kellie0407
    kellie0407 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kellie, I'm a 30 year old mum of 2 from the UK.

I've tried the 30 day shred a couple of times. The first time I got to day 17 but had to stop due to an old injury, the second time I tried I only got to day 4 before quitting due to lack of motivation :frown: I've been really down about my weight for a while now and well enough is enough. I'm determined to see it through to the end and can't wait to see the results :happy:
    Feel free to add me.

Just one other thing I won't be starting the shred until Tuesday 27th as it's my birthday on Monday and I don't plan on doing anything other than eating cake, sorry :laugh:
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Yonela, 29years from South Africa...married and a mother of 2 kids (4 years and 18months) going to the gym was always my wish but thank God there are DVDs like Jillian...

Thank God I find this group, my Dvd is arriving on Monday the 26th from the post office...so I won't miss a day!
  • sim76sim
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sim, I am 37 and from the UK.

I have just joined so am new to all this! I am looking forward to getting started and hopefully seeing it through till the end! (Trying the positive approach):-)
  • relybr718
    relybr718 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i am new to this site and have never tried the 30 day shred but im going to give it my all!! Im so glad to have others to share this will and its great to be able to cheer each other on!!
  • stina0123
    stina0123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Justina 28 yrs old, from Detroit, MI. I have one son and engaged to get married in August of 2014. For years i have battled with my weight. Trying to keep my self committed to exercising and eating healthier. So looking forward to trying something new to get results.
  • KatOls49
    KatOls49 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Katrina and I am 28. I have been married for 6 years and in nursing school which this is my last year!! I want graduate a healthier me!
  • cindialbright
    Options
    Hey there!

My name is Cindi, I'm 53yrs young, mom of 5 and grandma to 11 wee ones. Married almost 29 years to Jim, my walking partner. We are coming up on a year since we changed what we eat, how we eat and walking every day. Jim has lost 35lbs and I lost 30 but recently started sliding. So we are recommitting to our daily walks and now I'm adding this great little tool called the shred.

I'm cheering you guys on because I'll need a lot of encouragement and accountability to meet this goal!
    We can do this!

49145775.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • tcs1231
    tcs1231 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Im Tasha and I live in Virginia. Im married with no children. I have had the 30 Day Shred DVD for six months now and have done a day here and there of level one. I never have fully committed to the full 30 days. Im excited to find this group! I really need to do this and get serious about my fitness/nutrition. I want to have a baby but would like to lose the excess weight before!
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    I'm Pam from the U.K. and I'm pleased to be here! Have been playing on and off with level 1 but not got the motivation to move onto Level 2. Hopefully being accountable will make me stick with it to the end and achieve toning up and losing inches, that others have reported.

Ready to start seriously ...
    Good luck everyone.
  • deejkush
    deejkush Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Diana and I am a teacher, starting back his week (in-services this week, kids next week), somewhat terrified that I'll fall off the exercise wagon after a healthful summer. So, I am glad to have this group to keep me motivated!
  • sweet_skin
    sweet_skin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm Cleo, I'm 22 years old and I just moved back to Minnesota. I graduated from college this past June, and as I bid goodbye to my alma mater I also depart from my campus gym membership:cry: . Summer has come and gone,and i'm hoping to leave any weight gain behind. I'm 5'2 and my weight fluctuates between 120-125.6 lbs. Due to my height I have a tendency to gain weight easily:grumble: . I'm doing this 30 day challenge to launch myself into a state where i'm comfortable working out at home, and not reliant on a gym membership.
    I don't have the dvd or book so i'll be tacking the exercises via my laptop.

Looking forward to this. Good luck all! :smile:
  • SMK683
    SMK683 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shana; 42 yr old mom of four with a full time career. I've started the Shred several times and have found it hard to keep it up in the mornings (I have to get up at 5AM for work). I need accountability and love that I found this challenge. Thank you!
  • trenee35
    trenee35 Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi I'm Toni. I am 49 and work during the week. I usually exercise at night after work as I tend to perspire pretty badly and can't seem to get cooled down enough to be able to get ready for work and walk out the door dry. I am currently on level 3 of the 30 Day Shred. I am excited to be in this group and give it another 30 days. I usually do the modifications while shredding. This go around I'm going to do less modifications. I am excited to be in this group to give me motivation to do the shred all over again. Good luck to all of us. With each other and determination, WE CAN DO THIS. Feel free to add me.
  • ColeAXE
    ColeAXE Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Cole, 29 and I'm from South Africa. I've tried the shred before, I was enjoying it even had a support buddy. unfortunately she took time off to travel, I got injured and I sort of lost motivation. I'm determined to finish this, even if I have to start again. I'm getting back to.my routine after 2weeks of recovery from my sprained ankle. I'm Grateful I've found this group. :D
  • syyoung2005
    syyoung2005 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Stacy I live in Warner Robins, Georgia. I am married with 3 kids and currently I am a full time student at Middle Georgia State College. This will be like my third attempt at trying to lose weight and just change and break many of my bad habits of unhealthy eating and not being active. But mostly I am at a time in my life where I just want to start doing something's for myself and right now my goals are to get my degree and have a new body to go along with it. So good luck to everyone and F.Y.I. my new send off will now be READY, SET, GO. Just something I am now saying to myself to keep me motived.:wink:
  • skizzerbizkit
    skizzerbizkit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

My name is Brianna, I'm 23 and from Minnesota. I've been on MFP for years, but I never realized there were GROUPS available to join. This is one of the first groups I came across, and it's perfect. I've had the 30DS video for a while, but I've never had the motivation to get past week one. I have a problem with staying committed and finishing what I started. I always give up. So I'm hoping that having a group of people doing it with me will be motivating.

I am also looking for new friends, so feel free to add me. :)
  • Valeria125
    Options
    Hi. . .new to this website and this team. I chose this team because I actually have the 30 Day shred DVD. . .(packed away somewhere. . .(lol) . . .BUT I WILL FIND IT!! And find the motivation to power through with you guys as we shed unwanted poundage and misery!!!
  • lishym
    lishym Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm Lish. I'm 24 years young from Cleveland, OH. Both my husband, Josh, and I are trying to get healthy. I mainly want to shed the weight so I won't end up with health issues like diabetes type 2 or heart disease. I lost a lot of family members too early and I don't want those diseases to take me too early too! This is going to be my first 30DS and I am going to give it my all :) Please feel free to add me :) I'm on here on the daily so let's motivate each other and succeed :D
  • Becca0301
    Becca0301 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello,I'm Rebecca from Ohio.Wife and mom of four. I did 30 day shred back in April and lost 11 pounds and 14 total inches. I must admit I did begin to hate the workout after awhile but stuck with it. Now my weight loss has stalled and I'm hoping the 30ds will get me going again. Last time I did the workout alone so this time it will be fun to be in a group. Hoping to see good results.